Marvel Studios Developing Asian Superhero Film ‘Shang-Chi’

Jedijax719

The Cruela comparison, well, um, I can see the point. However, that is a whole other debacle. In my opinion, the only reason they are even releasing that in theaters is because Emma Stone is the lead. There's probably a contract issue with making it purely a D+ release for free. That movie is going to be lucky to make $10 million in its opening weekend and very lucky to pass $50 million domestic (probably won't come close) or maybe even world wide. So comparing that to an MCU movie in terms of promotion is like comparing apples to cows.(not even oranges).

Jedijax719

LOL-not a good look at all when the first glimpse of a movie coming out in 5 months comes from leaked Funko Pops.

I'm not sure about recent years, but do leaked Funko-Pops usually indicate that a trailer is imminent?

NateD1226

Original Poster
I'm not sure about recent years, but do leaked Funko-Pops usually indicate that a trailer is imminent?
No, not exactly. These types of things usually leak a couple of months before a movie's release because that's when merchandise starts to hit the stores to promote the movie. However since Shang-Chi was supposed to come out so long ago, the merchandise for it is starting to make its way earlier than usual. For example, Black Widow Funko Pops have been out for a year now and lots of people have them only because the movie was supposed to come out last year. Just last week some Shang-Chi action figures leaked and a few Shang-Chi Lego sets leaked a few months back. I'm sure a trailer will come soon though.

Jedijax719

LOL-I was kidding. A trailer should be imminent at this point anyway.

I'd say that a trailer this month is almost certain. If we get to May, it's 4 months. That's Solo and Dark Tower territory.

Sure, Cruella only had a trailer recently, but...........it also hasn't come out yet to see how well that works for it.

Darkprime

LOL-I was kidding. A trailer should be imminent at this point anyway.

I'd say that a trailer this month is almost certain. If we get to May, it's 4 months. That's Solo and Dark Tower territory.

Sure, Cruella only had a trailer recently, but...........it also hasn't come out yet to see how well that works for it.

Seeing a lot of chatter on twitter that the Shang-Chi trailer might be debuting in front of Mortal Kombat next week.

NateD1226

Original Poster
Seeing a lot of chatter on twitter that the Shang-Chi trailer might be debuting in front of Mortal Kombat next week.
Wouldn't surprise me lol. Disney/Marvel is always trying to outshine any WB/DC property. (i.e. Eternals & New Gods, Civil War & Batman V. Superman, etc.)

Last edited:

NateD1226

Original Poster
Looks like the trailer isn't coming for another few weeks, but Simu Liu just posted the first poster!

1618837452587.png

DCLcruiser

So...it's just a martial arts movie + crouching tiger, hidden dragon flying? Where is the connection to the Avengers besides the fact that the Ten Rings attacked Tony in Iron Man?

At least they had nice cars, although they crushed the i8 and 944, so that's not very nice. I hope there is a lot more to this movie than we have seen.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So...it's just a martial arts movie + crouching tiger, hidden dragon flying? Where is the connection to the Avengers besides the fact that the Ten Rings attacked Tony in Iron Man?

At least they had nice cars, although they crushed the i8 and 944, so that's not very nice. I hope there is a lot more to this movie than we have seen.
His story will eventually be woven into other MCU properties.

Just think of the first Ant-Man or Doctor Strange movie which seemed to be unconnected one-offs to the MCU, but then got folded in.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's the Teaser on the official Marvel YouTube channel.

All the comic/marvel/pop culture channels have it on their channels. They're furiously starting to make and post their 'reaction' videos. Still waiting for the 'break down' videos. :D

In the meantime, a nice interview with the star...

G00fyDad

It will eventually get attached to the MCU. I think the first (other than the Ten Rings in the Ironman series) will be in the Hawkeye tv show on Disney+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom