News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi84

Premium Member
Not my leap, that is the leap that various lawsuits already in progress are claiming. Again, why I said it could happen and why Disney would likely be very hesitant to require proof of vaccine, at least until the cases are settled.

Proof of vaccines pose a lot of other issues as well, including privacy concerns, which is why we are seeing more states banning vaccine passports to some degree or another.
I understand that you’re saying it’s a valid legal theory supporting various current lawsuits. But people often misconstrue lawsuits and make a lot of baseless claims concerning them.

CntrlFlPete

Our of curiosity, where did you hear this? A lot of cruisers still have money tied up with the cruise lines because when the pandemic first hit, the cruise lines offered an extra percentage if they could keep customers' money for cruises being canceled rather than refunding it. A lot of people have rebooked or will rebook, but there's fewer deposits coming into the cruise lines. Not to mention that most cruise lines (Disney is an exception) makes more money off booze and gambling than the actual cost to sail.

Royal and NCL have both said the cruisers under 18 would need a negative covid test, I believe. No word from other major cruise lines that I have seen.

I thought I had heard a comment about positive reaction that went along with NCL's plan to the CDC -- reading what I can find, it seems (to me) that NCL just wants to get up and running and that having Vaccine/negative test for crew and customers is the best option they could come up with to get up and running -- but I really thought I heard that they think they will do well -- bit anything is better than nothing though!

legwand77

I thought I had heard a comment about positive reaction that went along with NCL's plan to the CDC -- reading what I can find, it seems (to me) that NCL just wants to get up and running and that having Vaccine/negative test for crew and customers is the best option they could come up with to get up and running -- but I really thought I heard that they think they will do well -- bit anything is better than nothing though!
They are just desperate to operate. If they thought telling passengers to do the hokey pokey at the top of the hour every day would convince the CDC to relax they would require that.

legwand77

I doubt they could be held liable but since no business (I'm not counting schools) has ever required any kind of proof of vaccination for entry before, it hasn't been tested in court. I could definitely see somebody who only gets a vaccine to enter a business and then has serious side effects that keep them out of work for a few days later suing the business for damages. It would be interesting to see how it plays out.
The better angle is discrimination claims ala ADA, more precedent and case law. Businesses should not be able to discriminate based on an experimental vaccine.

cjgren

It doesn’t appear Disneyland CMs will be using face masks, so I don’t understand why they’re still using them here

Disneyland CMs are currently wearing masks all around the resort at DTD and the Touch of Disney dining event. CMs I know have also reported they are being given masks and, if they are to be in close proximity to a guest, face shields for protection. So this information is incorrect.

MagicHappens1971

Disneyland CMs are currently wearing masks all around the resort at DTD and the Touch of Disney dining event. CMs I know have also reported they are being given masks and, if they are to be in close proximity to a guest, face shields for protection. So this information is incorrect.
I meant face shields, but I guess they will still be using them?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
AI was going to say something but it might lead to a political rabbit hole so I will just agree and wait patiently for Pfizer number two April 26.
alice in wonderland GIF

pixie225

I left kids out of it since they have almost zero risk. But, Disney’s position could be- if you’re worried about your kids’ health, by all means stay home.

In my neck of the woods the infection rate among elementary, middle school and high school aged kids is increasing daily. This is mostly due to weekend parties among high schoolers, interscholastic and after school sports travel/teams resuming, and older siblings carrying the virus to younger siblings and parents who are not vaccinated. If/when Disney removes the mask policy I hope the spread will not increase as people head back to wherever they came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom