Popular Ice Cream Chain Ample Hills Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

UNCgolf

How has Beaches and Cream been ruined, in your opinion?

I know this is an old post, but it's definitely been ruined.

It has no sense of place anymore. The only reason to go in there was the 1950s style diner theming; now the whole place just looks generic. I would not recommend anyone go there post refurb, and I certainly have no interest in going now. It's like if they gutted the Sci-Fi Drive In to remove the theme and just filled it with random tables and booths while serving the exact same food -- who in the world would want to go there?

It's honestly one of the worst refurbs Disney has ever done in terms of demolishing the appeal of the place. My assumption (because it's the only thing that makes sense) is that they simply didn't understand the reason it was a popular spot. It wasn't because people absolutely loved the ice cream and other food.

Last edited:

oogie boogie man

It has no sense of place anymore. The only reason to go in there was the 1950s style diner theming; now the whole place just looks generic. I would not recommend anyone go there post refurb, and I certainly have no interest in going now. It's like if they gutted the Sci-Fi Drive In to remove the theme and just filled it with random tables and booths while serving the exact same food -- who in the world would want to go there?

It's honestly one of the worst refurbs Disney has ever done in terms of demolishing the appeal of the place. My assumption (because it's the only thing that makes sense) is that they simply didn't understand the reason it was a popular spot. It wasn't because people absolutely loved the ice cream and other food.

I agree completely, it looks like a temporary plain room like Mousegears has currently. Gone is the charm and 1950's diner feel that it once had.

runnsally

They aren't even close to having the same issues, thankfully. One could almost argue that they have been limiting their own growth, but I'm under the impression that the owner plans to keep it smaller.
For their sake, here’s hoping. Certainly interesting to see what happens when a mom-and-pop expands into one of the highest rent storefronts in America during a pandemic. Maybe Chapek can suggest a special breakfast cookie for GMA if things go south.

Last edited:

JusticeDisney

Respect your opinion, but I completely disagree. It’s still a fun spot to hit, and people are drawn there for the kitchen sink experience alone. As for your claim that Disney didn’t understand the reason it was a popular spot, I’ll bet you a nickel the place is still always packed.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom