The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Touchdown

How I wish they would reuse Remember The Magic soundtrack somehow for the 50th lol. Maybe for MiSi, which we all know will be back.

As I leave the property after my trip I always play the Goodnight Kiss, the jazz piano version of Spectromagic and then the radio version of Remember the Magic (followed by a enough after fireworks songs from DL and MK to end with the OG When You Wish Upon a Star as I pull into the airport) as my post vacation coda.

Last edited:

HuffsAhoy

In the Parks
No
I am really looking forward to the enhancements on the park icons, though I'm still iffy about Tower's look. I hope to make it down for the festivities in October because it seems to finally be a resort wide celebration worth getting excited about.

TTA94

What ever happened to the rumor of MSUSA getting projections? Besides Covid lol. Could the projections still happen? Oh and the moat fountains? 😉

TrainsOfDisney

Interesting... I just noticed Mickey and Minnies costume colors for the 50th is the same as the opening float of Magic Happens.

That is interesting. I could see it happening... heck I’d even be for it since it would still be a new parade. Plus “magic happens” for the 50th of “Magic kingdom” - that works.

TTA94

That is interesting. I could see it happening... heck I’d even be for it since it would still be a new parade. Plus “magic happens” for the 50th of “Magic kingdom” - that works.

I’m not a big fan of Magic Happens but honestly if WDW was to take any parade from the west coast, Magic Happens would be the best choice since it would not only be a “new parade” they could market for the 50th, but it can also run both day And night.

TTA94

I’d love to know who started those rumours.

Can’t remember honestly, but it definitely came up at some point, I believe when the whole “Project Nugget” thing came about. Well the MS projections did, the moat fountains were just a hopeful thought lol. They were a nice addition at TDL and during the Celebrate: Tokyo Disneyland nighttime show. A show about the park which I wish MK was getting.

TTA94

I think Magic Happens would feel small in MK.

FoF also has a bit more grandeur and spectacle. MK deserves a Parade of Dreams style parade for the 50th.

Transforming floats full of kinetics, show stops. The whole thing.

I wonder if it was even a consideration pre covid for MK to get a new anniversary parade? @marni1971 ? If it wasn’t then sadly I can’t see them adding a parade to the plans now heading into post covid. Now If a parade was originally in the plans, maybe there’s still hope it just got pushed off instead of canceled, or they decided to go with a borrowed parade either late this year or 2022.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom