Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

PiratesMansion

I can’t see anywhere where it says how far out they will be booking reservations? Does anyone know that?

Also, my tickets are linked in the Disneyland App, but the reservations will be done on the website right? So does that mean I’d need to link them on the website too?

No mention of what happens if you have maxpass on your tickets but they aren’t offering that?

This is all just prep for if they suddenly decide out of staters can come and I can get in late June. No way would I go through the expense of coming there if I could possibly get carded at the gates! Plus I’m a rule follower. 🤓
They helpfully emailed me today to let me know that as a non-Californian resident I can't go yet!

I'm sure some kind of update that will allow people to make reservations on the app. It would be a huge oversight if they DIDN'T make that a possibility IMO. Then again, Disney tech is Disney tech...

Also weighing the pros and cons of just booking something and hoping that by mid/late summer the restriction is gone. And stuck with MaxPass. I'm vaguely considering splurging on WDW tickets until I know more about DL's timeline. I'm hoping that things will continue to fall like dominos, but I just don't know. I'm also hoping that we get an expiration date for the tickets at some point.

Weirdly enough my Disneyland app is currently telling me that the park is open today from 8 to Midnight and that everything's open with wait times, lol.

Just the standard medical masks

Hmm. To each their own I suppose. I would totally wear masks to Disneyland, I just want to know either MaxPass is up and running or I can get a refund. Oh, and that the state lets me go!

Curious Constance

They helpfully emailed me today to let me know that as a non-Californian resident I can't go yet!

I'm sure some kind of update that will allow people to make reservations on the app. It would be a huge oversight if they DIDN'T make that a possibility IMO. Then again, Disney tech is Disney tech...

Also weighing the pros and cons of just booking something and hoping that by mid/late summer the restriction is gone. And stuck with MaxPass. I'm vaguely considering splurging on WDW tickets until I know more about DL's timeline. I'm hoping that things will continue to fall like dominos, but I just don't know. I'm also hoping that we get an expiration date for the tickets at some point.

Weirdly enough my Disneyland app is currently telling me that the park is open today from 8 to Midnight and that everything's open with wait times, lol.

Hmm. To each their own I suppose. I would totally wear masks to Disneyland, I just want to know either MaxPass is up and running or I can get a refund. Oh, and that the state lets me go!
Looks like reservations will be 60 days out, but no word on if non CA residents can make reservations at any point.

Curious Constance

Also, I just saw that I got the same email! lol

mickEblu

Yeah I mean I I’ll wear one too... especially if they re going to be required until the end of the year. Doesn’t mean I’m happy about it.

Skip

Here's what I don't quite follow: If they're selling multi-day tickets, will they be subject to the same "expire a week after the first use" caveat that applied in the before times? How could you possibly buy a five day ticket, for example, if you cannot guarantee 5 consecutive (or near-consecutive) park reservations in a 8-9 day period? One would hope you could buy a 5-day ticket that can be liberally used over the course of, say, a year, but there doesn't seem to be any information on this front just yet.

PiratesMansion

Yeah I mean I I’ll wear one too... especially if they re going to be required until the end of the year. Doesn’t mean I’m happy about it.
Obviously things can change, but so far it seems like so many of the restrictions are falling like dominoes, and judging by the speed at which things are happening now, we may well see the end of masks sooner rather than later. At least, that's my hope.

Even WDW is making a slight concession on mask usage-allowing people to take pictures without masks on-and Disney making any sort of concession on mask-wearing was unheard of until now.

At this point I'm fully vaxxed, and the number of people I know that have at least started the process has skyrocketed in the past few weeks. Hopefully that will mean a rapid return to normalcy soon enough.

Curious Constance

At this point, I’m assuming even though the reservations will be 60 days out, which means they will be booking reservations through June 30th, they will be requiring everyone booking to be CA residents. Is that impression you’re getting?

Giss Neric

From the OCR.

>>Disneyland’s theoretical maximum capacity is approximately 85,000, according to Touring Plans, which uses big data and statistical analysis to calculate daily theme park crowd sizes. Disneyland officials rarely discuss visitor attendance or capacity.<<

Using the 25% capacity mentioned by a senior CM in today's Chamber event.

That is 21,125 guests, so more than a few.
Oh shoot I thought it was 15%.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I don't remember ever complaining that CM's aren't invested in their jobs. I just need them to be well groomed, polite, and efficient. I'd love it if Disneyland's CM's were as good as In-N-Out employees (too many at Disneyland aren't, especially for the prices charged), but I don't care if they are "invested" in their jobs. That's up to them.

The crying on Social Media thing seems a bit much to me. A tad self-serving. :oops:

Especially after many thousands of CM's lost their jobs in the last six months because their department's were eliminated or the business case for their employment collapsed due to Covid.

Frozen was a theme park stage show. By design, those things are fleeting and temporary, usually lasting 3 or 4 years. Sometimes less, sometimes more. But always far shorter than the lifespan for an attraction or restaurant. Frozen opened at DCA 5 years ago now. It had a good run.

I've been online talking about Disneyland for decades. I can't think of a single time that any CM's cried online when fill-in-the-blank restaurant or ride or shop closed. From Rocket Rods to Burger Invasion to Avalon Cove to Plaza Pavilion to Luigi's Flying Tires to Heraldry Shoppe to Tower of Terror to MuppetVision, we never saw crying CM's for those closures. Those CM's may have been sad about it, they might miss working with their friends at a fun location or wearing a favorite uniform.

But public posts about "bittersweet ends" with tearful photos? That just seems overly dramatic for a temporary stage show.
You hit a nerve on this one @TP2000 :(

I know several members of that cast. And just like the Aladdin cast was devastated when that show closed (as was I as a huge fan of that show - and there were a LOT of tears shed that last closing night), this cast was blindsided and broken by this news. Genuinely. It's not drama. It's not contrived. And it's sure as hell nothing to mock.

The closing of a show is a BIG DEAL when you're prepared for it and have a chance to say goodbye. It's even worse when you don't.

I didn't know her personally, but I was a big fan for years and had tremendous respect for her as a performer and was always happy to see and hear her on stage. She lost Frozen and Map simultaneously and I'm sure it was emotional and heartbreaking.

I usually am highly amused by your cynical takes on things. But this one is just plain NO.

Park entertainment cast are my namesake raison d'etre. You just attacked and mocked someone I directly care about.

I'm glad it looks like you or a mod pulled the original post. Because it was way out of line.

Making fun of generalities - understood. Belittling specific CM's? NO. HELL NO.

Disney Analyst

You hit a nerve on this one @TP2000 :(

I know several members of that cast. And just like the Aladdin cast was devastated when that show closed (as was I as a huge fan of that show - and there were a LOT of tears shed that last closing night), this cast was blindsided and broken by this news. Genuinely. It's not drama. It's not contrived. And it's sure as hell nothing to mock.

The closing of a show is a BIG DEAL when you're prepared for it and have a chance to say goodbye. It's even worse when you don't.

I didn't know her personally, but I was a big fan for years and had tremendous respect for her as a performer and was always happy to see and hear her on stage. She lost Frozen and Map simultaneously and I'm sure it was emotional and heartbreaking.

I usually am highly amused by your cynical takes on things. But this one is just plain NO.

Park entertainment cast are my namesake raison d'etre. You just attacked and mocked someone I directly care about.

I'm glad it looks like you or a mod pulled the original post. Because it was way out of line.

Making fun of generalities - understood. Belittling specific CM's? NO. HELL NO.

Well said. Generalities, go for it. Calling out specific CM’s who are employed by Disneyland for being passionate? No ma’am.

The post was certainly reported, so I am thinking the mods removed it.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Just out of curiosity is there some sort of limit of how many hours a day a ride operator can legally work?
It depends on the state. Strangely enough it is stricter in FL than CA. But the statues in both are written in regards to traveling carnivals. In both states the max time a ride operator is 16 hrs. After that a FL operator must have at least 8 hours of down time before returning to the job. There is no time mentioned in the CA Statue so 1 min and they can go back to work? I didn't dig too hard and CA has a HUGE amount of regulations regarding time "on" and "off".

ToTBellHop

Any locals considering just not going until after June 15? I don’t know that I’d want to go and deal with queue oddities knowing that they’ll be gone after 6 weeks. For example, I’d rather see the Indy queue as intended.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom