News Contemporary Refurbishment--April to Sept 2021

aladdin2007

are the garden wing rooms fairly nice? Just wondered compared to the main tower, if it feels more like a motel or something and not kept up as much. Always thought about staying in one of those but have yet to do it.

castlecake2.0

Just saw this posted in regards to the new rooms, hopefully it’s true
99EEF893-48BE-4E60-9414-E5CB023DF08D.png

castlecake2.0

are the garden wing rooms fairly nice? Just wondered compared to the main tower, if it feels more like a motel or something and not kept up as much. Always thought about staying in one of those but have yet to do it.
They’re the same as the tower rooms, I actually toured the resort the other day and was thinking these might be nicer to stay in as they’re quieter and have nice views of the beach and lake.

tikitikitiki

They’re the same as the tower rooms, I actually toured the resort the other day and was thinking these might be nicer to stay in as they’re quieter and have nice views of the beach and lake.
We were right on the water and it was quiet and peaceful. My husband and I laughed about the idea that people thought that our garden view wing was a downgrade. It's the same room as the main building with a extra walk (as all of the monorail resorts have other buildings) with, at least from our garden view room, a great view.

Attachments

• con1.jpg
    con1.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 158
  • con2.jpg
    con2.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 135

Animaniac93-98

All the times I've stayed at Contemporary have been in the South Garden Wing (now just Garden Wing). They are just as nice and you still feel like you're staying at the hotel. If you get a bay view room you can even watch the Electrical Water Pageant in your room.

I would suggest to stay on the top floor though. Last time I was on the 2nd and could hear kids running up and down the hallways overhead.

aladdin2007

All the times I've stayed at Contemporary have been in the South Garden Wing (now just Garden Wing). They are just as nice and you still feel like you're staying at the hotel. If you get a bay view room you can even watch the Electrical Water Pageant in your room.

I would suggest to stay on the top floor though. Last time I was on the 2nd and could hear kids running up and down the hallways overhead.
good to know thanks,,,can you park at those buildings?

Mr. Moderate

I'm glad to have come across this thread as I am finally staying there in a Tower theme park view room and it's something I've wanted to check off my list. I stayed in a garden view room back in 2004, which later was torn down to make way for BLT, and really didn't care for the theming back then, but the closeness to MK was worth it. I'm hoping that the remodel of the rooms geared towards The Incredibles isn't going to be childish as I'm thinking it could be and I'm not a fan of putting every IP into the resorts and rooms like the theme the Polynesian is going to. I often thought the CR should go back to the WDW style of the late 60's to early 70's and be a tribute to the early days of when WDW was being built and how the resort the resort captured people's imagination back then. I think if it was to be done classy and low key, the vibe would be kind of cool.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’d have to know for sure if this refurb will inject The Incredibles in all the tower rooms or just some. If it’s some, that’s at least moderately acceptable if the aesthetic fits the resort. If it’s all, it’s not “incredible” at all.

Walt d

Nope. No way will the Poly be finished that early.

This may well only take some rooms out at a time. In any case we know they’re starting with the TPV rooms and Lake view rooms 6 weeks later.

And right now, demand just isn’t there. If this was a normal year then you’d be right. There are still resorts not yet scheduled to re-open, including WL. Plenty of capacity if bookings start to take off.
Lets not touch mary Blair artwork please”

nicb88

I’d have to know for sure if this refurb will inject The Incredibles in all the tower rooms or just some. If it’s some, that’s at least moderately acceptable if the aesthetic fits the resort. If it’s all, it’s not “incredible” at all.
I know someone on here got a reply from Disney that it’s only some rooms, but to test the waters I asked them the same question and was told no information has been released about it yet. So who knows!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom