Party Season 2021

mattpeto

Trip planning for October, and I still don't see MNSSHP happening. At least not as we knew it. None of the components of the party (parades, fireworks, castle stage show and meet n greets) have resumed and starting most of them in about 5 months seems unlikely.

But Disney successfully got people to pay $75 a head for "Taste of DCA", so I think they'll try that instead with a similar price.

Something like "Mickey's Taste of Trick or Treat" that would include:
- $25 food and beverage card (instead of handing out candy)
- Ride overlays and the standard Halloween decor and music
- Chance to dress up
+ the socially distanced meet and greets and cavalcades from last year, but only during party hours

I think at the very least a modified Christmas Party will happen. They can announce that's coming back the summer, when our numbers start to reflect the hopeful success that is happening in Israel.

I really believed MNSSHP would usher back fireworks, but I agree with you: the traditional party components look very doubtful right now.

How much lead time do they need? Announce dates, sell tickets, plan a modified party/parade/fireworks is a huge deal.

It just feels like time is running out.

plawren2

@GoofGoof by fall, some experts thinks there will be worst by fall or winter if pandemic keeps going but it's not happening? But the pandemic will end sooner by late summer or fall/winter. If variants is getting popping by fall/winter or not?
the more people that can get vaccinated as quickly as possible is key to all of this-every day and million more vaccinated is essential progress in projecting what summer and fall will look like in terms of pandemic and need for masks and social distancing (including restrictions on capacity for in-door and out door events in US)

plawren2

‘Muricans are being told to keep masking up, that cases are on the rise again. Even with vaccination rates climbing. 🤷🏻‍♂️
because you don't get herd immunity with 30% people vaccinated, and no science studies on whether being vaccinated also stops you from spreading to others, we will get to better place with both of those factors in the coming months, but its not now.

doctornick

yep, but doesn't provide any evidence that kids in school are not getting covid-19, data suggests they are
It does? Legit question because from what I’ve seen the evidence suggests that transmission rates at schools and among youth is extremely low relative to other situations. Of course some children have gotten infections but the vast majority of in person schools have operated with significant issues

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I don't think Disney will end up requiring vaccine passports. Aside from legal concerns like DeSantis trying to block them, I'm still an optimist. I think that by the time we get into summer, we are going to see enough people vaccinated that case numbers plummet and vaccine passports basically become unnecessary.

No, I'm not trying to turn this into a debate about vaccine passports. Just saying that my prediction is that it doesn't come to that and so it doesn't enter into the equation about fireworks and seasonal events.
In Florida there is no reason for them. The state has removed all restrictions from Disney and the ones in place are self imposed. A vaccine passport serves no purpose at Disney. Additionally, what large percentage of visitors are children who can’t get the vaccine? Since there is no testing requirements for WDW and they aren’t banning kids, what good would a vaccine passport do anyway??

In California anything is fair game.

TTA94

I’ll gladly continue to wear a mask and get vaccinated, soon as it’s available to all, and show a passport whatever if we can just get nighttime shows back lol. At least one or two like Epcot Forever and F! in July. Is that going to happen? Probably not lol.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’ll gladly continue to wear a mask and get vaccinated, soon as it’s available to all, and show a passport whatever if we can just get nighttime shows back lol. At least one or two like Epcot Forever and F! in July. Is that going to happen? Probably not lol.
Another big unknown is international travel reopening and what it will bring with it. Hopefully a global effort will reduce risk of transmission between continents and countries to be negligible - but every country, airport and airline need to be on the same page. And that’s never happened for everything to date.

Last edited:

jpeden

In the Parks
No
because you don't get herd immunity with 30% people vaccinated, and no science studies on whether being vaccinated also stops you from spreading to others, we will get to better place with both of those factors in the coming months, but its not now.

Actually, there have been multiple studies that show vaccination significantly reduces transmission rates:

https://www.reuters.com/article/hea...19-vaccine-reduces-transmission-idUSKBN2AJ08J

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/...nsmission-protect-spread-virus-moderna-pfizer

The UK study showed vaccines reduce the rate of transmission by 86% and the Israeli study showed a reduction of 89.4% in asymptomatic cases and 93.7% in symptomatic cases.

plawren2

It does? Legit question because from what I’ve seen the evidence suggests that transmission rates at schools and among youth is extremely low relative to other situations. Of course some children have gotten infections but the vast majority of in person schools have operated with significant issues
guess what age you referring to my youth, as there are increase in case numbers for the 10-20 age groups now being seen

plawren2

worth noting majority of k12 schools were closed to in-person or running hybrid since last March, now that we see increasingly number of schools open 100% in-person some concerning trends are occurring.... https://www.wilx.com/2021/03/30/michigan-reported-70-new-covid-19-outbreaks-in-schools-on-monday/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom