AP Refund Watch

TikibirdLand

UPDATE: Called in today since it has been 4 weeks since my last call when our refund was "expedited". Wasn't on hold nearly as long, only about a half hour this time while they looked into it. End result is my check will be coming, but they have no way of telling me when. Excellent service!
really? I thought there'd be a smiley at the end of that sentence...

mgf

Original Poster
After months of calls and hours on the phone, today my very persistent CM finally figured out Disney botched the mail merge on my address and sent it to my house number and street but to a different town and zip. They are re-issuing the check and have escalated it to the finance department.

My mailing address was verified multiple times on every call, and I get plenty of other Disney mail at my address. The old address that got mixed in was almost 11 years stale. Craziness.

Four weeks. No check.

mgf

Original Poster
Four weeks. No check.

6 weeks. Just got off the phone. I am still in the exception pile. Has not moved since Feb 2.

On the one hand, good to know it is not lost in the mail a second time. On the other hand.... it has been 15 weeks since the first failed check was issued.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I’m on monthly for my AP and things were going along as normal with the payments stopped last spring and then restarted when the parks opened and the AP has been renewed once since all this craziness started. Then today, out of nowhere I got a credit from WDW AP Monthly program of $103.10. I wasn’t expecting a refund at all, but when I called in, they told me that accounting is just catching up on prorating of value of pass at the time of re-opening and determined they owed me some more money. Doesn’t make sense to me since I do monthly payment, and they stopped my payments and extended the pass while they were closed, but I’m not sending the money back.

JaxFLBear

I’m on monthly for my AP and things were going along as normal with the payments stopped last spring and then restarted when the parks opened and the AP has been renewed once since all this craziness started. Then today, out of nowhere I got a credit from WDW AP Monthly program of $103.10. I wasn’t expecting a refund at all, but when I called in, they told me that accounting is just catching up on prorating of value of pass at the time of re-opening and determined they owed me some more money. Doesn’t make sense to me since I do monthly payment, and they stopped my payments and extended the pass while they were closed, but I’m not sending the money back.
We received a credit totaling $122.64 (two Gold Passes). Also on monthly payments and renewed our passes last year.

kgoose23

Figured I'd give them a couple months before I called again, since still no check. Currently on hold while they "check with the escalation team" since they can see it is still in processing. Not hopeful that this will produce any different result than my last 6 calls.

TikibirdLand

Been calling consistently over the last 11 months to check on the status for both my wife's and my AP refund for unused portion and all Disney will say is "It's still processing". 11 months. No other information provided no matter what I ask. None.
ridiculous. took about 9 mo to get refunds on group tickets we had for our son's band trip (trip cancelled while they were at the airport waiting to board the plane).

mgf

Original Poster
Called again today. Two hours of phone time. Still zero clarity on when the check will mail. The case has been in escalated status since February apparently (not seeming to do much good lol). I was once again assured it should mail "soon".

Everyone is being so, so nice on the phone, and I am returning the favor. It is just crazy to me that it has taken this long and/or that they don't want to just resolve my case so they don't have me on the phone for two hours every four weeks.

TikibirdLand

Called again today. Two hours of phone time. Still zero clarity on when the check will mail. The case has been in escalated status since February apparently (not seeming to do much good lol). I was once again assured it should mail "soon".

Everyone is being so, so nice on the phone, and I am returning the favor. It is just crazy to me that it has taken this long and/or that they don't want to just resolve my case so they don't have me on the phone for two hours every four weeks.
Are you local to WDW? You may have to involve small-claims court.

HarperRose

The utter lack of willingness to share anything, ANYTHING informationally beyond, "It's been escalated and it's still processing", especially from a powerhouse like Disney, leaves you wondering what could possibly be the issue?
They are holding the money to earn interest on it.

Escalate, escalate, escalate. I'd say take it to media. This is unacceptable from Disney.

I'd also call your credit card company to see if you can dispute the charge (even though I know it is far past the allowable date).

kgoose23

Well after many months and many, many phone calls our remaining refund check finally arrived over the weekend. Hopefully anyone else affected by this crazy delay sees theirs soon as well!

mgf

Original Poster
Well after many months and many, many phone calls our remaining refund check finally arrived over the weekend. Hopefully anyone else affected by this crazy delay sees theirs soon as well!

I am calling again on Wednesday. That will be three weeks since the last call.

Daily Magic

So as someone who had an annual pass and received a refund I noticed a weird glitch with my magic mobile pass. Even though I currently don’t have an annual pass it still tells me I have an “annual” membership. I don’t have any access to booking tickets but I wonder if I would still be eligible for some annual pass perks.

twilight mitsuk

So as someone who had an annual pass and received a refund I noticed a weird glitch with my magic mobile pass. Even though I currently don’t have an annual pass it still tells me I have an “annual” membership. I don’t have any access to booking tickets but I wonder if I would still be eligible for some annual pass perks.
Did you have a primier pass

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom