New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

champdisney

I’m not sure what gave you that impression but your hopes are a bit too high.

My understanding was this was going to be a generic box with cutouts scattered about that offers food. Is there any credibility in animatronics or other noteworthy shenanigans?
I read it on this forum about a year ago. It wasn’t confirmed, just talked about. It’s true. My level of expectations are high. One can dream.

pdude81

I read it on this forum about a year ago. It wasn’t confirmed, just talked about. It’s true. My level of expectations are high. One can dream.
Coincidentally I wasn't sure if your initial note about Rainforest Cafe was a joke, as the concept art (which often is more than we actually get) showed what looked like cardboard cutouts... though I'm guessing they'd spend a few more bucks on painted wood.

I'm still glad to get something there and it could be fun, but not nearly that level of detail.

champdisney

Coincidentally I wasn't sure if your initial note about Rainforest Cafe was a joke, as the concept art (which often is more than we actually get) showed what looked like cardboard cutouts... though I'm guessing they'd spend a few more bucks on painted wood.

I'm still glad to get something there and it could be fun, but not nearly that level of detail.
Attached to that concept art, it was said animatronics would’ve been involved. It could’ve just been a post from someone starting that rumor. I don’t know. If I misunderstood, that’s on me.

It would be nice, though. Being that it’s Toy Story.

SplashJacket

1617732762551.png

A cardboard box restaurant is a great example of "technically fits the story but is a lousy theme park idea." Imagine all of the incredible, oversized toys guests could have stepped into for a can't-miss dining experience.

A Lite-Brite restaurant, with a gorgeous indoor lighting package. A Pizza Planet play set. Or a BBQ restaurant built from Lincoln Logs!

But instead of eating BBQ in a nostalgic, immersive Lincoln Log cabin, guests will be served their meal in a cardboard box. It's a disappointingly cheap, lazy choice, and a total wasted opportunity.

lazyboy97o

A cardboard box restaurant is a great example of "technically fits the story but is a lousy theme park idea." Imagine all of the incredible, oversized toys guests could have stepped into for a can't-miss dining experience.

A Lite-Brite restaurant, with a gorgeous indoor lighting package. A Pizza Planet play set. Or a BBQ restaurant built from Lincoln Logs!

But instead of eating BBQ in a nostalgic, immersive Lincoln Log cabin, guests will be served their meal in a cardboard box. It's a disappointingly cheap, lazy choice, and a total wasted opportunity.
And in Japan they’re doing an entire hotel...

aliceismad

And in Japan they’re doing an entire hotel...
The only solace I have is that it doesn't look great so far.
1617746079532.png

Given that Tokyo and Shanghai will both have Toy Story hotels, are we expecting the same Toy Story rooms to come to a WDW resort at some point? I thought I read something about that way back sometime years ago.

sullyinMT

View attachment 545876

Given that Tokyo and Shanghai will both have Toy Story hotels, are we expecting the same Toy Story rooms to come to a WDW resort at some point? I thought I read something about that way back sometime years ago.
AoA just got a refresh, and I absolutely love the three films represented there, but making a TS “wing” of family suites would be pretty cool.

Captain Barbossa

Toy Story rooms to come to a WDW resort at some point?

AoA just got a refresh, and I absolutely love the three films represented there, but making a TS “wing” of family suites would be pretty cool.

Not the same thing as what’s being built over in Asia, but there is the Toy Story section at All-Star Movies. Now, the inside of the rooms aren’t themed to Toy Story, but it’s something.

sullyinMT

Not the same thing as what’s being built over in Asia, but there is the Toy Story section at All-Star Movies. Now, the inside of the rooms aren’t themed to Toy Story, but it’s something.
Duh! Thanks for the reminder. So why not, then, do those rooms like they did the Little Mermaid at AoA? Pretty heavily themed, with standard linens (I prefer themed runners, but that ship sailed). I mean, tub surrounds themed to Rex’s bath time short, a Bo Peep nightstand lamp, some artwork on the walls, and a toy box themed dresser wouldn’t be too much of a stretch from what exists in the other themed rooms.

sullyinMT

They reno'd those rooms fairly recently too, didn't they?
Or are in process with the rest of the All Stars. Ringers for the Pop rooms, really. I like the bigger beds and the Murphy option to free up daytime floor space, but they’re very stark and unimaginative.

If you mean LM at AoA, they at least kept artwork and furniture with a theme. Along with shower curtains. They’re not my favorite rooms (I prefer POFQ as a whole), but at least they’re themed and you get a “Disney feel,” as opposed to being little more than a Hampton Inn at twice the price.

lazyboy97o

View attachment 545876

I was saying it’s just as ugly.

I’m sure some would say that Toy Story would help make Animal Kingdom Lodge “more Disney.”

aliceismad

I was saying it’s just as ugly.

I’m sure some would say that Toy Story would help make Animal Kingdom Lodge “more Disney.”
I'm one of those crazies that doesn't mind well-placed IP*, but I will cry if they AKL.

Personally I would take almost any WDW resort over the Toy Story hotels in Tokyo or Shanghai. I'd never bothered to look them up cause, well, chances of my going there in the next 5 years are slim to none.

*Caveating that I agree some IP is misplaced or contrived and a mandate to include it is dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom