MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

Lilofan

If anyone is following the MLB draft there is a 20 year old pitcher sophomore from Vanderbilt named Jack Leiter. His dad was a pitcher for the Yankees. Jack was drafted in the 20th round in high school but elected to go to Vanderbilt. He is expected to be the #1 or #2 pick in the upcoming draft. Even if he doesn't make the pros his bonus money as a high draft pick will be in the millions. Smart move Jack to wait it out!

Tony Perkis

I honestly don’t know much about the Rangers. Do you guys have any promising future prospects coming up? What are you guys projected win/loss this year?
Our over/under is 67-68, so we definitely will suck. Our prospects are really enticing, but the ones that will make meaningful contributions are still in AA or AAA.

MattC

My Braves went ahead and got that first sweep loss out of the way. You know, you don’t want to get off to a too good of a start. Gotta pace yourself.

Last edited:

MattC

Who will get their first win of the season first? Braves, Mets or Nationals? Lol
lol

Well, we haven’t lost more than 3 in a row in quite some time. By my memory anyway. So hopefully we win today. If we are even playing. Have the Nationals been cleared?

Edit: Nationals have not been cleared. Looks like Tuesday is the earliest for the start of their season.

Lilofan

lol

Well, we haven’t lost more than 3 in a row in quite some time. By my memory anyway. So hopefully we win today. If we are even playing. Have the Nationals been cleared?

Edit: Nationals have not been cleared. Looks like Tuesday is the earliest for the start of their season.
ESPN is reporting the close contact that resulted in 3 testing positive for covid for the Nats was when the team flew after spring training from Florida to Washington. Were all not wearing their masks like they were supposed too?

MattC

ESPN is reporting the close contact that resulted in 3 testing positive for covid for the Nats was when the team flew after spring training from Florida to Washington. Were all not wearing their masks like they were supposed too?
I don't know. I'm honestly not too sure on MLB's guidelines. What makes an incident serious enough to require testing or contact tracing...

PopCentury

I don’t know if this is true but I heard the Nationals taxi squad was on the same plane with the main team. Isn’t the whole point of the taxi squad is to separate them from the main team?

PopCentury

lol

I just realized maybe it wasn’t a fair question because the Mets do have the best record on opening day. We don’t talk about the games after that though lol

MattC

Who will get their first win of the season first? Braves, Mets or Nationals? Lol
Nats it is! Braves bats did a little better, but not enough when combined with our pitching. 0-4 start. Someone needs to be blowing up Shane Greene’s phone right now. He is still unsigned right?

PopCentury

Nats it is! Braves bats did a little better, but not enough when combined with our pitching. 0-4 start. Someone needs to be blowing up Shane Greene’s phone right now. He is still unsigned right?
I thought they would be the last team to win. I was watching the 7th/8th inning of that game rooting for the Nats to come back lol 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom