Best ways to get to the parks early?

Daily Magic

Original Poster
Wondering what everyone’s tips are for getting to parks early for rope drops? Seems like the way to go with the limited operating hours lately is to get there early to get as much done before the parks fill up. Buses/Shuttles from the resorts seems to be the easy way but from my experience I never got from my resort to a park early enough to rope drop so I don’t have them listed in my list below.

The biggest suggestion I’ve seen is take a ride share but I’ve never been sure how that works. If you’re waiting at the gate for 30 minutes to get in is there some kind of crazy extra fee added to the ride share cost?

Here are some thoughts I have and some question marks too:

Magic Kingdom:
- Get a ride share to The Contemporary so you can walk over from there. Might need a reservation at The Contemporary to get through security.
- ???Take a ride share to GF and take the walking path over to MK. (Haven’t seen this mentioned before so don’t know if there is something preventing people from doing this)???

Epcot:
- Ride Share to Boardwalk and walk to the International Gateway
- Ride Share to front of park an hour before opening

Hollywood Studios:
-??? I feel there was a suggestion to ride share to a local resort but don’t know which one has a walking path to HS???

Animal Kingdom:
- ??? Haven’t heard of any walking option for AK, seems that the only choice is driving or taking a bus???

Would love to hear everyone’s thoughts, corrections, or strategies for getting to parks early to rope drop.

NelleBelle

You better have reservations at any resort you plan to ride share to, especially CR and GF, as security checks for why you are there and will turn you away if you don’t have an ADR or are guest of the resort. The other resorts check for this, too (eg BW). Others have mentioned ridesharing to the Speedway and walking to HS from there. I don’t know if it’s any easier to try and go from SwanDolphin resorts? AK there really is no easy option that I’ve heard. Everyone else is pretty much n the same boat, er bus(?j as you though when it comes to AK.

CntrlFlPete

if one is staying on site and can take a bus to the MK, you by pass TTC which can really save some time so back when we would visit, Disney transport to the MK was the best route.

Tabby1395

Is the walkway to MK from Contemproary always open? I read the GF walkway only opens 30 Mins before park opening. And the monorail starts 30 min to park opening? I assume this is posted opening not the (1 Hour) prior that has been occuring

Djsfantasi

Is the walkway to MK from Contemproary always open? I read the GF walkway only opens 30 Mins before park opening. And the monorail starts 30 min to park opening? I assume this is posted opening not the (1 Hour) prior that has been occuring

One Hour Prior hasn’t been happening for a while. Opening is opening and maybe if you’re a resort guest, you can get in 30 minutes prior at any park.

Tabby1395

Yes they are opening the parks early, although attractions themselves are in most cases not operating until the posted time.

Somewhere in the region of 45 minutes before is typical.
Got it,

Do you have any insight on the walkway from GF to MK? Or CR to MK? do they remain open 24 hours? Or what time do they open in the morning?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Got it,

Do you have any insight on the walkway from GF to MK? Or CR to MK? do they remain open 24 hours? Or what time do they open in the morning?
As far as I know they are controlled by security opening the checkpoints, and at the very latest that would be 45 mins prior to posted opening. I'll see if I can find out specifics.

NelleBelle

But there is a security and temperature check point along the path so it’s not like you can just waltz right up to the MK main gate. And they have operating hours. And you have to have legitimate business to get into CR to use the walkway unless you are a guest.

danyoung56

That may have changed since my last visit. It used to be that there was nothing to block you from walking from the MK to the Contemp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom