buffets back cafeteria style?

buckeyegator

Original Poster
any chance they could return in this form, ie like morrisons where you go down the line plate/,plates in hand and a server behind the food line gives you what you nwant, no human contact with food.

JIMINYCR

Disney could do it that way but they are not interested in staffing buffets with extra workers, increasing their costs for CM's at this time. Serving family style is working well for them so far. I'd be interested in knowing if cost wise if family style is saving them in food costs, is there more or less food wasted by doing it this way and are guests taking more or less food when being served just what they ask when requesting another plate of something. The pricing hasnt been lowered so Disney must be making out better... guests still are reserving seating at that cost so that isnt keeping them away.

buckeyegator

Original Poster
Disney could do it that way but they are not interested in staffing buffets with extra workers, increasing their costs for CM's at this time. Serving family style is working well for them so far. I'd be interested in knowing if cost wise if family style is saving them in food costs, is there more or less food wasted by doing it this way and are guests taking more or less food when being served just what they ask when requesting another plate of something. The pricing hasnt been lowered so Disney must be making out better... guests still are reserving seating at that cost so that isnt keeping them away.
how many servers are there at chef mickeys as oppossed to 5 or 6 behind a buffet table, seems there are alot more servers.

JIMINYCR

how many servers are there at chef mickeys as oppossed to 5 or 6 behind a buffet table, seems there are alot more servers.
Youre still going to need CM's waiting the tables. They serve drinks, clear the plates/tables, bring the checks and bring you your change. Additional staffing behind the buffet line is the added staff.

Yellow Shoes

Plus--the family style meals simply require fewer choices. I'm thinking that Crystal Palace in the old days might have had 30-40 choices of main dishes, salads, vegetables, breads, and the kids' buffet. Now you get a choice of 5 entrees, 2 salads, 1 bread and 2 desserts. That has to be significantly cheaper to purchase, prep, cook, and clean up.

buckeyegator

Original Poster
Plus--the family style meals simply require fewer choices. I'm thinking that Crystal Palace in the old days might have had 30-40 choices of main dishes, salads, vegetables, breads, and the kids' buffet. Now you get a choice of 5 entrees, 2 salads, 1 bread and 2 desserts. That has to be significantly cheaper to purchase, prep, cook, and clean up.
playing devils advocate, i am sure you could reduce breakfast to about 12-15 items, much of all the fancy stuff i do not think ever got eaten much. for lunch/dinner too about 5 or 6 meat items, about 6-8 veggies, a few pasta, a couple of bread selections about 22-25 alltogether.

Jon81uk

Who knows what will happen when the pandemic is over, but right now table service is slightly safer as fewer people are moving and interacting. If you are seated then you remain distanced from other guests, rather than getting up, putting a mask back on and going to the cafeteria/buffet counter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom