News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

nickys

Premium Member
I'm under the impression that a large quantity of Cast Members are in the process of being brought back in time for summer, to the point that, so long as people weren't laid off, any furloughed people (exceptions of some people in entertainment) should be back very soon. The gist seems to be that DCP kids will be needed around this time next year (either in time for Spring Break or Summer 2022).

Also of note, many Cast Members left with no intent of coming back as well. DLR is having more struggles with that compared to WDW, but nonetheless, it should expedite things for some people.
Glad to hear that furloughed CMs will be back. But I thought a lot of entertainment CMs were simply axed.

And I’m willing to bet that many of those CMs who left and are doing other things did so out of necessity. I thought all full time CMs have the right to be recalled until October?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I'm under the impression that a large quantity of Cast Members are in the process of being brought back in time for summer, to the point that, so long as people weren't laid off, any furloughed people (exceptions of some people in entertainment) should be back very soon. The gist seems to be that DCP kids will be needed around this time next year (either in time for Spring Break or Summer 2022).

Also of note, many Cast Members left with no intent of coming back as well. DLR is having more struggles with that compared to WDW, but nonetheless, it should expedite things for some people.
An insider elsewhere indicated that Disney has started calling CMs who were completely laid off in Florida in the last few days asking them if they want a job.

mm52200

Glad to hear that furloughed CMs will be back. But I thought a lot of entertainment CMs were simply axed.

And I’m willing to bet that many of those CMs who left and are doing other things did so out of necessity. I thought all full time CMs have the right to be recalled until October?
All Equity were laid off. Part time techs, character performers and attendants were laid off. Full time techs, character performers and attendants who didn’t meet certain seniority cut off dates were offered a displacement transfer or a layoff with recall rights.
Very few entertainment have been called back overall still.

nickys

Premium Member
Any tips on how to get park passes to MK on 4/26?
Firstly, don’t trust the calendar! Make sure you try to actually book, even if the calendar says the park is full.

It stands to reason they won’t wait until there are zero slots left to mark the park as full. Otherwise the person coming on to book a park for his family of 4 will see the park has availability, book his tickets and find he can’t book the park because there were only 2 left. So they’ll change it to unavailable when they get down to a handful left.

Next, keep checking back. People change plans.

Thirdly does everyone in your group have APs? Are you staying onsite? Are there AP slots left? If you answered yes to all 3 questions, Ticketing Services may be able to book for you but you need to call.

Kobe!!

Firstly, don’t trust the calendar! Make sure you try to actually book, even if the calendar says the park is full.

It stands to reason they won’t wait until there are zero slots left to mark the park as full. Otherwise the person coming on to book a park for his family of 4 will see the park has availability, book his tickets and find he can’t book the park because there were only 2 left. So they’ll change it to unavailable when they get down to a handful left.

Next, keep checking back. People change plans.

Thirdly does everyone in your group have APs? Are you staying onsite? Are there AP slots left? If you answered yes to all 3 questions, Ticketing Services may be able to book for you but you need to call.
No

no. But we could if need be.

not sure - but this doesn’t relate to our party

Kobe!!

Nothing at MK.

Attachments

• A9A6B26C-D536-4326-BB85-E940077BE38F.jpeg
    A9A6B26C-D536-4326-BB85-E940077BE38F.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 113

jmp85

Hey Everyone -- I have two annual passes "in the bank" that I paid for a couple of years ago but have not activated. I went to make park reservations for October 2021 and it says I don't have a valid admission. Is this is a mistake on their part, or would the passes need to be active? Seems kind of dumb if they need to be active, because of course, I would activate them on the first day I visit a park (i.e. the reservation date). I figured I'd ask you fine folks before contacting Disney.

nickys

Premium Member
Hey Everyone -- I have two annual passes "in the bank" that I paid for a couple of years ago but have not activated. I went to make park reservations for October 2021 and it says I don't have a valid admission. Is this is a mistake on their part, or would the passes need to be active? Seems kind of dumb if they need to be active, because of course, I would activate them on the first day I visit a park (i.e. the reservation date). I figured I'd ask you fine folks before contacting Disney.
Are they linked to your MDE account? And are you logged into the MDE account when trying to book the parks?

And then, are you checking the right “pool” for reservations? If staying offsite then use the AP pool, if staying onsite then use the Resort Guest pool.

pdude81

Are they linked to your MDE account? And are you logged into the MDE account when trying to book the parks?

And then, are you checking the right “pool” for reservations? If staying offsite then use the AP pool, if staying onsite then use the Resort Guest pool.

Yeah, they need to be attached to you in MDE. Go to "My Plans", and then click the link/tab for "Tickets and Memory Maker". There it'll show your tickets and whether they are attached to your F&F guests. You can reassign there if need be to people on your list, but be careful with that if you don't control bookings for everyone on the list.

jmp85

Hey -- I just figured out the issue. About two years ago, we had four unused passes (two were Gold and two were Weekday passes). Customer service helped us out and marked the two we didn't want to activate (Gold) as "Do Not Use." When I went into MDE to double check your question, I noticed that these two passes were assigned to different profiles (our names plus "Do Not Use"). Guess I'll make the reservations with the "Do Not Use" profiles. Thanks for helping me out!

pdude81

Hey -- I just figured out the issue. About two years ago, we had four unused passes (two were Gold and two were Weekday passes). Customer service helped us out and marked the two we didn't want to activate (Gold) as "Do Not Use." When I went into MDE to double check your question, I noticed that these two passes were assigned to different profiles (our names plus "Do Not Use"). Guess I'll make the reservations with the "Do Not Use" profiles. Thanks for helping me out!
You should just reassign those passes to your normal profiles so you can continue to you be yourself. Otherwise things could get weird with linking hotels and tickets down the line.

jmp85

You should just reassign those passes to your normal profiles so you can continue to you be yourself. Otherwise things could get weird with linking hotels and tickets down the line.
Thank you. I forgot about the option to reassign those myself. I was worried about potentially goofing things up. Much appreciated!

Armerius

Hey guys 1 question..park hopper only allow you to go to 1 other park the same day? or you can go to all other 3 parks during the same day? thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom