Are people finding difficult to get reservations that they want?

22aabb

I shouldn't have waited this long but we are having issues getting ADR's for May too. We were oddly able to get our choice of times for Via Napoli. Our son loves Rainforest Cafe and they are booked solid. Same with Mama Melrose. I'm kicking myself but I'm not sure why some popular spots are wide open and not others. Rainforest never seemed more popular than Via Napoli. We went last summer and were spoiled by the lowest capacity but we've never had issues with dining reservation in any of our trips.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I shouldn't have waited this long but we are having issues getting ADR's for May too. We were oddly able to get our choice of times for Via Napoli. Our son loves Rainforest Cafe and they are booked solid. Same with Mama Melrose. I'm kicking myself but I'm not sure why some popular spots are wide open and not others. Rainforest never seemed more popular than Via Napoli. We went last summer and were spoiled by the lowest capacity but we've never had issues with dining reservation in any of our trips

calling Rainforest Directly if you haven’t. They often have slots outside of the Disney allotment. Let me
I shouldn't have waited this long but we are having issues getting ADR's for May too. We were oddly able to get our choice of times for Via Napoli. Our son loves Rainforest Cafe and they are booked solid. Same with Mama Melrose. I'm kicking myself but I'm not sure why some popular spots are wide open and not others. Rainforest never seemed more popular than Via Napoli. We went last summer and were spoiled by the lowest capacity but we've never had issues with dining reservation in any of our trips.
If it’s the Disney Springs Rainforesy try calling them directly if you haven’t. They don’t give all their spots to Disney. (407) 827-8500

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Check OpenTable for reservations if you're not having luck for Rainforest Cafe... Also, I've had luck getting hard to book ADR day before and day of with checking on MDE.

Last edited:

Hcalvert

This ADR situation is making me regret my split stay decision. We have a 3 night and then a 5 night scheduled. I have been practicing with ADRs the way I used to practice with FP and ROR boarding groups. I start to book ADRs in just under two weeks and am nervous.
When you make your dining reservations, your split stay will be combined together. You should be able to make all your dining reservations on your first day. I have a 13 night stay coming up---split 7 nights at CCV and 6 nights at BWV starting on June 5. On April 6, I will be able to book June 5-15 on the first day since it is capped at 10 days and the other days from April 7-9.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
When you make your dining reservations, your split stay will be combined together. You should be able to make all your dining reservations on your first day. I have a 13 night stay coming up---split 7 nights at CCV and 6 nights at BWV starting on June 5. On April 6, I will be able to book June 5-15 on the first day since it is capped at 10 days and the other days from April 7-9.
This was not true for me for my split stays in February or next week. I had to make dining ADRs on two different days for each stay.

Hcalvert

This was not true for me for my split stays in February or next week. I had to make dining ADRs on two different days for each stay.
I didn't in December or July--both were split stays for me. Also, the same when I had to book fastpasses in the past. Maybe it is a glitch for me then or how it is booked--mine is through DVC. I never had to wait other than any days over 10.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I didn't in December or July--both were split stays for me. Also, the same when I had to book fastpasses in the past. Maybe it is a glitch for me then or how it is booked--mine is through DVC. I never had to wait other than any days over 10.
Let me know how it goes for you!

From what I have been reading, split stays are not linked for ADRs and there are two windows. It would be great if you were right! Maybe I will be surprised. :) I didn't book DVC.

If I am remembering correctly, there was a short time that even FPs with split stays had two different windows. This was after the "throw away" room loophole was closed. All heck broke loose and shortly thereafter, split stays could book with just one window again.

RatherB@Disney

We only needed 3 ADRs for our end of May through first week of June trip but I was able to make all 3 for our party of 7 on 3/30 (our 60 day mark) within 12 minutes of the system opening at 6:00 a.m. EDT. Reservations were much simpler for this trip with no meal plan to deal with and effectively no "real" character meals.
Did you have to break up your party of 7 into smaller groups or were you able to make a single reservation for all 7? It’s been many years since I’ve had to make ADR’s for 7, but I recall having to do that for certain restaurants.

Hcalvert

Did you have to break up your party of 7 into smaller groups or were you able to make a single reservation for all 7? It’s been many years since I’ve had to make ADR’s for 7, but I recall having to do that for certain restaurants.
I have made a reservation for 6 for my brother with no problem.

kverdon

Split stays are not linked, at least not for our split stay in May. If you pick a meal (like “Dinner”) or a time and get 0 or limited options try moving the time 30mins and try again. You may have to do this 2or 3 times. It’s like the request times out and they just tell you nothing is available.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Keep trying, people cancel plans change.

I would also plan to check the day of. I know this particular technique doesn't help your stress level, but I have been able to eat a few popular restaurants pre covid during some busier times of the year.

Hcalvert

I don't know what to tell all of you who said I wouldn't be able to book reservations across two reservations. I did. I was able to book from June 5-June 15.
CCV.jpg
BWV.jpg
SC.jpg

crawale

If it’s the Disney Springs Rainforesy try calling them directly if you haven’t. They don’t give all their spots to Disney. (407) 827-8500
There is something wrong with the 'search' feature for restaurant times. Sometimes if you specify a time rather than dinner slots will appear even though in the 'dinner window' the screen shows nothing available. I have emailed and spoken with 'Help' but nothing seems to be done to improve matters. As a software engineer the search is not brain surgery and I cannot think why the developers do not get this fixed. Your alternative is to wait for literally hours on the phone to speak to a CM.

crawale

I have made a reservation for 6 for my brother with no problem.
I have a party of five then wanted to add two more - had to call reservations - waited almost two hours but they did it. Some of the issues now are that the tables have been moved for COVID reasons and tables available are for smaller groups. Before COVID it was a lot easier.

cdatkins

Can someone check me?

If we are staying onsite starting on June 14, for 7 nights, we should be able to make reservations 67 days out, right? That would be today, April 8.

But when I go into MDE and try to book dining, it's only letting me book 60 days out (which would be June 7).

Am I doing something wrong?

Hockey427

Can someone check me?

If we are staying onsite starting on June 14, for 7 nights, we should be able to make reservations 67 days out, right? That would be today, April 8.

But when I go into MDE and try to book dining, it's only letting me book 60 days out (which would be June 7).

Am I doing something wrong?
It’s 60 days out from the start of your stay that you can book the whole trip, meaning you can technically book your 7th day once it’s 66 days out from that day. First day of the trip can be booked no earlier than 60 days out.

cdatkins

It’s 60 days out from the start of your stay that you can book the whole trip, meaning you can technically book your 7th day once it’s 66 days out from that day. First day of the trip can be booked no earlier than 60 days out.

Thanks for that clarification, my legally trained mind was playing tricks on me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom