Vintage Live-audio recordings of Attractions from Disneyland.

Stevek

On Mousebits, there's a collection called "The Magical Music of Disneyland 25 Disc Collection". It doesn't have everything, but it is the most comprehensive collection of tracks from the first 55 years of the park's history. Tons of great audio.
This is basically the starting point for DisneyChris.com He's the one that actually shared the torrent back on 2016 and he's expanded upon it greatly on his website.

Brer Oswald

This is basically the starting point for DisneyChris.com He's the one that actually shared the torrent back on 2016 and he's expanded upon it greatly on his website.
Yes I know. I used his website quite a bit before discovering the torrent, and I use it quite a bit even now.

RedzRobinz

Original Poster
On Mousebits, there's a collection called "The Magical Music of Disneyland 25 Disc Collection". It doesn't have everything, but it is the most comprehensive collection of tracks from the first 55 years of the park's history. Tons of great audio.
Oh I've seen you on youtube before. Yeah it's a pretty neat collection of stuff but it's mainly source audio in which I seek live-audio recordings of things from back then but it's fine. I feel like this thread is becoming a bit outdated mainly because I found a long of stuff on a podcast that shows vintage recordings made by MagicJoe which I consider a legend. Mainly ones I'm looking for now is It's a Small World recordings because It's my favorite ride and I want to know what it sounded like back then. Another recording I'm trying to find is one from Splash Mountain which I know you're pretty familiar with. It's a recording from a soft-opening in 1989 which I saw on Theme Park Audio Archives and that site contains a lot of rare Splash Mountain audio as well but unfortunetly the site is dead and can only be accessed on the Wayback machine. Most of the audio files require Flash player in order to work but never worked even when Flash player was still supported but I'm super interested to hear what the ride sounded like the first time it was open to guests.

Brer Oswald

Oh I've seen you on youtube before. Yeah it's a pretty neat collection of stuff but it's mainly source audio in which I seek live-audio recordings of things from back then but it's fine. I feel like this thread is becoming a bit outdated mainly because I found a long of stuff on a podcast that shows vintage recordings made by MagicJoe which I consider a legend. Mainly ones I'm looking for now is It's a Small World recordings because It's my favorite ride and I want to know what it sounded like back then. Another recording I'm trying to find is one from Splash Mountain which I know you're pretty familiar with. It's a recording from a soft-opening in 1989 which I saw on Theme Park Audio Archives and that site contains a lot of rare Splash Mountain audio as well but unfortunetly the site is dead and can only be accessed on the Wayback machine. Most of the audio files require Flash player in order to work but never worked even when Flash player was still supported but I'm super interested to hear what the ride sounded like the first time it was open to guests.
Yep. I was listening to your Alice queue loop video earlier (much appreciated for that upload).

Small World is my second favourite ride, so I’m definitely interested in those, as well as the Splash opening audio. I’ll definitely have to check out MagicJoe.

RedzRobinz

Original Poster
Yep. I was listening to your Alice queue loop video earlier (much appreciated for that upload).

Small World is my second favourite ride, so I’m definitely interested in those, as well as the Splash opening audio. I’ll definitely have to check out MagicJoe.
Yeah MagicJoe is "magical". He has audio from 1968 to the mid 80s. I'm suprised he doesn't have a website of some sort when he posts all this stuff because he has photos and film as well which you can see on his instagram. Regarding Small World I've only found one from 1982 and it sounds the same as it did in the late 80s till early 90s and the attraction underwent quite a few audio changes over the years. But yeah I don't think I can find the Splash media day audio anywhere else but if you at lest want to see it yourself here is the link to the archived Splash Mountain page but you can't listen to anything as it requires Flash Player. http://web.archive.org/web/20150214...sneyland_critter_country_splash_mountain.html

CaptinEO

The Walt Disney Treasures sets were spectacular. A few years back, I bought "Mickey Mouse in Living Color" and "Your Host Walt Disney", sealed for $50 each. I am reluctant to open them.

A few years back, I got "Disneyland USA" as a gift. Unfortunately, the DVD player I played it in warped the disc and it's unwatchable now. Thankfully, I got to see the whole thing through once.
Definitely hold onto those DVDs. It amazes me Disney never reprinted this set. Now they cant even be bothered to release 3D copies of their movies on home video. Even Warner Bros lets you order 3D Discs on demand from their webstore now.

That's so unfortunate about your Disneyland USA discs.

Disney cares so little about home video releases these days. The bonus features in many are just reuses of only SOME of the bonus features on the 90s laserdiscs and early 2000s Platinum DVDs.

Brer Oswald

Definitely hold onto those DVDs. It amazes me Disney never reprinted this set. Now they cant even be bothered to release 3D copies of their movies on home video. Even Warner Bros lets you order 3D Discs on demand from their webstore now.

That's so unfortunate about your Disneyland USA discs.

Disney cares so little about home video releases these days. The bonus features in many are just reuses of only SOME of the bonus features on the 90s laserdiscs and early 2000s Platinum DVDs.
My hope was that they would at least sell them digitally, if not uploading some of the content to Disney +.

None of that has been done. The complete disregard for company history is why I think even the dark Eisner ages were better than now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom