Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

DavidDL

Mansion will be open so it'll be interesting to see what "new magic" they've added. Snow White, too.

Between these, the new finale at Jurassic World and the new SLoP ride, re-opening time will be a lot of fun for the SoCal Theme Parks!

el_super

Do you understand that more square footage opens means more people, the argument is irrelevant. If they can open a restaurant that normal seats 100 people, and have to operate at 25% capacity, that means 25 more people can enter the park than before.

Yeah that's not really how it works. Park "capacity" is a very fluid number that has a lot of variables. That's why there isn't just one set number someone can tell you. Available space is important, but actual space utilization is too. Think about how park capacity dropped after Fastpass was introduced, even though all the queue space was still technically "available."

EDIT TO ADD: It's also an assumption to think that Disney WANTS to add more people to the park. Even without state/government restrictions, they may still keep capacity limited for months (ala WDW), and if they stick to the new sans-AP business strategy, some of these restaurants may never reopen.

BayouShack

Jungle Cruise isn’t reopening, but neither are Storybookland Canals and the canoes, all rides requiring CMs onboard each vehicle, very close to guests. I don’t think the Jungle Cruise absence has anything to do with its remodel.

Matterhorn is the only wild card, so it could actually be getting work done.

DrAlice

The prices they reported is from the last increase they did last February. Mouseplanet also says that the prices stay the same. Screenshot below is from Mousplanets website

View attachment 545788
Correct. My point was that Disney hasn't posted the ticket pricing publicly. They've privately relayed to MC and MP that prices are the same as last year and that's great, but it still doesn't fully answer @Curious Constance's question of "Are they going to sell ParkHoppers Multi-Day tickets or just single day tickets?". It's a nitpick to be sure, but for those of us out-of-towners, it is an important nitpick. :)

EDIT: My fingers got ahead of my brain. Sorry.

Last edited:

DrAlice

Matterhorn is the only wild card, so it could actually be getting work done.
The latest aerial pictures show construction walls around the mountain and scaffolding on the mountain. I can't remember... last year before they shut down, was the work to fix the "mountain falling off" issue completed? Maybe they are still working on that?

BayouShack

The prices they reported is from the last increase they did last February. Mouseplanet also says that the prices stay the same. Screenshot below is from Mousplanets website

View attachment 545788

I feel certain the majority of days will be Tier 5 through summer. Basically any period outside of mid February-early March is a peak season, and we’re just beyond that now.

Emmanuel

Correct. My point was that Disney hasn't posted the ticket pricing publicly. They've privately relayed to MC and MP that prices are the same as last year and that's great, but it still doesn't fully answer @Curious Constance's question of "Are they going to sell ParkHoppers or just single day tickets?". It's a nitpick to be sure, but for those of us out-of-towners, it is an important nitpick. :)

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 11.42.43 AM.png

From Disneylands website

They mention "Guests who Purchase or have a park hopper ticket" so the answer is most likely yes Park Hoppers will in fact be available.

Emmanuel

*cuss words* So sorry... I meant "multi-day tickets" not park hoppers. Ugh... I'll fix the other post.

I do appreciate you trying to set me straight. :D

Oh lol. From what I can interpret is that if they have the park hoppers available then there's no reason to think that multi day tickets won't be. But if they aren't at first, they'll likely be available once the CA visitors only restriction is lifted.

Stevek

For all the love D'Amoro gets on here, he completely failed at running the parks during this shutdown, ie the Touch of Disney event which took them a year to create and was plagued with problems.
Orrrr, he absolutely succeeded given how well WDW has been run since it's reopening. I blame very little on him for any issues out here, especially the Touch of Disney event.

DrAlice

Oh lol. From what I can interpret is that if they have the park hoppers available then there's no reason to think that multi day tickets won't be. But if they aren't at first, they'll likely be available once the CA visitors only restriction is lifted.
I'm inclined to agree. I just wonder what this is going to look like. When I go in at 8am on 4/15 and I buy 3 or 4 day tickets (assuming they are available), will I be totally screwed over when it comes time to make reservations? I live 8 hours away: I'm not going to be spreading three days over several weeks, you know?

You can bet your granny that I will be reading the ticket fine print for expiration and cancellation policies before I do anything! ;) I really wish they'd post that fine print sooner!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
As @Disney Irish has said, CA has reached 4 million vaccinations in HPI quartile 1, tier movement has gotten easier

The tier page has updated to show that we now have the updated tier movement requirements updated

View attachment 545773

In a bit, Newsom is gonna hold a press conference with that speculated "Green Tier" possibly announced today.
In addition both OC and LA counties met 2 of the 3 criteria for the Yellow tier; with the 3rd being very reachable in the next couple weeks.

Of course with June 15th being right around the corner it'll be a short hop to the Green tier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom