News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

Brer Oswald

View attachment 548817

Alright, now someone needs to photoshop it to make it look like the classic Fantsyland posters.

Animaniac93-98

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Enhanced it.

poster.jpg

yensidtlaw1969

It does feel pretty low-rent.

Brownie points to the first fanboy to make it 10 times better with only 20 minutes in photoshop.

The voiceover in that video really is bad. Disney can't get anyone better to do their Tiktoks?

EDIT: Oops, sorry @chadwpalm! I thought I was replying to the genuine Poster, I didn't realize the Queen was an add you did! In that case, you win the Brownie points.

CraftyFox

View attachment 548817

The funky gradient colors they’ve added to the character’s skin looks really tacky honestly. It looks like 2000’s Disney fan-art IMHO.

Animaniac93-98

Here's the Florida version:

1618449791229.png

On one hand, I like how the title looks without the word "scary" and the font rearranged and made larger.

But in the context of 1980s WDW it makes no sense. Almost none of the imagery shown on the poster is relevant to that version. Even the Witch with the boulder is wrong because she used a giant jewel instead, and you certainly didn't "meet" Snow White.

Brer Panther

Here's the Florida version:

View attachment 548891

On one hand, I like how the title looks without the word "scary" and the font rearranged and made larger.

But in the context of 1980s WDW it makes no sense. Almost none of the imagery shown on the poster is relevant to that version. Even the Witch with the boulder is wrong because she used a giant jewel instead, and you certainly didn't "meet" Snow White.
In the words of Flik, this, my friends, is false advertising.

BasiltheBatLord

I think I've said this before but it is genuinely kind of amazing how Tokyo Disneyland is becoming a time capsule of Disneyland when it was better.

It has original Snow White, PotC with no PC changes at all, the best version of HM worldwide, un-edited Country Bears and Splash Mountain (arguably the best version).

Wonder how long that will last, if it does.

PiratesMansion

Tokyo Disneyland, and all the other Disney parks for that matter, are missing Disneyland’s history and will never have it. I personally am not too intrigued.
That's true to a point, but it also presupposes that the history is the only thing that really matters about Disneyland.

The other parks have history too, it is just dramatically under-publicized compared to that of Disneyland, and really, even coverage of Disneyland's history drops off dramatically after Walt's passing. I think it's fascinating to see how the parks evolved over time, and what improvements were made, as well as the things they tried that didn't quite work. It's also frustrating that because Disney isn't at all interested in the history of the other parks that their stories will never properly be told, and as a result many people assume that Disneyland is the only park that matters, because that's the only park Disney bothers talking about much of the time.

I know that interest, time, and financials are limited and finite for everyone, but I really do think that there's more value in the other parks than many people recognize, and that more people here would enjoy them than they might imagine. Disneyland has a lot of interesting history and fantastic things going for it, but it's far from the only park where that's the case.

Californian Elitist

That's true to a point, but it also presupposes that the history is the only thing that really matters about Disneyland.

The other parks have history too, it is just dramatically under-publicized compared to that of Disneyland, and really, even coverage of Disneyland's history drops off dramatically after Walt's passing. I think it's fascinating to see how the parks evolved over time, and what improvements were made, as well as the things they tried that didn't quite work. It's also frustrating that because Disney isn't at all interested in the history of the other parks that their stories will never properly be told, and as a result many people assume that Disneyland is the only park that matters, because that's the only park Disney bothers talking about much of the time.

I know that interest, time, and financials are limited and finite for everyone, but I really do think that there's more value in the other parks than many people recognize, and that more people here would enjoy them than they might imagine. Disneyland has a lot of interesting history and fantastic things going for it, but it's far from the only park where that's the case.
Oh, absolutely! Each park has its own history. I just don’t care about those histories, to be honest. I’m a Walt Disney fan before a Disney theme park fan, so my main attraction to Disneyland stems from its deep connection to Walt Disney. Of course that’s not the only great thing about the park, but that’s number one for me personally.

This is not to say that I would never visit the others around the world, because I would. However, I’m not incredibly eager to visit the rest. I’m not dying to visit them. But I am eager to visit the countries themselves, with the exception of China (I wouldn’t turn down a trip though). I would love to visit Japan and France, not to visit Disney parks, but for other reasons. I would never plan a trip to Japan, France, China, or even Florida to only go to theme parks, Disney or not. A theme park visit would be something I’d consider doing and it would not be a priority.

MattFrees71

Honestly fooled me with the Mr Toad poster. Did it have one before?
I thought that poster had been around much longer (or at least a version almost the same). I can't remember where I found this image (it might have been off the Vintage WDW Facebook group), but apparently WDW had one for Mr. Toad that was almost exact (unless this was a fan made poster someone made in the recent past).

99090648_10216217166438985_742433312416464896_n.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom