2020-Gaming discussion

PopCentury

From UBi's Massive Studio who are responsible for The Division. Thoughts anyone? I have no experience with them.

I played both divisions. When they first one was announced I was really excited. I paid full price, finished it and it was disappointing. The game was not worth $60.

I ended up getting division 2 when it was on sale for like $5-10 bucks. It was enjoyable but again I don’t think these games are worth it day one.

Would have been more excited if the Star Wars game was being made by one of the developers that make assassins creed.

The_Jobu

Interestingly enough, there was a good conversation about physical media in the thread about Disney age blocking some classics. A lot was said about the many benefits of physical media, by me and others, but I started to realize games are putting me in an odd situation.

I love physical media, being able to load up the Genesis when I feel like it is great. But with next gen consoles, there's so many advantages to switching to pc for my games. Being able to mod games is such a great bonus, and Sony's recent love of censorship has put me off. But then I'd have no physical copies. I might not be able to play my favourite games one day.

How have you all found happiness? Or do you just keep consoles and pc games together?

Underdog

Did anyone actually think Stadia would be successful? I'm not sure even Google thought it would catch on.
Stadia as a service, from the parent of YT? Maybe at least some market share since the technology works. Not a huge market leader, but an option. I think they want(ed?) to leverage it as tool to divert streamers and their traffic from twitch with the features they've built into the platform. The ability for a streamer to have someone watching the stream join the game in realtime, or other similar features sounded interesting when proposed but the slow rollout of them has not been appealing. I doubt they are ready to give up here yet.

I used it and I always have a pretty good experience with it. But some just dump on it because it's from Google but have no experience with the platform.

Stadia as a big game studio / developer? Nah. What has Jade Raymond done since 2013-14 that anyone wants to play? Why would anyone think she could develop Stadia into a significant studio? None of the executives or other names that were leading the studio gave me any type of confidence in them. Frankly, this doesn't surprise me.

Last edited:

tanc

Kingdom Hearts coming to PC is super super awesome. I am so happy it is. One of my favorite series ever and now will be super accessible. Specs to play the original game aren't crazy high too.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Went to my local Best Buy to get a new food processor, took a peek at their pc parts and lo and behold in their empty as empty can be pc glass display case the had 2 RTX 3080’s. I tried to buy them both but they only let me have one which is good but now I finally get the chance to see if they live up to the hype.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Went to my local Best Buy to get a new food processor, took a peek at their pc parts and lo and behold in their empty as empty can be pc glass display case the had 2 RTX 3080’s. I tried to buy them both but they only let me have one which is good but now I finally get the chance to see if they live up to the hype.
What were they selling them for?

Disney Maddux

Saddens me to say Balan Wonderworld becoming the new punching bag for the gaming community, when I've actually played it through fully and while it is by no means a perfect game, it is not a bad game and has a very important theme and message about mental health. Plus that ending... I'm still recovering. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom