News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

pdude81

It's useful for deciding whether or not to increase park hours in the future once masks are gone. But I think they can do much of that with dated tickets and hotel reservations. So hopefully this ends when social distancing and masks are no longer necessary.

How far in advance can you book your park tickets? We're not going until '22 but I will probably book our hotel at least a year in advance. So, if I book my hotel say, August 2021 for Aug. 2022 can I book the park tickets too?

techgeek

It is not just cost control, it allows for crowd control on a much stronger level.

Are park reservations the foundation for the Genie app?

It’s hard to imagine they would ever shut down such a valuable source of forecasting data now that they have it and have trained their guests to provide it.

I have my doubts Genie will ever deliver the experience advertised, much like the historical flaws with MyMagic / FP+... at least on the guest facing side. Those spreadsheets making the decisions these days need lots of inputs though, so I would expect the trend to be for more data, never less.

nickys

Premium Member
I suspect this is simply to drive more people to book their park tickets now for 2022

Packages are on sale for the first half of 2022. So people will now start booking. By having the reservation system in place still Disney hope the thinking will be “oh, we better get those tickets so we can book the parks in case they book out”.

Result - more money now instead of people waiting until just before tickets are needed for fastpasses, for example. Pre Covid a lot of people would wait and buy tickets a few days before their 60 day mark. This is trying to get the cash now.

jinx8402

How far in advance can you book your park tickets? We're not going until '22 but I will probably book our hotel at least a year in advance. So, if I book my hotel say, August 2021 for Aug. 2022 can I book the park tickets too?
They just opened up reservations to mid Jan 2023. Assuming you have valid tickets for the time you want to go, you can make reservations that far out.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Park Passes for APs were just replenished -

Before -

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 9.28.17 AM.png

After -

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 9.59.30 AM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom