News Tomorrowland love

fgmnt

The closest you could possibly get to that now is an "Ant-Man in the Quantum Realm!" attraction. If they could use Ant-Man in the parks, that is.
Gotta say, it's too bad the company could not use any of the Marvel intellectual property to plug the hole of a medium intensity, dark ride E-ticket in Tomorrowland, least of all one that also would mesh well with the idea of Tomorrowland being a kind of space port!

For me, this will go down as one of the most baffling decisions made in domestic parks under Iger. You put the sci-fi technology IP in the fantasy space land and you put the fantasy space IP in the technology park. Cracked thinking in the C-suite.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Gotta say, it's too bad the company could not use any of the Marvel intellectual property to plug the hole of a medium intensity, dark ride E-ticket in Tomorrowland, least of all one that also would mesh well with the idea of Tomorrowland being a kind of space port!

For me, this will go down as one of the most baffling decisions made in domestic parks under Iger. You put the sci-fi technology IP in the fantasy space land and you put the fantasy space IP in the technology park. Cracked thinking in the C-suite.

Because original ideas are forbidden these days? Oh wait, they are, because the Bob’s don’t have a creative or original bone in their bodies.

Robbiem

100% agree there were so many fantasy sci fi IPs that you could have used in tomorrowland (Assuming you don’t do anything origina) As well as guardians you have wall e, meet the robinsons, big hero six etc any of which could work, not to mention fox IPs like futurama and the martian (which would work at Epcot)

I don’t get the reasoning behind building Tron next to space mountain either

999th Happy Haunt

100% agree there were so many fantasy sci fi IPs that you could have used in tomorrowland (Assuming you don’t do anything origina) As well as guardians you have wall e, meet the robinsons, big hero six etc any of which could work, not to mention fox IPs like futurama and the martian (which would work at Epcot)

Futurama is such a perfect fit for Tomorrowland, but I doubt Disney will ever want to actually use the property in the parks.

Horizons1

I’m gonna say free space and the power grid; kinda like how TOT and RNR are literally next to each other.

brihow

Did they ever actually clean or repaint the exterior of Space Mountain? I remember some work being seen happening on the top within the past year...

JoeCamel

Did they ever actually clean or repaint the exterior of Space Mountain? I remember some work being seen happening on the top within the past year...
They do the exterior on a regular basis, both cleaning and repainting. They installed a new lighting package on it a few yeas ago.

DVCakaCarlF

Where are things now overall? Will the land be unified in theme and refreshed? I was there Saturday night, and very few of the lighting effects, etc were working. Monsters, stitch, etc? Is there a vision to unite the land with TRON?

owlsandcoffee

Where are things now overall? Will the land be unified in theme and refreshed? I was there Saturday night, and very few of the lighting effects, etc were working. Monsters, stitch, etc? Is there a vision to unite the land with TRON?

Nobody knows. We can guess! But nobody knows. Stitch is dead, Monsters probably will survive but I could see Parks wanting to use the space for something else. No plans to TRONify TL.

N2dru

i saw somewhere a few rendering of tron being put in DL california where nemo and autopia is now......god i hope not lol
Me too!! Even though it's a clone, let MK have it and create something different for California. DL already has more unique/and overall attractions than the MK anyway.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

I would hope that with a leading attraction coming to the land, they would set aside some money to improve/fix/enhance the area around it.

Its like building a 1M home without a sidewalk to the front door, so you have to walk through mud.
They have been, repairs/changes to the support columns, working on people mover, new trash cans etc. Shortened the speedway, things are being changed during this phase.

Bocabear

Now why again don't we have the electric speedway complete with sets and decor? That seems like it would be the easiest of upgrades and make the speedway relevant with the futurist theme of the area...with it's proximity to TRON it could also create a beautiful stylistic bridge between the two styles Tron/Mid-Mod Tomorrowland

willtravel

Now why again don't we have the electric speedway complete with sets and decor? That seems like it would be the easiest of upgrades and make the speedway relevant with the futurist theme of the area...with it's proximity to TRON it could also create a beautiful stylistic bridge between the two styles Tron/Mid-Mod Tomorrowland
Money, Money, Money......... Oh yea.

DVCakaCarlF

They have been, repairs/changes to the support columns, working on people mover, new trash cans etc. Shortened the speedway, things are being changed during this phase.
I’ve seen that, so I have hopes. I’m just afraid the momentum is gone, so getting that engine going again will be another 1-3 years from now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom