News Peter Pan's Flight exterior refurbishment - 2021

DoleWhipDrea

I doubt it would ever happen, but IMO the flow of the area could/would be greatly improved if PPF's entrance moved where this construction currently is.
Yes! I honestly get claustrophobic every time I’m in that area (even before COVID.)

Honestly with the FL makeover, the strangest thing IMHO was not moving away from the medieval and circus tent look. Just makes me miss Disneyland more.

Bocabear

The bottleneck right there in Fantasyland is hard to address without MAJOR rebuild...Might be worth it in the long run though... Build a new PPF where the Circus tent Meet and Greet things are... New generation, new vehicles, like Shanghai just did...Remove the circus Train splash pad and create a new Neverland Experience...Pirate ship, a Tink meet and greet...the works.
Re purpose PPF to a smaller Tangled attraction... Then the big thing: Move IASW completely to EPCOT. In it's place there would be space for yet another new dark ride... Perhaps Pinocchio's Daring Journey...since it is right next to the Pinocchio Village Haus, ..The smaller footprint of that dark ride would allow them to push the facades back and create a larger Village Square... and Voila! Loss of one attraction (IASW), gain three (Tangled, Pinocchio, New Expanded PPF. No Bottleneck...Beautiful refreshed, spacious Fantasyland... One Caveat: They would HAVE to build a new IASW at EPCOT.

Fox&Hound

The bottleneck right there in Fantasyland is hard to address without MAJOR rebuild...Might be worth it in the long run though... Build a new PPF where the Circus tent Meet and Greet things are... New generation, new vehicles, like Shanghai just did...Remove the circus Train splash pad and create a new Neverland Experience...Pirate ship, a Tink meet and greet...the works.
Re purpose PPF to a smaller Tangled attraction... Then the big thing: Move IASW completely to EPCOT. In it's place there would be space for yet another new dark ride... Perhaps Pinocchio's Daring Journey...since it is right next to the Pinocchio Village Haus, ..The smaller footprint of that dark ride would allow them to push the facades back and create a larger Village Square... and Voila! Loss of one attraction (IASW), gain three (Tangled, Pinocchio, New Expanded PPF. No Bottleneck...Beautiful refreshed, spacious Fantasyland... One Caveat: They would HAVE to build a new IASW at EPCOT.
Can I like this a million times?

cookiee_munster

yes, Yes, YES!

RSoxNo1

You rang?

Moving IASW would allow for a lot more than just Pinocchio Daring Journey.

N2dru

I like your ideas, however IASW to me is a castle park attraction. Similar to Space Mountain, POTC or HM. Guests have come to expect and closely associate these attractions with the castle parks. I know I do. True, on paper IASW could work at Epcot but I feel its so ingrained in the guest's Disney psyche that it's placement anywhere but Fantasyland wouldn't connect and feel out of place. imo.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

100% agree. Paris wins hands-down. The biggest problem with recreating it here would be the width of the walkways - far too narrow for an American audience.
The pathways are narrower at Disneyland in California - but I agree with you that Paris is stunning.

If Disneyland is a wine meant to be sipped and savored, Disneyland Paris is, fittingly, Champagne.

WDW is closer to Box Wine - not the premium product but it'll mostly get you where you're going.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Latest photos from the Peter Pan's Flight exterior refurb

Peter-Pans-Flight_Full_41278.jpg

iowamomof4

Bocabear

Looks like there's a lot of plexiglass to remove! I hadn't seen pictures of those air flow barriers until now. Yuck.
It is unfortunate with these original attractions the queue area is so compressed there is not much else they could do... Even the expanded queue they built doesn't take away the need for these tight switchbacks...

Splashin' Ryan

Since IASM would undoubtedly go into WS at EP, would you be thinking a new area between Port of Entry and Traders or behind America? I feel IASM might actually make more sense at EP the more I think about it.

cookiee_munster

I do hope that the castle portion of Fantasyland will get a disneyland'eque makeover. It needs a lot of love, and really needs updating. Princess Fairytale Hall needs to have some kind of attraction in it. God, even if it were like a princess theme like the scene in Wreck It Ralph 2 i wouldn't care! 😝 I'm really intrigued to see what tokyo has to offer in regard to this new Peter Pan ride. It'll be interesting to see whether they decide to retire the original ride at their Castle park because of it....

Bocabear

The new Peter Pan at Shanghai Disneyland was charming... About the same overall length as ours, but it is scored and tells more of a story... Ours feels like an old Muzak backtrack randomly on loop... SDL has a complete score that follows the action... And added projections like they did with the Disneyland Alice. PPF is undoubtedly the most popular attraction in Fantasyland and could use some love...

Bocabear

Since IASM would undoubtedly go into WS at EP, would you be thinking a new area between Port of Entry and Traders or behind America? I feel IASM might actually make more sense at EP the more I think about it.
What if IASW was at the Port Of Entry location with the Party Table Bar on the roof? Tucked in among the spires and architectural pieces... It could be beautiful...It would make sense as the Gateway to the World and very fitting to have a World's Fair Attraction in a park largely inspired by the World's Fair...

RSoxNo1

What if IASW was at the Port Of Entry location with the Party Table Bar on the roof? Tucked in among the spires and architectural pieces... It could be beautiful...It would make sense as the Gateway to the World and very fitting to have a World's Fair Attraction in a park largely inspired by the World's Fair...
I've got it replacing The Odyssey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom