Vintage Live-audio recordings of Attractions from Disneyland.

RedzRobinz

Original Poster
Hello, I want to ask if anyone has any rare live audio recordings of disneyland attractions or knows where to find them. I'm looking for these because of mainly research purposes. I'm mainly looking for stuff from the 70's, 80s, and maybe 90s. Attraction recordings I am looking for the most are the original Fantasyland dark rides, It's a Small World, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Adventure Thru Inner Space but I will be grateful of any audio that isn't any of those attractions. I have already found 3 such as a 1971 recording of the original Alice In Wonderland attraction, Haunted Mansion recordings from 1973 and 1976. If anyone has a legitimate answer then that would fantastic.

Last edited:

Stevek

Do you have the Disneyland Forever audio?
Those aren't live though.

I have a couple live Peoplemover recordings from 1974 and 1976, adventure thru innerspace phones, Disneyland Railroad Narrations from 74, 76, 90, 2001, Billy Hill, a couple of Jungle Cruise Recordings, Keelboats, Monorail 76, 2001...probably some other stuff if I had time to go through itunes.

RedzRobinz

Original Poster
Those aren't live though.

I have a couple live Peoplemover recordings from 1974 and 1976, adventure thru innerspace phones, Disneyland Railroad Narrations from 74, 76, 90, 2001, Billy Hill, a couple of Jungle Cruise Recordings, Keelboats, Monorail 76, 2001...probably some other stuff if I had time to go through itunes.
Splendid! Very pleased to hear that! Peoplemover is definetly an interesting one. Is there anywhere I can find these recordings or have you not shared them before?

Stevek

Splendid! Very pleased to hear that! Peoplemover is definetly an interesting one. Is there anywhere I can find these recordings or have you not shared them before?
I got them from a guy name Patrick Hurd (he was a co-host on Window to the Magic) as part of a multi-cd collection (4GB, something like 90+ CDs), many years ago. Not sure if they've ever been shared by him beyond those CDs. Don't think they've shown up on mousebits either.

RedzRobinz

Original Poster
I got them from a guy name Patrick Hurd (he was a co-host on Window to the Magic) as part of a multi-cd collection (4GB, something like 90+ CDs), many years ago. Not sure if they've ever been shared by him beyond those CDs. Don't think they've shown up on mousebits either.
Ah I see. Do you happen to know the name of the cd collection?

Stevek

Ah I see. Do you happen to know the name of the cd collection?
The Disneyland Collection

Front.jpg

TP2000

Do you have the Disneyland Forever audio?

Wasn't that a great set?! You've reminded me I need to open that up and enjoy it again, it's been too long.

It makes me wonder, will we ever see another era like the 2000's when they released so much great stuff like that for the fans? The Walt Disney Presents DVD's, the Disneyland CD's and historical stuff around the 50th, etc.

They just aren't doing that sort of thing with Disney+, and they aren't streaming any of it either. :(

SuddenStorm

Wasn't that a great set?! You've reminded me I need to open that up and enjoy it again, it's been too long.

It makes me wonder, will we ever see another era like the 2000's when they released so much great stuff like that for the fans? The Walt Disney Presents DVD's, the Disneyland CD's and historical stuff around the 50th, etc.

They just aren't doing that sort of thing with Disney+, and they aren't streaming any of it either. :(

It amazes me that they still haven't released World of Color, Disneyland Forever (the fireworks show), Paint the Night, new Fantasmic, etc. They did release the awful Mickey's Mix Magic song, as well as the Magic Happens song. But most tracks don't get any official release- not on streaming, not as park CD's, nothing.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

Yes those were great times. You'd have deluxe edition Laserdiscs and DVDs with premium packaging and multiple discs full of hours of bonus features.

I just watched my Pinocchio laserdisc yesterday which is a massive box set and had a full sized framed art lithograph, one disc of the movie, a second disc "making of" documentary, and a soundtrack CD. Practically every Disney movie had one of these box sets back then.

Those Walt Disney Treasure DVDs are great and still fetch a high price to this day.

5 years ago they were doing their "Legacy Collection" CDs which had classic movie soundtracks with unreleased songs, but even that seems to have ended.

I cancelled my Disney+ after my free year since I already own all their movies and am not into Marvel.

Last edited:

Stevek

It amazes me that they still haven't released World of Color, Disneyland Forever (the fireworks show), Paint the Night, new Fantasmic, etc. They did release the awful Mickey's Mix Magic song, as well as the Magic Happens song. But most tracks don't get any official release- not on streaming, not as park CD's, nothing.
Yeah, there hasn't been a physical park release in quite a while. The 60th Legacy Collection, Cars Land and Rivers of Light (which may have gotten pulled or was limited) were the last physical releases I recall. There was also the Pandora iTunes release (I absolutely love the song "Bossa" for some reason).

I know Randy Thornton was leading Disney's park related music releases for years, seems he's gone dark. I does seem like Disney is missing the boat when they don't even release a digital version of all the new shows, parades, rides, etc like you outlined above.

There are rumors of a new official album but not sure if that's for Disneyland or WDW as part of their 50th. They really missed the boat if they don't release a massive 50th box set for WDW.

FYI, here's a fan recreation of the new Epcot Entrance loop. They apparently spent the time editing it to match the actual loop exactly vs just playing the full track of each song in the loop.

CaptinEO

Yeah, there hasn't been a physical park release in quite a while. The 60th Legacy Collection, Cars Land and Rivers of Light (which may have gotten pulled or was limited) were the last physical releases I recall. There was also the Pandora iTunes release (I absolutely love the song "Bossa" for some reason).

I know Randy Thornton was leading Disney's park related music releases for years, seems he's gone dark. I does seem like Disney is missing the boat when they don't even release a digital version of all the new shows, parades, rides, etc like you outlined above.

There are rumors of a new official album but not sure if that's for Disneyland or WDW as part of their 50th. They really missed the boat if they don't release a massive 50th box set for WDW.

FYI, here's a fan recreation of the new Epcot Entrance loop. They apparently spent the time editing it to match the actual loop exactly vs just playing the full track of each song in the loop.

I remember reading a blog release about how the Disneyland Legacy Collection would be in the parks on a certain day (about 3 weeks before it'd be available online). I went to 4 or 5 different stores and none of the employees knew what I was talking about.

They surprisingly do still sell new copies of the early 2000s CDs for Pirates and Haunted Mansion inside Disneyland (even vinyl picture discs as well). But the 60th is the last time we've had new tracks released in Disneyland as physical media.

I recall there was a huge 6 CD box set for Disneyland's 50th. There's so much Disney can do in terms of home media. Captain EO, Magic Journeys, Honey I Shrunk The Audience, Muppets 3D, It's Tough To Be a Bug, would all be great on 3D Bluray. Heck throw in things like Golden Dreams, Living With The Land, and that 50th Anniversary Disneyland Steve Martin Film just for the sake of it.

Stevek

And... now this thread doesn't relate to the topic at all.
You haven't been around here long have you. Every topic gets tangents, at least we aren't talking about Newsom, Covid or the Vaccine.

You kinda got the answer you asked for right? I'm sure that if someone has something else to contribute they will do so. If you would prefer I delete my posts I'm happy to do so.

As to your original question, there are plenty of live recordings floating around out there. I saw you requested at mousebits so that may be your best bet. There are also plenty of fan made compilations out there. Rick Conant created multi disc 50th and 60th collections. If you haven't checked it out, try https://disneychris.com/ for a large collection of Disneyland music/soundtracks.

RedzRobinz

Original Poster
You haven't been around here long have you. Every topic gets tangents, at least we aren't talking about Newsom, Covid or the Vaccine.

You kinda got the answer you asked for right? I'm sure that if someone has something else to contribute they will do so. If you would prefer I delete my posts I'm happy to do so.

As to your original question, there are plenty of live recordings floating around out there. I saw you requested at mousebits so that may be your best bet. There are also plenty of fan made compilations out there. Rick Conant created multi disc 50th and 60th collections. If you haven't checked it out, try https://disneychris.com/ for a large collection of Disneyland music/soundtracks.
Well yes as you see my profile says "new member". Sorry it's kind of annoying when someone posts something on your thread that doesn't realate to the topic. Yes I did find what I was looking for and you are literally the only person who was actually helpful. On Mousebits not many people are helpful. I visit Disneychris.com pretty much on a daily basis and sometimes help contribute to the site.

Brer Oswald

Yes those were great times. You'd have deluxe edition Laserdiscs and DVDs with premium packaging and multiple discs full of hours of bonus features.

I just watched my Pinocchio laserdisc yesterday which is a massive box set and had a full sized framed art lithograph, one disc of the movie, a second disc "making of" documentary, and a soundtrack CD. Practically every Disney movie had one of these box sets back then.

Those Walt Disney Treasure DVDs are great and still fetch a high price to this day.

5 years ago they were doing their "Legacy Collection" CDs which had classic movie soundtracks with unreleased songs, but even that seems to have ended.

I cancelled my Disney+ after my free year since I already own all their movies and am not into Marvel.
The Walt Disney Treasures sets were spectacular. A few years back, I bought "Mickey Mouse in Living Color" and "Your Host Walt Disney", sealed for $50 each. I am reluctant to open them.

A few years back, I got "Disneyland USA" as a gift. Unfortunately, the DVD player I played it in warped the disc and it's unwatchable now. Thankfully, I got to see the whole thing through once.

Brer Oswald

On Mousebits, there's a collection called "The Magical Music of Disneyland 25 Disc Collection". It doesn't have everything, but it is the most comprehensive collection of tracks from the first 55 years of the park's history. Tons of great audio.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom