Massive rental car shortage in Orlando more than quadruples prices for travelers next week

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I believe it. I got a car for $235 (business rate) last week, and that’s the first time in forever that the corporate rates have been cheaper than places like Costco Travel.

And with Disney’s bus service being ... unreliable, from a capacity perspective, that adds to the desire to rent a car and drive to the parks. Far more reliable time-wise to drive to the parks (except for MK) than take a bus.

Lilofan

There is always the Orlando Lnyx city bus from the airport to WDW with multiple stops and a transfer. The bus fare is $2 per person. The trip for the adventurous traveler takes about 2 hours.

Last edited:

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
If you're a Costco Member, consider looking at Costco Travel.

I was able to save greatly by reserving back in January for my three planned trips.

While everything went up considerably. It looks like the biggest jump in rental prices is in the SUV and Minivan class.

PolynesianPrincess

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Uber/Lyft rates skyrocket too.

They do when its busy. I've been checking rates in the mornings and around park opening they range anywhere from $12-25 from Coronado Springs to Boardwalk so we can walk over to DHS.

I wouldn't be surprised to see car rental prices remain high once DME is gone. More people going to be needing to rent cars. It's sad because we used to be able to rent a car for $100 a week!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you're a Costco Member, consider looking at Costco Travel.

I was able to save greatly by reserving back in January for my three planned trips.

While everything went up considerably. It looks like the biggest jump in rental prices is in the SUV and Minivan class.

...good idea.

...tooo late

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I don't know it this is related, but prices for car rental in Miami skyrocketed too. The quote we got today for our trip next month, is more than double of what we paid last Dec.

Club Cooloholic

Further proof they really should reconsider the ending of Magic Express. A disney vacation requires taking into account all kinds of price factors. If a car rental is going to cost me 50 or in this case 150 a day, I might just reevaluate going at all. If nothing else more money paid for UBERs and car rentals means less for Disney wares and eats.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Further proof they really should reconsider the ending of Magic Express. A disney vacation requires taking into account all kinds of price factors. If a car rental is going to cost me 50 or in this case 150 a day, I might just reevaluate going at all. If nothing else more money paid for UBERs and car rentals means less for Disney wares and eats.

...didn’t you hear?

the magic kingdom is going to be a “limited attendance, luxury” destination now.

so you shouldn’t care about such trivial matters.

“let them eat expensive cake!!”

🙄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom