Cast Member Drinking Water From Decorative Fountains?

donaldtoo

FFDB9103-5E2D-4D78-B41B-0E8842713FBB.gif

CaptainAmerica

No, it is not. The Reclaimed Water system is distinct from the Potable Water system.

I don't know what the South Florida Water Management District has to do with anything, Reedy Creek has their OWN facility that's entirely independent from this.

The reclaimed water system creates potable-quality water, but that doesn't mean the water is pumped back into the Potable Water system. It isn't and I'm not claiming it is.

lazyboy97o

I don't know what the South Florida Water Management District has to do with anything, Reedy Creek has their OWN facility that's entirely independent from this.

The reclaimed water system creates potable-quality water, but that doesn't mean the water is pumped back into the Potable Water system. It isn't.
The water management district is involved in the regulation of reclaimed water and its uses. The linked brochure includes a list of the reclaimed water systems within the water management district and how the system is utilized. Decorative fountains is not a use and reclaimed water, even if technically safe to drink, is not considered part of the potable water system.

mergatroid

I'm pretty sure people spit in fountains also. Currently far less due to the Disney mask mandate, even so it just seems a bizarre thing to do. I suppose it's that 15 minutes of fame thing for some, do something stupid and different and stick it on social media?

wdwfan22

The dude is an idiot that was looking for his 15 mins of fame now he is without a job. Disney really needs to crack down on Cast Members who post on social media regarding their product. It’s not good advertising for the mouse and unfortunately he isn’t the only one doing it.

JIMINYCR

Well its a unique video post, not another take on the menu, strolling the parks, various tips that are presented by every other blogger. The first thing I thought of was... Drinking from a water source where birds fly into, bugs land, where debris blows into from the wind, and where guests probably add waste. No thank you. But I could see how Disney would have frowned upon a CM sort of implying by the results that guests could drink from any Disney waterway.
Guess lesson learned is if you are a CM and want to post...and keep[ your job.... you must do it under an assumed name and wearing a disguise.

Walt Disney1955

From a western world point of view, I think we can all assume that will be bad PR and the dude is going to get reprimanded and probably fired.

From other parts of the world, well, 2.2 million people die a year of thirst. So my guess is that isn't dirty water to them.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
The dude is an idiot that was looking for his 15 mins of fame now he is without a job. Disney really needs to crack down on Cast Members who post on social media regarding their product. It’s not good advertising for the mouse and unfortunately he isn’t the only one doing it.
Did you see the part where he got 7 job offers as a social media manager?

Mousse'

Oh. My. God. Sorry for the cliche, but this just absolutely fits what’s going on in my head right now... and that Simpsons episode with Lisa tripping out like crazy due to drinking the ride water makes me wonder if that was his plan?

Had to do a water class for my public health degree. From what used to be in place, fountains (aerosolizing agent) have to use high-threshold potable water (...but that isn’t universal: state-by-state control). If not, it becomes a spreader for any waterbourn bugs.

And as far as I know, Disney is a universally heavy-chlorination business (Although I’ve never tasted or tested the fountain water 🤔... 🤮). It’s a lot cheaper than one lawsuit (legitimate or not).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom