Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

el_super

Personally, hearing everything is going “back to normal” on June 15th except for the mask mandate is like saying we re ordering pizza without cheese and sauce.

And that they will only be thin crust from here on out...

Which is to say the reservation system isn't likely to go away anytime soon.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So based on the notes provided by @lumberguy5 it does appear Disney may be requiring more than an attestation of California residency. Checking IDs at the gate, as I suspected they would.

mickEblu

I can live without the listed attractions not opening with the park. I can live without the nighttime spectaculars and parades - actually I prefer it. But the park closing at 7pm? No. I’ll have to wait until they extend those hours.

lumberguy5

So based on the notes provided by @lumberguy5 it does appear Disney may be requiring more than an attestation of California residency. Checking IDs at the gate, as I suspected they would.

The Disney person said it was undecided if they were going to do the ID checks.

mickEblu

I'd say it's closer to "we have cheese and sauce, but the *exact* cheese and sauce you want is currently unavailable and we're not sure when our supply chain will allow us to serve it again. Perhaps you'd like to try the slightly different ______ cheese and sauce instead until your cheese and sauce is back in stock. Also, you MUST order a pizza with pepperoni, and you cannot remove the pepperoni except in three very specific circumstances. No exceptions."

I like that. They have dominoes right now but I’m craving an authentic Neapolitan style pizza.

I like when oxygen hits me in the face and I don’t have to smell synthetic mask fumes.

ToTBellHop

Gotcha, still I suspect they will at least initially.
You may be correct, but, in general, when you say, “X may be checked,” that is just a CYA and you have no intention of checking anything. She also wouldn’t commit yet on June 15 (and she shouldn’t, it’s months out and they certainly will want to wait for the official “the tiers are done” announcement to make it official), but it is clear that is what will happen. Gavin has a recall coming up. The state needs to fully reopen this summer or he risks losing. Tourism is huge in the summer (obviously). The timing is not random.

I‘m sure their hope is that, with the threat, out-of-staters will just stay away for 6 weeks.

Last edited:

DavidDL

Heck, churro stand or attractions operator even, if they genuinely enjoy or love what they do. If you're doing something you love and you do it long enough to develop relationships within a company or take pride in what you do, having that taken away is something you're allowed to feel natural human emotions over without others telling you you're wrong for feeling a certain way.

It's especially crazy for me to think folks here would do that. The entire reason we're even having these discussions here is because we care more about the parks and our time in them than the average tourist. If Mansion and Pirates shut down tomorrow, many of us would feel like a part of who we are was just ripped away. How is posting a complaint or bittersweet memory here any different? But Arceus forbid someone whose made friends and gives their everything to a job they love feel a little tear-y eyed when that ends and make an uplifting, positive post about it. -and if we're told we're not supposed to love a theme park a certain way, then the folks saying that should lose claim to complain about whenever something doesn't go their way with it. Who cares right? It's just a silly theme park, stop being so dramatic.

I'm not saying every churro cart CM or stage hand feels or has that same experience but sheesh. "Oh, please, just care/be happy enough to put me on a ride or feed me a burger but please don't be happy/care enough about your job to grow or care if you lose it. Please, oh please, care enough about your job that I don't have to hear your weekend plans as I walk by you but also, don't you dare care enough to develop feelings for it or make an Instagram post."

The nerve.

/rant

Last edited:

Giss Neric

I can live without the listed attractions not opening with the park. I can live without the nighttime spectaculars and parades - actually I prefer it. But the park closing at 7pm? No. I’ll have to wait until they extend those hours.
With very few people allowed inside per day, I'm sure you would be able to accomplish everything within a couple of hours. I mean you won't be wasting your time waiting for the parades, nighttime spectuculars, or meet and greets so the only thing you could do it ride attractions, eat and shop

PiratesMansion

I like that. They have dominoes right now but I’m craving an authentic Neapolitan style pizza.

I like when oxygen hits me in the face and I don’t have to smell synthetic mask fumes.
Exactly for the first part.

But synthetic mask fumes?

I get that people don't like wearing masks, but if you're genuinely getting mask fumes, either you are far more sensitive than me and my asthma, and/or I would seek better quality masks.

Curious Constance

I can’t see anywhere where it says how far out they will be booking reservations? Does anyone know that?

Also, my tickets are linked in the Disneyland App, but the reservations will be done on the website right? So does that mean I’d need to link them on the website too?

No mention of what happens if you have maxpass on your tickets but they aren’t offering that?

This is all just prep for if they suddenly decide out of staters can come and I can get in late June. No way would I go through the expense of coming there if I could possibly get carded at the gates! Plus I’m a rule follower. 🤓

Darkbeer1

With very few people allowed inside per day, I'm sure you would be able to accomplish everything within a couple of hours. I mean you won't be wasting your time waiting for the parades, nighttime spectuculars, or meet and greets so the only thing you could do it ride attractions, eat and shop

From the OCR.

>>Disneyland’s theoretical maximum capacity is approximately 85,000, according to Touring Plans, which uses big data and statistical analysis to calculate daily theme park crowd sizes. Disneyland officials rarely discuss visitor attendance or capacity.<<

Using the 25% capacity mentioned by a senior CM in today's Chamber event.

That is 21,125 guests, so more than a few.

mickEblu

Exactly for the first part.

But synthetic mask fumes?

I get that people don't like wearing masks, but if you're genuinely getting mask fumes, either you are far more sensitive than me and my asthma, and/or I would seek better quality masks.

Just the standard medical masks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom