they're cutting all the other perks so will they do this?

George Myers

So I guess you are saying that they don't want me there, because I am not willing to be robbed? I don't think that I could make any clearer that I don't care if you spend all YOUR money and all you children's and grandchildren's inheritance to stay in the bubble. What I am saying is that I won't do it and the reasons why. If my reasons make you feel like you are being vilified then by all means do your best to silence those of us with a different opinion. It is your money and your right to spend it where you want. Somebody has to finance the obscene bonus structure for the big Disney bosses. That can be you, that will not be me and I will continue to tour WDW in the manner that I have over the last 38 years.

The highlighted sentence you wrote is absolutely correct. The whole thing boils down to the comparison of the car you mentioned. I can buy a VW for $25000 and you can buy a Rolls Royce for $180,000. Both of us can leave from the same spot and get to the same destination, but one of us will have spent a lot more cash to get there. Personally, if I don't find the value I don't spend that much. You on the other hand feel it is worth it. That is fine, but it doesn't mean that I can't tell you that I prefer the VW and why. If you are secure with your choice you should have no problem with my doing that. If I spent my life worrying about the things the public does that I think are crazy, I wouldn't have any time for anything else and they would have to put me into a padded room. I don't judge others for doing that, but I have to admit that I don't understand the reasoning, but why should I? You probably don't understand my choices when I can afford to do what you do, but choose not too. And that, my friend, is called a discussion with more then one opinion. I was not expecting you to respond by saying... "gee, I'm so glad you posted because you have made me see the errors of my ways and from now on, its Motel 6 all the way".
I have no problem as to how you spend your money. I do have a problem when you make assumptions with regard to how other people should spend their money. One size does not fit all. I try to save wherever I can. At my age, convenience is a priority. Thus DVC and annual pass makes sense to me. I visit 3-4 times a year. I do agree that Disney has limited the perks, and I also believe it is all about the big bosses, however you and I both can decide that enough is enough based on our financial situation.

Goofyernmost

I have no problem as to how you spend your money. I do have a problem when you make assumptions with regard to how other people should spend their money. One size does not fit all. I try to save wherever I can. At my age, convenience is a priority. Thus DVC and annual pass makes sense to me. I visit 3-4 times a year. I do agree that Disney has limited the perks, and I also believe it is all about the big bosses, however you and I both can decide that enough is enough based on our financial situation.
I believe that is what I said. You are assuming that I am saying what you are doing is wrong. I am not, I am just staying that I find it offensively overpriced and stated that I can absorb the magic as I have for 38 years without emptying the bank. What you do is your business but you have turned it into thinking that I am shaming you when I don't care one iota what you do with your money. If every thing I listed is not anything that you think is worthy of my upset, then so be it. I have done both and do not see the value of paying that much extra. You obviously do and should not be upset because I don't.

NickMaio

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I liked how disney was before fast passes. I've experienced it before and with fast passes.
Without fast passes, everyone was on the same playing field. We all waited in line, with no extra long waits for the fp line to go first. The lines moved pretty well without fp lines.
IMO, with fp, we get our 3 allotted passes and ride them. The rest of the lines are so backed up due to fp lane , that's it's a long wait for the headliners. Most of the time we just do our 3 and that's it. I know, that's our choice. BUT I remember when things were equal and the lines moved along pretty well, just like it is now without fp's. All fp's did, IMO, was make unusually long lines everywhere else. I bet there is some form of fp that will come along, and will no longer "be free". I imagine the increasing frustration with lines now is more because of decreased park capacity and not much being open to take in the

Pre FP was really nice.
However, with a little guy and another on the way FP are much easier.
Just don't to pay for those 3 FP's.

Miss Bella

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I liked how disney was before fast passes. I've experienced it before and with fast passes.
Without fast passes, everyone was on the same playing field. We all waited in line, with no extra long waits for the fp line to go first. The lines moved pretty well without fp lines.
IMO, with fp, we get our 3 allotted passes and ride them. The rest of the lines are so backed up due to fp lane , that's it's a long wait for the headliners. Most of the time we just do our 3 and that's it. I know, that's our choice. BUT I remember when things were equal and the lines moved along pretty well, just like it is now without fp's. All fp's did, IMO, was make unusually long lines everywhere else. I bet there is some form of fp that will come along, and will no longer "be free". I imagine the increasing frustration with lines now is more because of decreased park capacity and not much being open to take in the crowds.
I don't think you're in the minority at all. There's a lot of people that feel the same way. If you visit other social media you will see that you are not alone by a long shot.I also prefer Disney before FP+. I liked the old fast pass system.

Since I'm a DVC member, we stay on property and love it. Even before we were DVC, we stayed on property. However, if I were not a DVC member and I had a large family I would stay off property right now. I absolutely think that Disney needs to bring back the FP+ ASAP. Since we go quite often to WDW, we've ridden about every ride. How about the families who've never been there, they saved their money and going for the first time and could be their only time and they spend most of their day in lines. It's time to bring back the FP+ or, I even hate to suggest this, do what UOR does. Put the option out there for unlimited pass or limited pass for the rides. With the way the lines are now, just think how they will be starting in October?? Something needs to change. We're going in April only because my daughter wants to go, we went 3 times last year and I swore I wouldn't go back until the masks were gone. I hate the masks! Where I live, we don't have them anymore and it's amazing! So, we're planning on going again in December, (we do this every year or try to) but will cancel if masks are still around.

runnsally

Since I'm a DVC member, we stay on property and love it. Even before we were DVC, we stayed on property. However, if I were not a DVC member and I had a large family I would stay off property right now. I absolutely think that Disney needs to bring back the FP+ ASAP. Since we go quite often to WDW, we've ridden about every ride. How about the families who've never been there, they saved their money and going for the first time and could be their only time and they spend most of their day in lines. It's time to bring back the FP+ or, I even hate to suggest this, do what UOR does. Put the option out there for unlimited pass or limited pass for the rides. With the way the lines are now, just think how they will be starting in October?? Something needs to change. We're going in April only because my daughter wants to go, we went 3 times last year and I swore I wouldn't go back until the masks were gone. I hate the masks! Where I live, we don't have them anymore and it's amazing! So, we're planning on going again in December, (we do this every year or try to) but will cancel if masks are still around.
First Disney takes away Fastpass and now they mandate a lifesaving piece of fabric...where does it end?

plawren2

First Disney takes away Fastpass and now they mandate a lifesaving piece of fabric...where does it end?
With current crowd levels FP are not necessary, they certainly will come back in some form (for free or fee), as to masks that's not entirely a decision made by WDW alone-and in next few months likely that requirement is removed

spock8113

Oh God help me but I am about to use the two phrases I despise the most in this world regarding Disney's plans:
1) "I can't get my head around" that when it comes to Disney plans 2)"Everything is on the table".
Here endeth the lesson!

plawren2

Oh God help me but I am about to use the two phrases I despise the most in this world regarding Disney's plans:
1) "I can't get my head around" that when it comes to Disney plans 2)"Everything is on the table".
Here endeth the lesson!
Yea we are booked for November, but in terms of planning meals and other details, I suspect it will be August or September before enough information is available to start that level of day planning. Decisions on park hours, EMH, FP and Dining Plans are key and yet may be months before those are known. Also live shows, fireworks etc...

RoyWalley

And what makes you think they won't be ?
Disney CEO Bob Chapek spoke to investors during today's earning call, and briefly commented on Walt Disney World. From 2/11/2021

According to Chapek, attendance grew significantly from Q4 to Q1 thanks to increased capacity at the parks and desire for guests to visit Walt Disney World's theme parks. Bob specifically credited Walt Disney World's industrial engineering team for increasing capacity, which is presumably the installation of plexiglass dividers on many attractions that have seen more guests being loaded into ride vehicles. Capacity is apparently still capped at 35% according to CFO Christine McCarthy, and Bob Chapek mentioned that capacity will be driven by rates of vaccination, but that mask wearing and social distancing is expected for the remainder of the year. Chapek expects masks and distancing at the parks to be gone in 2022.

Last edited:

BaconPancakes

We’re planning to go later this year and we will not be staying at a Disney resort for the first time ever. Too expensive and all the perks are gone. There are much nicer hotels out there for much cheaper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom