Disney Cruise Line announces Summer 2022 itineraries

Cruzin_PA

Okay, so it is pretty clear Wish will sail 3/4 night itineraries from Canaveral starting around 6/6. I wonder when they will announce that and open booking?
Wouldn't the wish do some European sailing before making the crossing? I'm interested in when that will be announced.

And why would you want your newest ship sailing short itineraries? Would think 7 or 8 night sailings would be better suited. Move the Magic and Wonder to the short sailings.

ToTBellHop

Wouldn't the wish do some European sailing before making the crossing? I'm interested in when that will be announced.

And why would you want your newest ship sailing short itineraries? Would think 7 or 8 night sailings would be better suited. Move the Magic and Wonder to the short sailings.
They said summer the hole in the schedule appears 6/6/22. Magic is keeping all the European sailings.

3/4 night itineraries are the most-popular (get the most bookings), so of course they want their newest ship doing them an hour away from WDW.

Ford Prefect

I think you would want your new ship kept close at hand on first year and to visit safe ports so I think it will do the 3/4 night Bahamian

ToTBellHop

I think you would want your new ship kept close at hand on first year and to visit safe ports so I think it will do the 3/4 night Bahamian
It’s not theoretical anymore. It is absolutely doing the 3/4 night runs from Canaveral next summer. Might it move after? Sure, but I doubt it. They usually have their newest ships out of Canaveral due to proximity to WDW. I’d expect Fantasy to move elsewhere once ship 6 arrives in a few years.

Ford Prefect

Had booked 2020, then had to rearrange to 2021 now booked for 2022 for our first 3 night Bahamian cruise. Gutted we can’t go on the Dream, depressed about the Wish as think we may lose out to people desperate to go on the new ship.

ToTBellHop

Had booked 2020, then had to rearrange to 2021 now booked for 2022 for our first 3 night Bahamian cruise. Gutted we can’t go on the Dream, depressed about the Wish as think we may lose out to people desperate to go on the new ship.
Do you have any booking priority?

SplashJacket

Then why come to this board?

You haven’t washed your hands until you’ve done so at the Oceaneer’s Club...
Those things are great! I'd love to see them added at the entrance to each restaurant instead of the wipes.

When the Fantasy got its drydock a few years back they added actual sinks to the Cabanas entrances for handwashing, so I wouldn't be surprised if the new ships actually do have handwashing stations at all restaurants entrances.

Cruzin_PA

Those things are great! I'd love to see them added at the entrance to each restaurant instead of the wipes.

When the Fantasy got its drydock a few years back they added actual sinks to the Cabanas entrances for handwashing, so I wouldn't be surprised if the new ships actually do have handwashing stations at all restaurants entrances.
I seem to remember that NCL had some handwash stations on the Breakaway last time I sailed her, and hand sanitizer stations were everywhere with most guests using them. Would be nice especially in the buffet areas as you state.

Germ-fest at sea. No thanks
I would bet that a cruise ship is cleaner than most places you frequent every day. The crew is always cleaning. It just so happens that the media seems to pickup on some outbreaks of illness because they are required to notify the CDC if a certain % of passengers become ill. Unlike your local mall or even an all inclusive resort.

ChuckElias

Would be nice especially in the buffet areas as you state.

I'll be very surprised if there are any serve-yourself buffets when cruising first returns. Maybe after a year or two of not having any Covid outbreaks, they'll come back. But I think when most of us take our next cruise, a crew member will serve us at the traditionally buffet restaurants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom