News Evermore Orlando Resort - new billion-dollar, 10,000-room resort project is coming right next to Walt Disney World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My only complaint is that, from the outside, the Conrad looks like the old Ramada or Holiday Inn's from the 60's and 70's. Still, I'll be curious about staying here. I have not stayed offsite in a long time and this could be an option. I first wanted to try either Hilton Bonnet Creek or the Waldorf, assuming that I don't cave in to preference and reserve onsite.

...you’ll cave

Bocabear

There is actually a real estate BOOM going on down here in Florida... and Booms are never needed... but there is not enough inventory and houses are selling quickly...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There is actually a real estate BOOM going on down here in Florida... and Booms are never needed... but there is not enough inventory and houses are selling quickly...

The problem with Florida real estate is their propensity to go off the deep end en masse...and then you have a dumpster dive for 10 years.

How many cranes are up along I-4 right now? That’s the best indicator that it’s gotten out of control.

Touchdown

With all the boomers retiring, I think Florida is going to be swimming in retirement money for a while. It won’t be until the average boomer gets to 75 that the money will dry up. 65-70 is the get up and go part of retirement, 70-75 is the transition time, 75+ is the sit back and relax portion of retirement. 2nd homes are a big desire of that first set.

Bocabear

in the last 20 years we had a boom in the early 200s...a slight (ever so slight) slump, then a slow and steady rise... that has continued until this year where it has jumped... The slump was not a huge loss... Just a slight curve down and then it rose again... With everyone wanting to retire down here, there seems to be no end in sight for the Real Estate business...

Lilofan

You're not kidding. Not just in Florida. In my relatives area, real estate agents are going door to door.
" Do you plan to sell your house in the future ?"
" Do you know any of your family friends or neighbors that are planning to sell their house in the future ?"

With such low inventory is some areas and so many interested buyers , real estate agents are getting desperate.

This in addition to getting text messages and phone calls from real estate agents and others interested in buying your house.

Last edited:

whiterhino42

With Disney close to removing literally every benefit of booking at their hotel (no Magical Express, no EMH, fastpass may not return) options like this become much more attractive to people. Spend half the money for a better hotel that's right outside the gate.

As a DVC member I see the value of my membership continue to go down year after year.
Yup I've always stayed on property but I don't know that I will anymore.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I must be very sick... every time I see the NAME of this Hotel? All I can think of is EA Poe, and a Raven screaming...
"Nevermore" 😅

Attachments

• Nevermore.jpg
    Nevermore.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 170

Figments Friend

Crikey......

How much more overdevelopment of Florida land can happen before the entire State sinks into the ocean?

It is nuts how literally every square foot of cleared space seems to be filled at a breakneck speed.
The expanse of building has been insane over the last thirty years.

-

Brian

Crikey......

How much more overdevelopment of Florida land can happen before the entire State sinks into the ocean?

It is nuts how literally every square foot of cleared space seems to be filled at a breakneck speed.
The expanse of building has been insane over the last thirty years.

-
Doesn't matter how big or small the project is, you can count on there being absolutely no road improvements made to compensate for the additional traffic it'll bring. They put up massive apartment complexes and housing developments and expect everyone to use the same one lane road every day.

Figments Friend

Doesn't matter how big or small the project is, you can count on there being absolutely no road improvements made to compensate for the additional traffic it'll bring. They put up massive apartment complexes and housing developments and expect everyone to use the same one lane road every day.

YES!!
This.

A part of me really misses the Florida of the early 1980s before things grew out of hand.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom