Pre-Trip Rejoice! The Triumphant Return is Near!!!!

When: July 7th-July 12

Where: Wilderness Lodge

Who: Me (Brer Wayne)
My wife (Jen)
The Kiddos (Bean age 10 and Lukie age 7)

Haven’t been to the World since 2017. Have lived vicariously through y’all since then.
Have never done a trip report before, so go easy on me!

So excited! And will take all advice!

Attachments

• 301AFC5C-A5BB-4810-9AEE-5553D9088D78.jpeg
    301AFC5C-A5BB-4810-9AEE-5553D9088D78.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 119

BrerWayne

Original Poster
So, @fractal and @Darstarr. I have never done a trip report before. I added the photo of me and the family as an attachment but it does not look as good as when you guys do your trip reports. How do you add the photos in your trip reports? And @Darstarr how do you do all of the giphys?
Oh! And I booked Hollywood Studios for our first park, so any tricks on how to get Rise of the Resistance boarding groups will be much appreciated!

fractal

So, @fractal and @Darstarr. I have never done a trip report before. I added the photo of me and the family as an attachment but it does not look as good as when you guys do your trip reports. How do you add the photos in your trip reports? And @Darstarr how do you do all of the giphys?
Oh! And I booked Hollywood Studios for our first park, so any tricks on how to get Rise of the Resistance boarding groups will be much appreciated!

In the menu bar above (reply box) there is a photo icon (rectangle with a dot/sun in top left corner and mountain bottom part) if you click that you can insert a link for a photo and/or a giphy.

That means you have to have your photos uploaded somewhere to generate a shareable link. I use Smugmug. I also have some photos on Flickr which if you use that it's a bit different. The flickr link you can copy and just past right in the reply.

BrerWayne

Original Poster
In the menu bar above (reply box) there is a photo icon (rectangle with a dot/sun in top left corner and mountain bottom part) if you click that you can insert a link for a photo and/or a giphy.

That means you have to have your photos uploaded somewhere to generate a shareable link. I use Smugmug. I also have some photos on Flickr which if you use that it's a bit different. The flickr link you can copy and just past right in the reply.
Thanks! And just to be clear, my photos will be no where near as good as yours or @sheriffwoody's. Do not have high expectations, and you will not leave disappointed.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Hi. To add photos (I report on my phone) I hit the attach files button which takes me to my photos.
72720764-58E6-422B-BE67-FA114467282D.jpeg

77FA7D38-D595-4048-98CB-4A3C6A94BB98.png

For gifs (again on my phone) hit the three dots which brings a drop down menu with gif. Click that and gif away!
5806C108-E63B-49EB-97BE-56C1D88FDE23.jpeg

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
As for RotR tips. Make sure you are logged into the LATEST version of MDE with a strong wifi or cellular connection.
Some sit on this screen (which is near the bottom of the home screen) and hit join at 7:00am.
17F73637-704E-4F30-AB61-E1D7E656A963.png

That will take you to this screen:

98B0173E-4862-4D82-9B99-E6AEF9FAE817.png

And there will be a blue join button there.
I go to the above screen before 7:00 then at 7:00 the blue join button appears and I hit that. It will self populate your party. I dont stop and check if it is correct, no time😂 And then there is one last button to push on the bottom of the screen.

easy peasy😂😂😂😉

BrerWayne

Original Poster
As for RotR tips. Make sure you are logged into the LATEST version of MDE with a strong wifi or cellular connection.
Some sit on this screen (which is near the bottom of the home screen) and hit join at 7:00am.
View attachment 546465

That will take you to this screen:

View attachment 546466
And there will be a blue join button there.
I go to the above screen before 7:00 then at 7:00 the blue join button appears and I hit that. It will self populate your party. I dont stop and check if it is correct, no time😂 And then there is one last button to push on the bottom of the screen.

easy peasy😂😂😂😉
Wow, that is amazing! Thank you so much! You are a wealth of knowledge, if I were not selling my plasma to pay for this trip (I kid!), I would invite you along as Chief Resource Officer.

Loco_driver

So to chime in on the photo issue. I think you’re trying to insert the phot at a certain spot? If so you’ll first need to upload the phot like you did. There is another step though. If using a phone you’ll need to tap on the picture where it says insert
8C3A8D45-F958-4F75-92E9-6640B820C511.jpeg

This will give you the option to insert a thumbnail or a full size image.
3D65D146-C42C-420F-8D75-0500D1A18161.jpeg

I always insert full image. Also I’m looking forward to your TR. if you’re from NOLA I don’t think the heat will be too much of an issue for you. It’s a little warmer in Orlando, but I think the humidity is what gets to most people.

BrerWayne

Original Poster
So to chime in on the photo issue. I think you’re trying to insert the phot at a certain spot? If so you’ll first need to upload the phot like you did. There is another step though. If using a phone you’ll need to tap on the picture where it says insertView attachment 546498
This will give you the option to insert a thumbnail or a full size image.
View attachment 546499
I always insert full image. Also I’m looking forward to your TR. if you’re from NOLA I don’t think the heat will be too much of an issue for you. It’s a little warmer in Orlando, but I think the humidity is what gets to most people.
My last trip was in August 2017. The only time that the heat got to me was when we waited 90 minutes for Navi River. Probably the first hour of the wait was in the sun. It was brutal. The ride was so short that when we got back to the dock I told the ride attendant that I wanted to go around again. Of course that was a no. This trip we are going to focus on what we have not seen-Star Wars, Toy Story and I asked the kids what do they really want to do. I plan on spending more time at the hotel swimming and relaxing.

Last edited:

Loco_driver

My last trip was in August 2017. The only time that the heat got to me was when we waited 90 minutes for Navi River. Probably the first hour of the wait was in the sun. It was brutal. The ride was so short that when we got back to the dock I told the ride attendant that I wanted to go around again. Of course that was a no. This trip we are going to focus on what we have not seen-Star Wars, Toy Story and I asked the kids what do they really want to do. I plan on spending more time at the hotel swimming and relaxing.
Taking it nice and easy seems to be a good plan these days!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom