Disneyland, Universal and other California theme parks can reopen April 1 - OCR/SCNG

Emmanuel

I think there needs to be clarification on “time constraints” because I have no clue what it means by that.

DLR>WDW

No, nothing is explicity stated that indoor rides cannot operate. What the guidelines only say is “Indoor capacity max 15% with time restrictions.” Not sure what that means for Rise of the Resistance... but prepare for a highly reduced experience.

Californian Elitist

It won't be enough until politicians who have never worked at or even been to a theme park before stop telling theme parks how and when they can operate.

This is all such a joke. We are the laughingstock of the country. Disneyland is still closed. No foreigners allowed.
Who is laughing? Did you honestly think the parks would immediately open without restrictions when that time came?

Those with certain political beliefs often love the idea of having no foreigners.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
I don't normally share these type of things, but I want the exact wording.

An e-mail from a very senior DLR CM...

>>
Hello!

The State of California announced today a path for theme parks to reopen! Attached is the press release. Also, see the attached OC Register article.

Details:

All theme parks (large and small) are now treated the same.

Red Tier- Theme parks may open at 15% capacity with no indoor dining. CA only guests.

Orange Tier- Theme parks may open at 25% capacity with indoor dining. CA only guests

Yellow Tier- Theme parks may open at 35% capacity. CA only guests

The CDPH chart of what can/can’t open in each tier has been updated for amusement parks (last item on the chart):

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/CDPH%20Document%20Library/COVID-19/Dimmer-Framework-September_2020.pdf

We are working with the administration over the next few weeks to finalize the theme park guidance. According to the state, theme parks may not open until April 1.

Here is Disney’s statement:

“We are encouraged that theme parks now have a path toward reopening this spring, getting thousands of people back to work and greatly helping neighboring businesses and our entire community. With responsible Disney safety protocols already implemented around the world, we can’t wait to welcome our Guests back and look forward to sharing an opening date soon.”

More details to follow regarding our reopening timeline.

It’s a HAPPY FRIDAY, indeed!<<

DLR>WDW

Hmm, ABC News’ article states:
While the rides will be moving again, indoor attractions will remain closed. Also, the park will be operating at 15% capacity and only California residents will be allowed to visit.
Either bad reporting or they know something that we don’t. Something to keep an eye on..

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
And this has been added to the OC Register Article.

>>Knott’s Berry Farm, whose Taste of Boysenberry Festival kicked off without rides on Friday, March 5 and is scheduled to continue through May 2, also applauded the move.

“We’re looking forward to seeing the specific details and guidelines in the coming weeks that will help inform our plans for reopening,” Knott’s officials said in a statement.<<

George Lucas on a Bench

It won't be enough until politicians who have never worked at or even been to a theme park before stop telling theme parks how and when they can operate.

This is all such a joke. We are the laughingstock of the country. Disneyland is still closed. No foreigners allowed.

CNN is reporting that Disneyland is now surrounded by a caravan of people wearing "Chapek Let Us In" shirts.

Kiwiduck

Thank you so much for caring about the needs of foreigners as it relates to Disneyland attendance, I'm sure your concerns are completely sincere.

However, in the real world who gives a toss that foreigners (or even out of state people) can't attend Disneyland for now, there are more than enough Californians to fill the limited capacity it will open with. As the situation improves further, capacity can increase and they can widen the people who can attend.

You've been going on incessantly about the economic effects of the shut-down for a year now, here is your chance to put your money where your mouth is: go along to Disneyland when it opens, buy a souvenir, spend a night in a motel, buy a soda at the 7-11 and eat some pancakes at the Dennys. Spend the money the foreigners cant!

el_super

You've gone on and on for months, but still aren't happy.

It was never about the park opening. They never cared about that. It was just an easy way to force their politics into the conversation.

And now those conversations will pivot from "Disney has to open now" to "Disney can't possibly open now." Those mindless Sacramento bureaucrats will just be replaced with mindless TDA cubical drones. They will change back from playing up Disney as a hapless victim to Disney being the clumsy fool that's only successful from dumb luck.

Give it a few months and I'm sure there will be a recall Potrock campaign.

el_super

When a politician makes rules that destroy my businesses and hurt the lives of the employees I employ I do not consider that rent-free.

No. That's not how this works. We, the public, made rules to keep people safe. Those politicians act on our behalf and enact the will of the people. We, the people of California enacted a law in 1995 that gave the state the power to keep us safe.

Thinking that public health policy shouldn't be a priority is as tone deaf as complaining about how the ADA, Health Insurance, Minimum Wages and keeping rats out of a restaurant "hurt" small businesses.

mickEblu

GREAT NEWS!!! 🙌🙌🙌🙌

Once again, the Disneyland Gods are speaking to me to let me know that I am the Glue that holds Disneyland together.

I didn’t renew my pass and they shut down a week later for a year. A week ago I said I was done spending time on this site until we had some positive news and here we are. Coincidence? I think not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom