Trip Report If At First You Don't Succeed...*COMPLETED*

Well we're trying again.

Easter week at WDW.

Not my favorite week to visit but when your travel buddy is a teacher, you make the sacrifice. Except this year it doesn't feel like a sacrifice. The loss of our Easter 2020 vacation (thanks to COVID) was harder than I expected. I’m excited to have the chance for a do-over!

Of course the plans we had in 2020 aren't the same for 2021. We'll have no Fastpasses to skip the long lines. There will be no turkey sammie for lunch at Be Our Guest or All-American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. No fireworks to conclude our Disney days. And we'll be staying at a different resort.

But that's all okay....there's still fun to be had! And thanks to the credit we received from last year's cancellation, most of our trip is already paid.

I have to give David's Vacation Club Rentals props. Eighteen months ago I'd signed a "no refunds" contract for our 2020 points rental, figuring it was a low-risk gamble. When the pandemic happened and WDW closed, we considered our monies lost ~ disappointing for sure, but understanding that was the result of the risk we took. After all, David's is a business which would also lose money from this pandemic. Legally they did not have to do anything for us. Yet I received a travel voucher for the full amount we paid.

I hope to report live on the adventures of Tuvalu and Em beginning next Sunday. Time will tell if I succeed. ;)

3D585BEC-14E4-4156-9423-5BCD6271BEF2.jpeg

(Must have been a Callan photo shoot. :hilarious:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
I give up.

I have reached the end of my patience with our room’s lousy WiFi and cell signal.

Scream GIF by Originals

Therefore I will finish this report after I get home ~ where I won’t lose posts I have just written, photos will actually attach and writing will be fun instead of frustrating.

Thanks for understanding and for following along thus far!
OMG I hope you're both ok. Don't even dare to try and ketchup until everything is settled

amjt660

Premium Member
Kel and I are two peas in a pod. I have the same entreé.

(Of course Em and I had the same food for lunch. Does that make three peas in a pod?)

Sorry Tu but this one is going to involve math (and we all know your feelings toward math)

1618239417520.png

Tu and Em enjoyed the same lunch
Tu and Kel enjoyed the same dinner

But this does not mean they all enjoyed the same meal

Max

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry to hear about the fender bender! Hope you are both okay. What a bummer to end your vacation that way.
OMG I hope you're both ok. Don't even dare to try and ketchup until everything is settled
Hope you and Em are alright. Guess Disney didn’t want you to leave! ⛈
Oh no! So sorry about the fender bender! Hope you are both ok and that it's a smooth and QUICK process to get your car fixed and insurance filed.
So glad you're home. Driving through thunderstorms is rough. I hope you and Em are okay, after the fender-bender. Sending you positive vibes that the insurance and repairs happen as quickly as possible (which isn't often very quickly, in my case).
So sorry to hear about your fender bender. Hope everyone is ok!
I hope both you and Em are okay!
Fender benders are so incredibly stressful. And dealing with insurance companies is tedious. I hope everything goes smoothly for you getting the car fixed. I'm sorry this happened!
Sending positive energy and hugs!!! Glad you both got home. Driving is stressful without added stress of traffic and accidents.

Thank you everyone for your concern. 💜

We were stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Cars began to move and we moved up a couple car lengths. The senior lady in the C-class Mercedes behind us took her eyes off the road and didn't brake when we stopped again. Em said, "This lady is going to hit us" right before the she did. Thankfully no one was hurt, damage was very minimal and there was no need to file a report.

But it was one more hassle during an already stress-filled journey!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Thank you everyone for your concern. 💜

We were stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Cars began to move and we moved up a couple car lengths. The senior lady in the C-class Mercedes behind us took her eyes off the road and didn't brake when we stopped again. Em said, "This lady is going to hit us" right before the she did. Thankfully no one was hurt, damage was very minimal and there was no need to file a report.

But it was one more hassle during an already stress-filled journey!

I got rear ended a couple years ago. It was a bit more catastrophic than that. But I had that same moment of clarity a minute or so before it happened. When he hit me I had my blinker on trying to get in the other lane so I wouldn't be in front of him 😂😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom