Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

BasiltheBatLord

So what is it with TDR not allowing video/photos inside indoor theatres. It's always seemed like such a weirdly arbitrary and archaic rule.
Weirdly arbitrary and archaic rules are the name of the game when it comes to Japan. For all of Japan's image as an innovative and tech-focused country, a lot of the stereotype doesn't fit when you begin to really experience Japan and its society and culture.

BrianLo

Mind boggling that it took so long for a castle park to actually get something like this. This really should be a staple experience at every one. They kind of fudged by with Philharmagic.

I realize there are a few exceptions (outdoor ampitheatres) or Storybook Theatre in HK and the Shanghai shows. But those still all feel like a wearhouse with a stage and floor seating.

jrhwdw

It's a night and day difference between this and the old Showbase stage in Tomorrowland.
In terms of theming...no doubt!!!

I love this new Theater..........to a point.

The Theater itself is absolutely Gorgeous!!!!! I mean, come on! No one on these Boards would object to This Theater and a TDR Level Show in MK!! Either on Main Street, like what was planned or in Fantastyland(IDK where?)

My only complaint is did TDL HAVE to do this as a Inside Theater?!?!?! Couldn't they put this theming into an outside Theater??? With TDR's filming rules, we'll never know if this is another Top Quality TDR/OLC Show!(I'm not worried that it isn't, but still)

Last edited:

SweetDuffy101

In terms of theming...no doubt!!!

I love this new Theater..........to a point.

The Theater itself is absolutely Gorgeous!!!!! I mean, come on! No one on these Boards would object to This Theater and a TDR Level Show in MK!! Either on Main Street, like what was planned or in Fantastyland(IDK where?)

My only complaint is did TDL HAVE to do this as a Inside Theater?!?!?! Couldn't they put this theming into an outside Theater??? With TDR's filming rules, we'll never know if this is another Top Quality TDR/OLC Show!(I'm not worried that it isn't, but still)
Have You seen Song Of Mirage its a masterpiece. well not as great as Mystic Rhythms.

The only show that OLC actually failed was Out of Shadowlands(it only lasted 18 months as a regular offering).

wdrive

If OLC chose to build an outdoor theater over an indoor one on the bases of guests being able to film, I’d be very mad.

BasiltheBatLord

Impressively unimaginative name for the Toy Story hotel: "Tokyo Disney Resort Toy Story Hotel"

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 4.28.44 PM.png

ThemeParkTraveller

This will go down as the laziest thing they've ever done for TDR.

0 effort, even for the concept art.

I can't believe OLC thought this was good enough.

I'm really struggling to see where the money went for this project. The deluxe Tokyo Disneyland Hotel only cost slightly more to build than this new hotel (35 billion yen vs 31.5 billion yen).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom