News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

Disney Analyst

The tattoo wall may have had a bigger effect on my opinion of the room than I realized. The room looks significantly better to me in the angle where I can't see that wall. Still doesn't seem worth the price tag, although that's not entirely because of the room -- never been a huge fan of the Polynesian to begin with, especially after they changed the lobby.

I don't think any resort is worth the prices they charge for a Deluxe, unless it's all-inclusive.

UNCgolf

I don't think any resort is worth the prices they charge for a Deluxe, unless it's all-inclusive.

Oh, I agree. That's why I usually stay at Port Orleans Riverside, which is still overpriced but far more reasonable. But if I had to pick a deluxe, I'd pick AKL, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, BC/YC, and Wilderness Lodge over the Polynesian.

dreday3

Oh, I agree. That's why I usually stay at Port Orleans Riverside, which is still overpriced but far more reasonable. But if I had to pick a deluxe, I'd pick AKL, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, BC/YC, and Wilderness Lodge over the Polynesian.

I would pick Yacht over any of them!

But very excited to try out Gran Destino.

UNCgolf

I would pick Yacht over any of them!

But very excited to try out Gran Destino.

I think Boardwalk is my favorite -- love the theme there. It's really well done, and the porch with the rocking chairs is wonderful.

Animal Kingdom Lodge would be the best if transportation wasn't an issue, but it takes a lot longer to get to/from there than basically anywhere else.

SorcererMC

It might have violated Disney’s internal cultural sensitivity guidelines for Moana. The quoted tweet comes from a person who works for Disney Consumer Products as an illustrator.

I think that royal street person needs to get a grip. Here are some examples from Moana of how these designs with the same kind of coloration are employed.
moana-disneyscreencaps.com-414.jpg
moana-disneyscreencaps.com-2804.jpg
moana-disneyscreencaps.com-2725.jpg

Disney Analyst

I'd only likely be willing to splurge on AKL, mostly because you can have the animal view, which is a pretty big bonus to me.

DisneyNorthFan

Looks like a nice, clean upgrade, with enough whimsy to make Disney IP fans happy, but not so much to overtly turn off those that want an escape from the parks ... at least for the most part, or in the extreme. The rooms alone, across any category, don't justify the premium Disney charges. If you were making your hotel decision on the room interior alone, Disney would never win. But the location, amenities, and grounds are a big part of why Disney charges a premium, and people pay it. I certainly feel nickel & dimed by Disney these days, and they are cutting perks left & right, but no other off-site property can provide the total experience of a Disney property. There are definitely top tier off property resorts that have better rooms than Disney vs. a Disney deluxe, but it would be hard to argue that they have better overall resort amenities. Whether the premium is worth it is an individual choice, but you can't say that the overall Polynesian resort isn't somewhere very special to stay.

UNCgolf

I'd only likely be willing to splurge on AKL, mostly because you can have the animal view, which is a pretty big bonus to me.

Yep. It's also a gorgeous resort overall that puts most of the others to shame, and it has excellent dining options.

I like the Boardwalk (and BC/YC to a lesser extent) because of the location. Can walk to EPCOT (and DHS if you were inclined), and I think it's perfectly themed. Still don't want to stay there for the price they're charging.

DC0703

Bunch of photos here that I didn’t didnt see:

These pictures make me like the design a lot more. The official promotional pictures play up the Moana angle and make it seem much more prominent. For example, I thought the framed picture on the side wall by the bed was mostly of Moana. Now I see it is a large tropical picture with Moana at the very bottom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom