MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

Lilofan

Nats it is! Braves bats did a little better, but not enough when combined with our pitching. 0-4 start. Someone needs to be blowing up Shane Greene’s phone right now. He is still unsigned right?
Mets won in the bottom of the ninth score 2-2 when their hitter stuck his elbow out to get hit by the pitch with the bases loaded. Game over.

MattC

Mets won in the bottom of the ninth score 2-2 when their hitter stuck his elbow out to get hit by the pitch with the bases loaded. Game over.
Yeah, that’s some nonsense right there. That, and the strike zones I’ve been seeing, makes me think umps are still in spring training mode. Lol

Lilofan

I don’t ever remember watching the Mets win and being mad. Joke of a call. What was Conforto doing?..
Ump admitted after the game he blew the call. Marlins coach and Yankee great Mattingly tried to argue but umps didn't buy it. It is not the first time a hitter took one for the team and "leaned" into the batters box to get hit by the pitch.

PopCentury

Ump admitted after the game he blew the call. Marlins coach and Yankee great Mattingly tried to argue but umps didn't buy it. It is not the first time a hitter took one for the team and "leaned" into the batters box to get hit by the pitch.

Yea, you are right and the blame is more on the umpires.
It’s just a bad way to win especially since the Mets haven’t been playing well so far. I’m a big Michael Conforto fan but lately he’s been frustrating to watch and listen to.

artvandelay

During today’s Mets game the broadcasters quoted the rule “if a pitch is called a strike and the batter is hit by the ball, the ball is dead and the batter is out”. The home plate ump went to signal a strike and then said Conforto got hit.

The ump really blew it, but admitted he made a mistake.

artvandelay

Yea, you are right and the blame is more on the umpires.
It’s just a bad way to win especially since the Mets haven’t been playing well so far. I’m a big Michael Conforto fan but lately he’s been frustrating to watch and listen to.
Conforto was horrible today. 0-4 with three strikeouts.

MattC

Here is some good stuff though.

CynBeth

Now the O’s John Means has joined the no hitter party. So glad I got to watch this it is the first one pitcher no hitter by my team in my lifetime. When I was a teenager 4 pitchers combined for one.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Yeah I was at work yesterday while the game was on and missed it completely. He's probably the best pitcher on our team who will probably get traded once his contract is about to be up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom