Grand Floridian Walkway

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Yes.

7F7647F2-8980-4DE8-94BC-AA55726D5A04.jpeg455D34D4-817B-40C9-AEE4-374BE1EE3A3C.jpeg215A4048-2350-4986-9A67-8DE9AF0501F4.jpegF9770E49-05A2-47E1-9186-7160EA4AE765.jpegCB06ECF6-C368-408E-8BEB-85484CB9A729.jpeg

dmw

In the Parks
No
Makes for a great morning run!
so jealous! We stayed at the Poly in 2019 and I was very disappointed by the running "trail". My two favorite resorts for running are POR/POFQ (run between the resorts) and AOA/POP (run around Hourglass Lake). I think the walkway from GF to MK would be at the top of my list. Probably very little traffic, wonderful views...

buckeyegator

how long is the walk from mk to grand floridian and/or contemporary?would rather walk to there and get on bus to disney springs rather than go through all the hassle of going back to my resort.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Let's put it this way... it's just over a mile from the GF to the CR, with the MK being about 60% of the way from the GF and the CR being about 40%.

buckeyegator

so 10-15 minutes tops? it takes longer to get from mk to the transportation center, then about an hour, if lucky, back to the resort then to disney springs. with luck, you can get there by walking in 30-40 minutes max.

nickys

Premium Member
so 10-15 minutes tops? it takes longer to get from mk to the transportation center, then about an hour, if lucky, back to the resort then to disney springs. with luck, you can get there by walking in 30-40 minutes max.
Just to remind you the resort buses are right outside MK, not at the Transportation Center.

buckeyegator

yeah, but with so many staying at value resorts, where we usually stay, it could be 2 or 3 cycles before you get a bus, so, it seems easier to walk to a resort then catch a bus there, just my opinion.

Skibum1970

We walked this last week and it was easy and quick. I think that it took us about 10-15 minutes but I was also trying to take some pictures of the monorail and just enjoying warm weather. If I were in a hurry, I'd say that I could cover it in ten minutes. It's just hard to hurry when you can just relax.

From Grand Floridian, the first stop of the monorail on the resort beam is the Magic Kingdom and it is the fastest method. Walking and the boats would be the next step. Walking provides the greatest flexibility, obviously. If I were parking at TTC, I think that the only reason I would walk from there was if I didn't trust the monorails/ferry boats or I wanted the exercise.

From the original question, I'm guessing that you were staying at GF and thus monorail still wins out.

Mickey2minnie1

My 18 year daughter and I walked back from MK to the GF in December excited to not have to wait for transportation. Let me say, we were both very uncomfortable in the dark. Only a couple of people did we pass and lighting was poor. The woods were to the right and pitch dark. Then two deer jumped out from the woods and scared us to death. I just wasn’t expecting that type of experience. Needs better lighting! We were so glad to be on GF grounds. Just my experience the first time. Maybe now it is better??

Raxel7851

Original Poster
My 18 year daughter and I walked back from MK to the GF in December excited to not have to wait for transportation. Let me say, we were both very uncomfortable in the dark. Only a couple of people did we pass and lighting was poor. The woods were to the right and pitch dark. Then two deer jumped out from the woods and scared us to death. I just wasn’t expecting that type of experience. Needs better lighting! We were so glad to be on GF grounds. Just my experience the first time. Maybe now it is better??
Looking at the pics, there seems to be a good amount of pathway lights.

Raxel7851

Original Poster
I apologize in advance if this question has been answered previously. I was looking on a WDW map today and it looks like there’s a walkway from the GF to the Poly. So I’m thinking you can walk between the 2 resorts.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I apologize in advance if this question has been answered previously. I was looking on a WDW map today and it looks like there’s a walkway from the GF to the Poly. So I’m thinking you can walk between the 2 resorts.
You can, but you have to walk through the grounds of the GF and past the Beach pool in order to access it. The walkways do not connect. (MK to GF, GF to Poly)

csupinski

I'm glad they finally connected this pathway to the Grand Floridian. I always wondered why they even had a pathway up to the water (where the bridge is currently). I very rarely saw anyone walk to the end, even I only did that a few times.

Attachments

• DSC01278.jpeg
    DSC01278.jpeg
    257.4 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC01050.jpeg
    DSC01050.jpeg
    312.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 5ABE8070-7A3B-4185-A4CB-1D071042BFDF.jpeg
    5ABE8070-7A3B-4185-A4CB-1D071042BFDF.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 68

Animaniac93-98

I'm glad they finally connected this pathway to the Grand Floridian. I always wondered why they even had a pathway up to the water (where the bridge is currently). I very rarely saw anyone walk to the end, even I only did that a few times.

They started "Walk Around the World" in 1994 and...just never finished it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom