Trip Report That’s No Moon... ***Completed***

5A7E9A28-415F-462A-A10F-666C4DC17220.jpeg

With so many great TRs in progress right now I am *almost* hesitant to start another. Especially since mine will have so many similarities to others.

Like @Darstarr I got a new phone.

Like @Doc Disney I needed a break from difficult year in healthcare.

Like @k8einwdw well, you’ll see...

0D8A8B8C-BB80-4F62-B38E-746295798547.gif

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Original Poster

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry! I started this TR because I thought I finally had the time but it’s been bananas at work lately. (Wave #3! 😐)

Will try to get at it as best as I can. It’s a welcomed distraction.

I failed to mention in my initial post the details people seem to want to know about my new copilot. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Silly pregnancy brain.

It’s due in July and we aren’t finding out the sex until then.

7A389C1A-99F9-432E-B309-727574DED098.gif

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Pretrip business continued:

In January things started to turn around- again. I was able to get vaccinated. And I started to feel like a normal person again.

CAFA88B7-AA07-4523-98C1-D9B4EED523D3.gif

I requested a week of vacation off in March with the intention of going nowhere.

The better I felt and the better the COVID numbers trended I started to think.

Would it be crazy to travel?

5AF3B21E-7462-4421-871C-E5B4414CFDDC.gif

I started having a bout of anti-nesting. This was probably our last time to get away for quite some time.

My only real goals for trip were ☀️ and being able to walk around outside.

We couldn’t drive anywhere like that. The number of bathroom and leg stretch stops I would need would be too much.

DH suggested I could just go somewhere. That didn’t seem fair or safe.

WDW seemed like the best but also the craziest option.

After much deliberation we decided to go.

Like I booked everything really late on a Friday and we left less than 30 hours later. 😬

tommcp516

Pretrip business continued:

In January things started to turn around- again. I was able to get vaccinated. And I started to feel like a normal person again.

View attachment 542469

I requested a week of vacation off in March with the intention of going nowhere.

The better I felt and the better the COVID numbers trended I started to think.

Would it be crazy to travel?

View attachment 542472

I started having a bout of anti-nesting. This was probably our last time to get away for quite some time.

My only real goals for trip were ☀️ and being able to walk around outside.

We couldn’t drive anywhere like that. The number of bathroom and leg stretch stops I would need would be too much.

DH suggested I could just go somewhere. That didn’t seem fair or safe.

WDW seemed like the best but also the craziest option.

After much deliberation we decided to go.

Like I booked everything really late on a Friday and we left less than 30 hours later. 😬
Lo
Road Trip Friends GIF by Disney

Love a good last-minute road trip!
Hope your little prenatal Muppet behaved themselves on the journey 🤰

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
When: March 7-11
Where: Coronado Springs
Who: Me (BES), my wonderful spouse (DH) and “the child” aka the bébé.

Day 0- March 6th:

Having just booked everything Friday night we had a lot to do Saturday.

We went for a mall walk before it opened for the day. Then we went to Target for trip odds and ends.

Between the mall and Target we saw many many people doing the “below-the-nose” mask or just not wear a mask at all. 😱

We got a takeout breakfast (err second breakfast in my case) and headed home.

459C8E55-05EF-4908-9E20-3C8301EC62D9.gif

DH had asked that if we did go on the trip that we deep clean the house first. It was annoying to do at the time but super nice to come home to a clean house.

3C46A598-7DFE-481D-9370-5ED30DF1B577.gif

We spent the rest of the day cleaning and packing.

Initially I thought we could get by with just one checked bag. Then I had trouble packing my pregnancy pillow. So I added on a carry on.

DH: Really? There’s going to be like 20 pillows in the room...

BES: Are you telling a pregnant lady no?

DH: 😐

I dropped one very excited doggo off at my parents’ house. DH was feeling some travel guilt and wanted to know if they had said anything about where we going. They didn’t ask and I didn’t volunteer it.

DH was a little incredulous that they didn’t ask. I wasn’t. They are much more hands off than his parents. And also:

BB824279-C354-4043-B9A3-6211ACAC23CE.gif

As it was nearing our early bedtime DH dropped a bomb on me. He decided he wasn’t going to wear an N95 mask on the plane as planned because he didn’t want to shave his beard.

So I tried to sleep as I fought mix of pre-trip excitement and terror that I was putting DH at risk from said trip.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 1- March 7th:

I had booked the first Delta flight out that morning. I figured that was the cleanest the plane and airport would be for the day.

Delta was still blocking middle seats and at the time of booking there weren’t any people in the row in front of or behind us.

We got up about 3:15am. For me that’s only a little earlier than some of my wake-ups for work. Also with all of overnight bathroom trips and struggling to get comfy getting only a few hours of sleep is my new normal.

Me at 3:15am:
9DC90BAA-AFE1-4399-94DF-8F19531D069A.jpeg

DH:

BE7EB7BA-B197-4A49-A177-6DB039575FC1.gif

Got ready and threw all of the last minute stuff (like my beloved pillow) in the suitcases.

8F3FB367-22F8-4F4A-8DB0-3F7348B29793.jpeg

I had some breakfast and iced coffee.* DH said he was too tired to eat.

The drive to the airport was uneventful. Got to go to the fancy terminal since we were flying Delta.

* Remember all of the coffee we drank during the last trip? Well I’ve had just a couple of sips of hot coffee since October because hot coffee suddenly started tasting gross. Iced coffee is still tastes ok though. 🤷🏻‍♀️ And DH has pretty much stopped drinking caffeine altogether.

Once we reached the check in area we encountered two problems. 😬

Spash007

Love everything about this! Congrats on the baby to be, love the Moira reference (we literally refer to any possible thing as a baby in our house just to be able to use her accent - gotta keep married life interesting when you're home all the time right?), and I love the T - 30 hour countdown! I can't even tell you how many times I've been tempted to do that and have started quoting trips out. So I'm definitely looking forward to living vicariously through you!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Love everything about this! Congrats on the baby to be, love the Moira reference (we literally refer to any possible thing as a baby in our house just to be able to use her accent - gotta keep married life interesting when you're home all the time right?), and I love the T - 30 hour countdown! I can't even tell you how many times I've been tempted to do that and have started quoting trips out. So I'm definitely looking forward to living vicariously through you!

Welcome and thanks!

Schitt’s Creek was one of our (many) 2020 tv binges. The baby’s room is pretty much exclusively called “bébé’s chamber”. 😂

614D1E45-052A-4B93-A128-8249E075B21E.jpeg

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 1- March 7th continued:

Problem #1: The Delta check in area was bananas. 😬 Tons more people than I expected. The line was spaced out a bit but not a full 6 feet.

Problem #2: I pulled out my new phone to check the flight status and couldn’t pull up my emails or any websites. We had set the phones up Friday and I had no issues until now. Then I noticed a mysterious “No SIM” in the corner of the screen.

7930AAD7-660B-4077-AC52-19C598149935.gif

Luckily DH’s new phone was still operational.

As I internally freaked out about the phone issues I used the luggage and myself to distance DH from the below the nose mask guy behind us in line. He was very loudly whining that he was going to be late. Eventually he ran off in search of some way to game the system. 😒

Moments later a Delta rep came and starting with the group in front of us ushered us to the empty international check in area. We were checked in within minutes of the move. Take that whiney man.

Security was uneventful aside from DH’s suddenly concern about me and the scanners. I had already researched it and assured him it was ok. Especially compared to the alternative of having a stranger pat me down in the middle of a pandemic.

We had plenty of time so we explored before going to the gate.

FA22AE81-0A29-4907-9922-71F14E9642B6.jpeg

BAABA356-6EEC-47C0-9BEF-2992588AA46E.jpeg

First of many bathroom stops on the trip:

F8B6FF6F-D993-4233-A4D5-48A2EFFA4497.jpeg

Thank goodness for this odd airport vending machine. I totally forgot to pack my cuff links:

BF2B8F24-8CC0-48AF-B378-B5E3990A8DBE.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom