News Disneyland Working on Future Master Plan- includes Theme Park Expansions, Retail/Entertainment Space, and More!

SplashJacket

It is if Disney convinces the city to approve based on “hey we’re going to build more theme park” and then they do something else with the land. I understand the specifics dont exist.
The website states things in a theoretical manner. It mentions that Anaheim is stifling their investments plans, but investment can mean anything. The website used the new parking garage as an example of investment.

brb1006

Also, you young'uns here should not put much faith in anything Anaheim's PR firm says about Disney's possible long-term expansion plans, especially the IP's that may be used.

Back in 2000, Disney and Anaheim did about the same thing on a much younger Internet. Disney even had a website called thirdthemepark.com where this exciting and shocking information was released. Except back then, Disney didn't own Marvel or Pixar or Lucas Film, so the biggest IP they could use to generated excitement was Winnie The Pooh at Little Mermaid. 🤣

View attachment 542308

So let's not get too excited, even though this new plan looks legitimate and makes complete sense. We've been down this road before, and talk and splashy websites are pretty cheap. Websites are actually cheaper today than they were 21 years ago.

But isn't it great to hear from Cynthia Harriss again?!? 😍
Unrelated, but that screenshot brought back memories to the Disneyland 50th Anniversary Celebration where Disneyland had a special website that showed the history of the Disney Theme Parks through each decade while a special variation of "A Dream Is A Wish You're Heart Makes" played over it (such as a 70s variation for the 1970s highlighting the opening of Walt Disney World, and a triumphant version for Disneyland's 25th Anniversary).

mickEblu

Studios Toy Story land turned out way better than I could have hoped. The Toy Story lands in Asia and Europe are a complete waste. Unless they're going to do something of the level they did at DHS, and honestly that a minimum, than don't do it at all. Slinky has been a big hit, is probably cheap to build, and they know people will eat it up. But... can't we have something unique?

The Toy Storyland at WDW honestly came out better than I thought. All the trees help and Slinky looks cool. With that said, it’s on the bottom of the list of the proposed attractions / lands mentioned today

brb1006

It was super exciting then. It was an official Disney website, and it appeared around the summer of 2000 when the finishing touches were still being put on DCA. It was incredible to think that just after Disneyland's second theme park opened that they would get to work on a third park.

And it was going to have Winnie The Pooh! :rolleyes:
To be fair, Winnie the Pooh was huge throughout the late 1990s and early 2000s. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh was still rerunning on Playhouse Disney (now Disney Junior) on Disney Channel (before becoming a separate channel) alongside gaining two shows in the mid 2000s. While the Disney Toon Studios Pooh films were gaining theatrical releases (such as The Tigger Movie, Piglet's Big Movie, and The Heffalump Movie). Not to mention numerous Winnie the Pooh games that were surprisingly decent, and any Winnie the Pooh merchandise was EVERYWHERE and we loved it!

Last edited:

SteamboatJoe

To be fair, Winnie the Pooh was huge throughout the late 1990s and early 2000s. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh was still rerunning on Playhouse Disney (now Disney Junior) on Disney Channel (before becoming a separate channel) alongside gaining two shows in the mid 2000s. While the Disney Toon Studios Pooh films were gaining theatrical releases (such as The Tigger Movie, Piglet's Big Movie, and The Heffalump Movie). Not to mention numerous Winnie the Pooh games that were surprisingly decent, and any Winnie the Pooh merchandise was EVERYWHERE!

For a period of time in the 90's, I think Pooh merchandise outsold Mickey.

brb1006

Have you been on the Winnie the Pooh ride they opened at Tokyo Disneyland back in 2000? That is lightyears better than the two cheap Pooh rides in the USA. And it's twenty years old and still leaves you with your jaw on the floor!
The animatronics for Pooh and Friends is millions times better than the plastic ones at the other parks.

Pooh-Hunny-Hunt.JPG

4210714433_bbd04b4808_b.jpg

Poohs%2BHunny%2BHunt%2BTokyo%2BDisneyland%2B%25284%2529.png

They actually look lifelike and expressive compared to the static plastic ones at Disneyland and the other parks which is based on the WDW version.
maxresdefault.jpg

39cbce5a0c8e3beacf4902b7c4768d11.jpg

3mOobaoqyCej0HlgD0K_kw5O9iKUtoihho08X-4-c28U5Yu_Swd55SMEMoeYeNYeEJSIxPvoO8bKdJ_yEnMLIGadAItUP3TW77bW1a6mCRhtTzF0qOSb5sZRArlkUzaTCgNtC4oTqxPPD_5r9owE
Hard to believe Pooh's Hunny Hunt is 20 years old and still holds up compared to the other Pooh rides.

Last edited:

brb1006

You really do need to go. But be warned; it will ruin your visits to Disney theme parks in the USA forever. You'll constantly be reminded of how lazy or unpolished the CM's here can be, how sloppy the operation can be, and how way too many little details have gone missing in the American parks over the last 30 years.

It's a dangerous thing to visit Tokyo Disneyland. You have to be prepared to be disappointed in your home park once you get back.
I first discovered that ride back in 2005 or 2006 when I visited the Tokyo Disneyland website. They had a special video that showed clips of the attraction and I was blown away! It really did make you feel like you've entered Hundred Acre Woods.

Brer Oswald

To be fair, Winnie the Pooh was huge throughout the late 1990s and early 2000s. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh was still rerunning on Playhouse Disney (now Disney Junior) on Disney Channel (before becoming a separate channel) alongside gaining two shows in the mid 2000s. While the Disney Toon Studios Pooh films were gaining theatrical releases (such as The Tigger Movie, Piglet's Big Movie, and The Heffalump Movie). Not to mention numerous Winnie the Pooh games that were surprisingly decent, and any Winnie the Pooh merchandise was EVERYWHERE!
Pooh had a pretty good run. I think it’s a timeless franchise, with characters that can be enjoyed by all. Shame we don’t see much from it anymore. Not that I want it to be milked again (although I found the Pooh mailing more enjoyable than the other milking we’ve see ), but just something every once and awhile.

Darkbeer1

From the Anaheim Chamber of Commerce

>> Today, the Walt Disney Company unveiled DisneylandForward, a multi-year initiative to engage Anaheim residents and officials to update the Disneyland Resort’s development to meet present and future demands for an integrated, immersive entertainment and vacation experience. DisneylandForward will form the basis for future expansion of the Resort.

"This is exciting news, coming as the Resort Area begins to re-open,” said Todd Ament, President and CEO of the Anaheim Chamber of Commerce. "DisneylandForward’s vision means business growth, more and better jobs, and increased tax revenues to invest back into Anaheim’s neighborhoods.”

“The economic engine of Anaheim is about to become bigger and generate more opportunity and hope for the city,” said Ament.

The DisneylandForward initiative comes on the heels of Disney’s announcement that it will re-open the Disneyland Resort and Disney California Adventure on April 30, initially at limited capacity but expanding as the pandemic recedes.

If you would like to learn more about these exciting plans for the future, please visit the project website at DisneylandForward.com.<<

choco choco

Also, what is the road clearance required around electrical towers? I believe the road behind California Adventure was required per the old plan (to allow the parking trams to run from Simba to the east entrance plaza), but that's no longer necessary now. Disney should assume at least a portion of that road back. Not much, I know, but every square foot counts.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I doubt half of this ever becomes real and if it does..shame on Disney for doing this before fixing DCA, fixing all the issues with Indy, before fixing Tomorrowland. Also also, I find it funny when there is Disneyland news all of a sudden people from the wdw side come over here to give their 2 cents after months of never posting on here or being a regular on this side.

brb1006

Pooh had a pretty good run. I think it’s a timeless franchise, with characters that can be enjoyed by all. Shame we don’t see much from it anymore. Not that I want it to be milked again (although I found the Pooh mailing more enjoyable than the other milking we’ve see ), but just something every once and awhile.
At least Pooh milking resulted in some surprisingly decent material (The Tigger Movie and Piglet's Big Movie still holds a special place in my heart). Not to mention how popular Roo quickly became after the success of The Tigger Movie. However, My Friends Tigger and Pooh pales in comparison to The New Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh due to how good the writing for the series was and how emotional some episodes gotten (The Cassie episode anybody). As much as I enjoy Marvel and Star Wars Disney+ content, I yearn for the days of Winnie The Pooh content.

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Here is a question- their last Disneyland expansion "Galaxy's Bland" was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. Do you really trust these imagineers to successfully pull off this giant expansion?? These are the guys who gave us noooo kinetic energy, Luke or Darth Vader in their Star Wars land and made it look like a depressing bombed out town in the middle east and also gave us this:
1616723163270.png
Do you really want them to mess with expanding Walt's original park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom