News Florida residents will be able to buy a Walt Disney World 50th license plate supporting Make-A-Wish

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm still surprised by how low the pre-order number are. I would have expected it to be much higher.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm still surprised by how low the pre-order number are. I would have expected it to be much higher.

It's an extra $40 the first year on top of the other tag taxes; $30 every year after that until a new physical plate is required (every 5 years).

Given the glut of speciality tags in Florida, I'm not surprised pre-order sales haven't met expectations. But HSMV has until 2023 to meet the minimum 3,000.

JoeCamel

It's an extra $40 the first year on top of the other tag taxes; $30 every year after that until a new physical plate is required (every 5 years).

Given the glut of speciality tags in Florida, I'm not surprised pre-order sales haven't met expectations. But HSMV has until 2023 to meet the minimum 3,000.
I guess you didn't see the two posts showing that presales HAVE been met

JoeCamel

No, I have not. Some had posted a chart showing sales...which were a little over 1000.
Steve posted his article saying the presales have been met, I quoted saying the same, Steve posted a new link to the article in quoting your post and I asked if you had seen those posts.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Why, you think those guys have something better to do?

P.R.I.D.E. manufacturers a wealth of goods, not just license plates. And ALL of that is done at the Union County Correctional Institute. Every state agency is required to use P.R.I.D.E. when purchasing certain commodities.

It took several months once the Marine Turtle tag was approved for sale in 1998 before my boss got the first once printed - it was numbered XXX001.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Steve posted his article saying the presales have been met, I quoted saying the same, Steve posted a new link to the article in quoting your post and I asked if you had seen those posts.

Are you really going to argue over this? 🙄

I said I hadn't see that. I looked at a previous post with a chart indicting the number of pre-orders.

JoeCamel

Are you really going to argue over this? 🙄

I said I hadn't see that. I looked at a previous post with a chart indicting the number of pre-orders.
I'm not arguing I asked a question then when you sid you hadn't seen the replies and were still under the impression that presales had not been met I pointed them out to you.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm not arguing I asked a question then when you sid you hadn't seen the replies and were still under the impression that presales had not been met I pointed them out to you.

And apparently glossed over my response....

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I really hope I still live in Florida when this plate begins to hit the tax collectors offices. Even if it's literally the day before I leave, I will clear a few hours from my day to get this plate and rep it on the drive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom