News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Otamin

I assume it has been talked about countless times, but I’m guessing the show building/backstage of the ride won’t change from how it is now?

It looks awful from what I’ve seen from Skyliner videos.

skiir97

I assume it has been talked about countless times, but I’m guessing the show building/backstage of the ride won’t change from how it is now?

I believe it was confirmed that in building the Skyliner, Imagineering accepted that sight lines didn’t have to be considered from the gondolas.

Otamin

I believe it was confirmed that in building the Skyliner, Imagineering accepted that sight lines didn’t have to be considered from the gondolas.
That's a shame but I'm not surprised.

I think it's the only sightline that is desperate to be addressed on the Skyliner.

SplashJacket

I do find it interesting that Avengers Campus is opening on June 4th, roughly a month and a week after Disneyland reopens following a 14ish month closure and a year after its initial opening date, whereas Ratatouille is going to open roughly a year and a quarter after its original opening timeframe, despite the Orlando parks only being closed for a few months.

I'd say the most likely reason, is that the majority of Californians will be vaccinated by June. Secondly, since the expansion is an entire land, it can add a sizable amount of capacity to the park, and thus, increase the number of people allowed through the gates. If my brain serves me right, Epcot has the highest capacity of any of the Florida parks, so the Ratatouille expansion would create a marginal boost.

Also, it is opening 6 days before Velocicoaster. I guess Disney wants some buzz.

Really glad to see a Disney project opening up though!

Last edited:

mergatroid

To be fair they didn't seem to bother when they had the Skyway in the MK. 20,000 Leagues track and show building clearly visible. The not so nice roof tops of various buildings along with IASW and HM show buildings on display also.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Funny how Disney is opening up a Universal type ride (Ratatouille) and Universal opening up a Disney type ride (Secret Life of Pets). I'm pleasantly surprised how good the ride is and the queue is well done. I'm more attached to the Ratatouille IP since it's my favorite Pixar movie but good job to Universal,

Hopefully the plans for SLOP in USF come to fruition - though they may have to get in the queue.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Shrek and Toon Lagoon theatre.
Ohh... dang. Shrek would have been perfect it seems. The toon lagoon theatre also would have made sense since they were selling products over there.

Hmm. I dont know why they’d be rejected. Seems like a no brainer.

ToTBellHop

I do find it interesting that Avengers Campus is opening on June 4th, roughly a month and a week after Disneyland reopens following a 14ish month closure and a year after its initial opening date, whereas Ratatouille is going to open roughly a year and a quarter after its original opening timeframe, despite the Orlando parks only being closed for a few months.

I'd say the most likely reason, is that the majority of Californians will be vaccinated by June. Secondly, since the expansion is an entire land, it can add a sizable amount of capacity to the park, and thus, increase the number of people allowed through the gates. If my brain serves me right, Epcot has the highest capacity of any of the Florida parks, so the Ratatouille expansion would create a marginal boost.

Also, it is opening 6 days before Velocicoaster. I guess Disney wants some buzz.

Really glad to see a Disney project opening up though!
WDW is already filling to its capacity well and needs a 50th draw.

For DL, the calculus is different. They’ve been closed a long time and want a draw to pull people back after so long. They purposely picked a date close to when restrictions reduce and out-of-state people can return.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom