What’s wrong with Zach Ridley?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
We get this great entrance out of this guy but yet we get this Harmonious obstruction and what looks to be a nightmare of a new central spine. They tear down half of Innoventions for what looks like is going to be a nightmare and many scale backs. I’m starting to wonder if this guys even going to have a job when all this is done. If he were to put the love and detail into the rest of the park he put into the entrance we could have a great transformation right now even if the park isn’t about technology.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I'll wait and see the final product. I remember many thinking all was lost with DCA at one point awhile ago when it was going through a transition, and the construction mess that went along with it.
I had faith in that one all along and their show hardware was done right.

Cmdr_Crimson

Oh geeze....
sIr0Bif.gif

Nottamus

A really nice house, when being built, looks like a mess. Dirt lot, building materials piled and all over the place, house just framed ...just a mess

when it’s done, it’s a beautiful house and yard

now I’m not directing this anywhere at all, just personally waiting until it’s all completed ...and then I will judge!

I for one, am kind of excited about what’s going to happen...as much as I’ll miss the old (Illuminations especially).

I’m pretty sure I’m just directing this post inward, as my wife hates all the changes happening , and I’m watching with a curious eye..

Last edited:

HuffsAhoy

In the Parks
No
We get this great entrance out of this guy but yet we get this Harmonious obstruction and what looks to be a nightmare of a new central spine. They tear down half of Innoventions for what looks like is going to be a nightmare and many scale backs. I’m starting to wonder if this guys even going to have a job when all this is done. If he were to put the love and detail into the rest of the park he put into the entrance we could have a great transformation right now even if the park isn’t about technology.
I gave him a call last night and he confirmed he is doing this just to troll Epcot purists. Happy Thursday!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
A really nice house, when being built, looks like a mess. Dirt lot, building materials piled and all over the place, house just framed ...just a mess

when it’s done, it’s a beautiful house and yard

now I’m not directing this anywhere at all, just personally waiting until it’s all completed ...and then I will judge!

I for one, am kind of excited about what’s going to happen...as much as I’ll miss the old (Illuminations especially).

I’m pretty sure I’m just directing this post inward, as my wife hates all the chafed happening , and I’m watching with a curious eye..
Harmonious hardware is rediculous, Those innoventions buildings were terrible looking and either had to go or be renovated, the play pavilion is a great idea, the entrance looks great but leave some things alone.

Nottamus

Harmonious hardware is rediculous, Those innoventions buildings were terrible looking and either had to go or be renovated, the play pavilion is a great idea, the entrance looks great but leave some things alone.
Yeah, I haven’t been there yet since they showed up ...I’m hoping somehow.....just somehow ....they become transparent.

I don’t see how either...I mean, I really liked the sunsets there around world showcase. Now..it’s gonna be weird.
Still, I’m hoping those things perform like Evil Knievel Over 20 buses. Not Fonzie jumping something at Arnold’s

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Yeah, I haven’t been there yet since they showed up ...I’m hoping somehow.....just somehow ....they become transparent.

I don’t see how either...I mean, I really liked the sunsets there around world showcase. Now..it’s gonna be weird.
Still, I’m hoping those things perform like Evil Knievel Over 20 buses. Not Fonzie jumping something at Arnold’s
Well if there’s anything good about this show we know the fountains go higher than that ring and would probably look nice with the sun hitting them. Guess the Lake went from Lagoon to Fountain of Nations 2.0.

Brer Oswald

I don’t think WDI has the creative freedom they once did. They are more than likely told which franchise to integrate and where, with only the “how” left up to them.

Zach is either a sock puppet or he’s just doing what he can to keep a cool job. Perhaps he really is a fan, and is biding his time until the robots leave upper management. I’d probably do the same thing if I were in his position.

Disney Drew

Well, unless they put SHARKS in the lagoon....then it's even. ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1. Judging by the Disney Park Blogs, the PR department has been decimated by lay-offs. This means the leads on projects are writing their own PR blogs/videos rather than the PR folk.

2. Zach is gonna millennial. He's not gonna get his Tik Tok off your front lawn.

3. As the public face for unpopular things for which he may or may not be responsible, he's the messenger. Therefore, he must be shot!!! Joe Rohde was a lionized imagineer until he was the face for Guardians Breakout. Then he was mocked and targeted as an enemy. That tells you more about the emotional maturity of his new-found enemies than anything about Joe.

Tearing down the Innoventions building was foolish, financially moronic, and a scar on the park that will take a long, long, long time to heal. Removing the Fountain of Nations was pure blasphemy.

Last edited:

JimboS

There is supposed to be water spraying higher than the barges during daytime so the view across the lagoon will change you shouldn’t be able to see the barges. May be attractive when done. Have to wait for completion to pass judgment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom