Disneys new ad campaign "tomorrow starts today"

TTLUTS

Original Poster
This new ad campaign should say be more like this:

"Hey WDW fans, we've taken away the Dining Plan, Fast Pass, EMH, fireworks, shows, parades, entertainment, street performers, musicians, arcades, some restaurants, Magical Express beginning next year and the parks are crowded as hell but still come spend all of your money on our over priced hotels and tickets so we can make money!"

I think the only real people traveling are the DVC members who would otherwise lose points and local AP holders or people within driving distance.

I think is is disingenuous to send these ads out while having all these major cutbacks, especially when their competition at Universal continues to offer a lot more and at better prices. It's not like they can't bring back some of these options while being safe (Universal does), it's that they wont because it costs money

JIMINYCR

Nope. Lots of people who are not DVC members are going to WDW. Us included. Theres nothing wrong with Disney putting out an upbeat ad thats promoting their parks. Especially since we are starting to see progress in vaccinating throughout the country and people starting to feel more confident about the future. Yes there are many things not going on as in the past, but everyone recognizes that its Covid driven. So each family must make their informed decision whether a trip under these circimstances is worth it for them. Apparently its not for you. Disney is Disney and Uni is Uni. Each is operating their businesses as they deem safe. How they differ with crowds and distancing will be different. If Disney was operating as Uni listen to the outcry about how unsafe they are. A huge segment of people dont even want Disney open. And as far as pricing.... theres always going to be a pricing difference between the two, and if you cant afford to go Disney you have other options.

Tabby1395

To Speak more on the point,

A WDW vacation is actually quite good value right now if your willing to stomach the COVID risks. Flights from most west coast cities are 20 to 30 Cents on the dollar as too November of this year. Not to mention most WDW Hotels are also at a big discount. From an overall cost perspective your getting a COVID discount to travel in this middle time when a low % of population is vaccinated and people are still weary. In 1 year from now leading to Summer of 2022, you will still not be fully back to a Pre Pandemic operation, yet the cost of going will be priced for a population with Herd Immunity, not Partial Immunity. If you do your homework and prepare well its actually a great time for a WDW vacation.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

"Hey WDW fans, we've taken away the Dining Plan, Fast Pass, EMH, fireworks, shows, parades, entertainment, street performers, musicians, arcades, some restaurants, Magical Express beginning next year and the parks are crowded as hell but still come spend all of your money on our over priced hotels and tickets so we can make money!"

I think the only real people traveling are the DVC members who would otherwise lose points and local AP holders or people within driving distance.

I think is is disingenuous to send these ads out while having all these major cutbacks, especially when their competition at Universal continues to offer a lot more and at better prices. It's not like they can't bring back some of these options while being safe (Universal does), it's that they wont because it costs money
Bro, the Internet is a big place. Maybe another website might be more your speed.

TTLUTS

Original Poster
Nope. Lots of people who are not DVC members are going to WDW. Us included. Theres nothing wrong with Disney putting out an upbeat ad thats promoting their parks. Especially since we are starting to see progress in vaccinating throughout the country and people starting to feel more confident about the future. Yes there are many things not going on as in the past, but everyone recognizes that its Covid driven. So each family must make their informed decision whether a trip under these circimstances is worth it for them. Apparently its not for you. Disney is Disney and Uni is Uni. Each is operating their businesses as they deem safe. How they differ with crowds and distancing will be different. If Disney was operating as Uni listen to the outcry about how unsafe they are. A huge segment of people dont even want Disney open. And as far as pricing.... theres always going to be a pricing difference between the two, and if you cant afford to go Disney you have other options.
We can agree to disagree.........I do believe you are in the minority though..........The majority of guests are those who are not traveling (more of the local AP holders) and the hotel guests are DVC members, they even reported it on their last couple of earnings calls...........Point is, Disney keeps removing incentives and Disney expects people to continue to book like they haven't and i don't think they will

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
We can agree to disagree.........I do believe you are in the minority though..........The majority of guests are those who are not traveling (more of the local AP holders) and the hotel guests are DVC members, they even reported it on their last couple of earnings calls...........Point is, Disney keeps removing incentives and Disney expects people to continue to book like they haven't and i don't think they will
There's a pandemic on if you haven't heard. It's in all the papers.

Disstevefan1

In my mind, although what the OP says is true, WDW must do these promotions! The more families they can get to go to WDW in its current state, the more money they can potentially make! Costs are way down, prices are going up as usual, WDW makes even more money then when in normal operation!

TTLUTS

Original Poster
No way Jose....I am in favor of a paid FP system
I think paid FP would satisfy everyone.......would limit the number of FP given out, thus keeping stand by guests happier compared to the current FP system while also satisfying the planners/resort guests that like/need to book months in advance, knowing they will get to ride what they want

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I think paid FP would satisfy everyone.......would limit the number of FP given out, thus keeping stand by guests happier compared to the current FP system while also satisfying the planners/resort guests that like/need to book months in advance, knowing they will get to ride what they want
Paid FP at Universal and Disneyland are not plan-in-advance products.

CntrlFlPete

personally, we enjoyed the parks w/o FastPass when we went late last year. Was nice that lines kept moving, I do not mind queues that don't have long stops.

We dropped our AP's some 9 or so years ago (before FPplus) as the value had eroded for us. As for cost, FL res tickets are around $50 a day for a four day ticket. It has been more than a few years since prices were in this range.

I believe many tourist (International as well) are currently visiting central FL as we enter the spring break season.

TTLUTS

Original Poster
personally, we enjoyed the parks w/o FastPass when we went late last year. Was nice that lines kept moving, I do not mind queues that don't have long stops.

We dropped our AP's some 9 or so years ago (before FPplus) as the value had eroded for us. As for cost, FL res tickets are around $50 a day for a four day ticket. It has been more than a few years since prices were in this range.

I believe many tourist (International as well) are currently visiting central FL as we enter the spring break season.
Im not sure about the international part

eliza61nyc

And you would be wrong. There are many people traveling to WDW for vacation.

Obviously you no longer like the place but plenty of other people do

TTLUTS

Original Poster
And you would be wrong. There are many people traveling to WDW for vacation.

Obviously you no longer like the place but plenty of other people do
Not true....I love it......I'm a DVC member and I bought in BLT the year it opened........It just angers me that Disney is removing all the perks that cost money while still trying to pitch it as business as usual

eliza61nyc

So according to Disney they are sold out. All these people are not dvc members.

Truthfully I think folks here are simply mad that everyone is not branching pitch forks like they are.
I get it every one hates the price but the fact is there are a number of people who STILL find value in their Disney vacations

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom