Party Season 2021

TTA94

Well, they can wait until then to make a final call, certainly. They are continuing to work on HarmoniUs because they want it ready when they pick a date. With news that those with just 1 dose of Pfizer or Moderna have 80% protection against all COVID-19 infection (including asymptomatic), we will have 50% of us with strong immunity (more if we assume about 1/3 of the remainder have some immunity from infection) by 5/9.

Are they still thinking bringing back EF first or has that died off?

Tom P.

Yes, but it’s safe--they went with a 70:30 bleach:swamp solution. That’s why they can have their indoor Bourne stuntshow open while Disney’s outdoor Indy stuntshow would single-handedly cause a Covid-19 spike.

Chapek stuck with 100% swamp water, as it’s more timeless and more Disney.
Wait... what about more family and more relevant?

TTA94

If Disney can end up requiring vaccine passports, whether DeSantis likes it or not, I wonder if that might play a role in fireworks and seasonal events?

Tom P.

If Disney can end up requiring vaccine passports, whether DeSantis likes it or not, I wonder if that might play a role in fireworks and seasonal events?
I don't think Disney will end up requiring vaccine passports. Aside from legal concerns like DeSantis trying to block them, I'm still an optimist. I think that by the time we get into summer, we are going to see enough people vaccinated that case numbers plummet and vaccine passports basically become unnecessary.

No, I'm not trying to turn this into a debate about vaccine passports. Just saying that my prediction is that it doesn't come to that and so it doesn't enter into the equation about fireworks and seasonal events.

Parker in NYC

I don't think Disney will end up requiring vaccine passports. Aside from legal concerns like DeSantis trying to block them, I'm still an optimist. I think that by the time we get into summer, we are going to see enough people vaccinated that case numbers plummet and vaccine passports basically become unnecessary.

No, I'm not trying to turn this into a debate about vaccine passports. Just saying that my prediction is that it doesn't come to that and so it doesn't enter into the equation about fireworks and seasonal events.
With the variants, I really don't see Disney requiring any vaccine passports. They could be useless anyway.

castlecake2.0

Random thought for Oct 1, I think they’re able to launch fireworks off one of the islands in seven seas lagoon? Any chance they could do the firework show from there so people can see from the resorts but crowds can’t form in the park?

Chomama

Please, God, let this be over by 2022. Surely we are advanced enough that the COVID-19 pandemic won’t last longer than the 1918-20 Flu Pandemic. Surely.
I mean...I hope so too but this thing is really hanging on. Even if the USA is in good shape by fall it is unlikely that other countries will be.

havoc315

Please, God, let this be over by 2022. Surely we are advanced enough that the COVID-19 pandemic won’t last longer than the 1918-20 Flu Pandemic. Surely.

It won't be over internationally by 2022. And WDW is an international destination. While I don't expect Disney to utilize vaccination passports, they would allow WDW to operate fully normally with more confidence and sooner.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I love and embrace the idea, but does that eliminate international children from visiting WDW with their families until the vaccines are available to them?
The vaccine passport is not literally a record of vaccination, only. It’s a record of no-disease presented as a QR code (that could be printed or displayed digitally), most likely, to protect privacy. You could prove lack of disease with a vaccine or a negative COVID test. Kids and those who cannot take the vaccine would do the latter. Timing and whether a rapid test would suffice is unclear.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
@GoofGoof by fall, some experts thinks there will be worst by fall or winter if pandemic keeps going but it's not happening? But the pandemic will end sooner by late summer or fall/winter. If variants is getting popping by fall/winter or not?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom