Trip Report If At First You Don't Succeed...*COMPLETED*

Well we're trying again.

Easter week at WDW.

Not my favorite week to visit but when your travel buddy is a teacher, you make the sacrifice. Except this year it doesn't feel like a sacrifice. The loss of our Easter 2020 vacation (thanks to COVID) was harder than I expected. I’m excited to have the chance for a do-over!

Of course the plans we had in 2020 aren't the same for 2021. We'll have no Fastpasses to skip the long lines. There will be no turkey sammie for lunch at Be Our Guest or All-American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. No fireworks to conclude our Disney days. And we'll be staying at a different resort.

But that's all okay....there's still fun to be had! And thanks to the credit we received from last year's cancellation, most of our trip is already paid.

I have to give David's Vacation Club Rentals props. Eighteen months ago I'd signed a "no refunds" contract for our 2020 points rental, figuring it was a low-risk gamble. When the pandemic happened and WDW closed, we considered our monies lost ~ disappointing for sure, but understanding that was the result of the risk we took. After all, David's is a business which would also lose money from this pandemic. Legally they did not have to do anything for us. Yet I received a travel voucher for the full amount we paid.

I hope to report live on the adventures of Tuvalu and Em beginning next Sunday. Time will tell if I succeed. ;)

3D585BEC-14E4-4156-9423-5BCD6271BEF2.jpeg

(Must have been a Callan photo shoot. :hilarious:)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I give up.

I have reached the end of my patience with our room’s lousy WiFi and cell signal.

Scream GIF by Originals

Therefore I will finish this report after I get home ~ where I won’t lose posts I have just written, photos will actually attach and writing will be fun instead of frustrating.

Thanks for understanding and for following along thus far!

Songbird76

I give up.

I have reached the end of my patience with our room’s lousy WiFi and cell signal.

Scream GIF by Originals

Therefore I will finish this report after I get home ~ where I won’t lose posts I have just written, photos will actually attach and writing will be fun instead of frustrating.

Thanks for understanding and for following along thus far!
Well, it's a bummer that you can't do the live report, but you're TRs are worth the wait, so we'll just be patient.

Songbird76

Thanks so much for the live trip report! ❤ Have a safe drive home and I get your frustration with wifi. My phone will be dead, no matter how I try, most of the time we are there! I can't wait for your next surprise entrance!
Do you have powerbanks? I brought several after our 2016 trip, because my husband is notorious for forgetting to bring the adaptor cord into the parks, or he depletes the power and doesn't plug it in when we get back to the resort, so I get up in the morning and it's completely empty. I kept buying more, because he kept "borrowing" mine and not giving them back. So I ended up with 3 or 4 of the big ones. On our last trip, I let him have all but one, which I kept so I could make sure it was charged each night and ready for the next day. Guess what happened? Mine was the only one charged and ready with a cord, so everyone else borrowed it and then when -I- needed it, it didn't have any juice left. :rolleyes:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks so much for the live trip report! ❤ Have a safe drive home and I get your frustration with wifi. My phone will be dead, no matter how I try, most of the time we are there! I can't wait for your next surprise entrance!
Well, it's a bummer that you can't do the live report, but you're TRs are worth the wait, so we'll just be patient.
Thank you both for your kind words.

200.gif

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Also, our "lawn" is so dry it crunches when you walk on it, so hurray for the rain goddess!

Your Welcome GIF by memecandy

My son and 3 of his team mates rent a house in a nice area with manicured lawns and flowers. Except their house with the dead, dry, brown grass and shrubs. I seriously felt like I was back in California, not in Florida!
Also, nice to hear you chime in @LSV !!❤️
Yet another graduate of the Callan School of Photography. 🤦🏻‍♀️
wars doesnt GIF

mickey.mac

Great trip report, thank you for sharing! Your humor is great, from expensive smoothies to 300 dollars lamps, your posts are hilarious. Leaving home nowadays is a question of value for your money. But Disney World keeps drawing all its fans back despite the prices.
I had a good experience with the DVC rental brokers who have been flexible with their cancellation policies. I had to cancel my trip booked through a DVC broker and got a portion of my money back. Stay safe in Florida!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom