News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

G00fyDad

If you have a problem with people not having a mask on, you should be in quarantine instead of asking others to
By that logic the argument could be made that if you have a problem with wearing a mask then you should be in quarantine.

Regardless, if you don't have a mask on because you feel that it infringes on some ethereal God given right to do as you please then stay 6' or more away from me. ;)

Alejandr0

Well it's a start but florida is hot & humid af so I'm not gona wait in lines for 30+ in hot & humid weather with a mask on lol. I had 3 selections planned out for a family vacation this summer & all got ruined & pushed till next year cuz of covid related reasons in 1 way or another with masks being a huge reason among them. Both land & world was 2nd & 3rd options but with this slight mask lift it does sound tempting to go this summer but my face doesn't need tan lines on it lol. Hopefully next year it will be optional or drop all together & if my 1st selection is still a no go then disneyworld will be my second option as to visiting cali being my 3rd.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
No change to the in park announcement or signage at EPCOT, still saying only exceptions are eating and drinking while stationary. Perhaps they are not going to promote going maskless for photos, or the new announcements and signs are not yet ready.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Well it's a start but florida is hot & humid af so I'm not gona wait in lines for 30+ in hot & humid weather with a mask on lol. I had 3 selections planned out for a family vacation this summer & all got ruined & pushed till next year cuz of covid related reasons in 1 way or another with masks being a huge reason among them. Both land & world was 2nd & 3rd options but with this slight mask lift it does sound tempting to go this summer but my face doesn't need tan lines on it lol. Hopefully next year it will be optional or drop all together & if my 1st selection is still a no go then disneyworld will be my second option as to visiting cali being my 3rd.
Hopefully masks are optional or drop all together by this summer if cases are keep down to zero.

legwand77

No change to the in park announcement or signage at EPCOT, still saying only exceptions are eating and drinking while stationary. Perhaps they are not going to promote going maskless for photos, or the new announcements and signs are not yet ready.
The old audio announcements mentioned masks needed to be worn while taking photos, this is the new announcement. They took out the "including when taking photographs"

Lilofan

If there is a change in policy like this bet on some communication to the guest in some form or fashion.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
If there is a change in policy like this bet on some communication to the guest in some form or fashion.
Seems like just a delay at EPCOT. New audio is in place at MK. And of course it is also on the website.

Tom P.

Seems like just a delay at EPCOT. New audio is in place at MK. And of course it is also on the website.
Just a logistical question, totally out of curiosity: do they record all the audio for the parks on-site there in Florida? Do they have a studio set up for that kind of thing? How quickly can they roll out revised versions?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just a logistical question, totally out of curiosity: do they record all the audio for the parks on-site there in Florida? Do they have a studio set up for that kind of thing? How quickly can they roll out revised versions?
It used to be done locally and I believe it still is in some cases. Some of the voice artists are local to Orlando. Others who are remote have their own studios to deliver these type of recordings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom