Trip Report Caribbean Beach is completely overwhelmed

Not a full-on trip report so mods, feel free to move. Just wanted to jot down my thoughts.

What a nightmare so far.

- Waited in line for about two hours for Magical Express. They were churning buses left and right but they couldn't keep up with the Caribbean Beach line in particular.

- The front desk and bell services are completely buried. It's after 5:00 and still no sign of my room being ready. My sister's room was ready around 3 but God only knows where her groceries are. Good luck calling the front desk and actually reaching anybody. The phone just rings and rings.

- Cast have been very friendly but there's just far more work than they're able to handle. It LOOKS like they're properly staffed because even if they had more workers, there's no more room in the lobby to physically put anybody.

- Most people are bypassing bell services entirely and hauling luggage themselves. We did this for our bags (storing them in my sister's room) but obviously didn't have the option with our groceries.

Skibum1970

This resort is such a mixed bag right now. The rooms are beat to hell but the common areas look great.

I'm very interested in more information as this is a resort that I've been interested in due to the Skyliner. When we went in mid-February, the line for Magical Express was stretched beyond the rental car desks. Then, when we made it through that line (30 minutes), we waited another hour for a bus to show up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I hate to be the heavy...but Caribbean has ALWAYS been overrun.

it was a badly designed prototype that they tweaked with Dixie landings and then Coronado.

the services are inadequate, the hotel operation could never keep up, and the layout was a huge mistake.

now they added the ski lift and increased the prices encroaching on the $400 range.

it was built as a motor lodge in the 1980s.

the OPR area is definitely better now after necessary revamping...but it still is what it is.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This resort is such a mixed bag right now. The rooms are beat to hell but the common areas look great.

again...and it’s just my opinion...that’s always been the case. There’s some technical details...but they can’t control it very well.

for an encore: you can get my full review of “riveria” after I got a chance to eyeball it.

yikes

BrerWayne

again...and it’s just my opinion...that’s always been the case. There’s some technical details...but they can’t control it very well.

for an encore: you can get my full review of “riveria” after I got a chance to eyeball it.

yikes
I would like to read your review. Is it available on here?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would like to read your review. Is it available on here?

not as of yet.

I try to be fair and let things digest to look for positives and negatives when analyzing Disney’s choices and decisions.
I had only seen it from the skyliner prior to this past week.

now I’ve seen the grounds, the common areas, the sample room, the quick serve and topolino

I’ll “uncork” it at some point

BrerWayne

not as of yet.

I try to be fair and let things digest to look for positives and negatives when analyzing Disney’s choices and decisions.
I had only seen it from the skyliner prior to this past week.

now I’ve seen the grounds, the common areas, the sample room, the quick serve and topolino

I’ll “uncork” it at some point
Understandable. I look forward to reading it when it is done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom