Trip Report The ONE with the Bowl that was not so Super šŸš½ 2/5-2/9, 2021*COMPLETED*

giphy.gif

HA HA HA!!!
Hello everybody! I returned yesterday from a last minute long weekend to WDW.
How? Who? Why? You ask. Well my Magical friends, here is everything you want to know, and maybe some things, you donā€™t.

It all began a few weeks ago at work when my bff/boss suggested we go to Disney for his birthday. I took him last year and we had a great time. We looked at dates and flights and room rates and hemmed and hawed for a couple days. We decided we would go Presidentā€™s weekend. But my kids would be out of school and they would want to go. Then, texting with @Tuvalu she said ā€œyouā€™re going presidentā€™s weekend!?!?šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³ā€

Ok, she didnā€™t say it like that but that is how I heard it in my mind. I said to my friend, M, ā€œwhat the heck are we thinking? Letā€™s go the weekend before.ā€ His sister/business partner/my other boss gave her blessing (then promptly booked a whole week in Florida for herself at the end of the month) and we started looking at rooms.
Pop was cheap with the AP discount so I booked.

We picked out our flights, then added a day and picked out new flights. Friday came, my day off and two weeks before departure and we had decided on everything. All we had to do was book the flights, which were $69 each way. Then I looked again and the flights were down to $49 each way. I texted M, ā€œBOOK BOOK BOOK! This is not a drill!!!ā€

Then Saturday came and I canceled Pop and booked a studio at Saratoga Springs Resort using my DVC points. Bought Mā€™s park ticket and made park reservations and some ADRā€™s. I also filled out the Magical Express request form and ordered a couple t-shirts.

13 days to go and we were all set.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
View attachment 535207

These pictures are great

Max
Ok ok...no one likes a smart alec!
awkward 30 rock GIF

Can't view the photo attachments! Hope it's not just me. I can still see the ones on the previous page.

"Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."
Not just you. I have no idea what is going on. I have been having problems for a week now. I did report it. I will fiddle with it and see if I can help it along.

SMJS

Can't view the photo attachments! Hope it's not just me. I can still see the ones on the previous page.

"Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."
Thatā€™s exactly what I get too when I click the link ā˜¹ļø

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Monday February 8 cont

After Frozen we headed to Nemo, found him and looked around a bit.

Then we headed into the World Showplace Events Pavilion to see what was there.
I got the salt-roasted Beet Tartare
6F06DE9E-10F2-4788-BC1A-06EE5261E711.jpeg

I wanted to like it but it was bland. Oddly enough, it needed salt. But the presentation was šŸ‘

M got the Charcuterie plate.
DD08BB7F-D872-4176-B70A-CF678FE84D35.jpeg

I laughed when I saw it because I knew he would not eat any of it!!!šŸ˜‚ It was not like the platter at Baseline thatā€™s for sure. He kept asking me ā€œwhatā€™s this? Whatā€™s this?ā€ It hould come with a roadmap! I told him, ā€œdonā€™t worry what it is, try it, if you like it great! If not, move on.ā€

He left there hungry...

One thing I knew for certain he would like, Molten Chocolate cake from the France booth.
E588A885-5C39-43F1-B035-722DF8EA1362.jpeg

And a frozen French Martini
91DA974C-1F82-4B8E-8CE7-AAC9A0B79B1F.jpeg

(happy to say both were purchased attitude freešŸ˜‰)

Then it was time to try out the new Ratatouille restrooms.
DDBFF998-F073-4C6F-985D-714EF56BD2EA.jpeg

Big!
Beautiful!
So.
So.
Dirty!!!
20401D61-DF2C-4257-BB9F-9BC5D78518F9.jpeg

B2D9869D-CCA8-42FC-AC83-92B4633EC81D.jpeg

The water fountain outside.
It looks like Lumiere!
5A9BA00F-0C60-4D1F-A13E-F9C780AD6DF8.jpeg

beauty and the beast burn GIF

macefamily

Saturday February 6th, 2021

I have mentioned before that I am from SoCal originally. Californians are known to be pretentious. I mean, look at me with the SoCal.
would we schitts creek GIF by CBC

Anyhow, I am going to quote myself, please forgive me.

Saturday 3:00am

I awoke, not suddenly like one would from a bad dream but slowly with a feeling of dread, doom and pain, so much pain. My stomach! It was if there were something in there begging to get out. I tried to get up but it felt as if all my muscles had gelatinized. Keeping my eyes closed I pushed back the covers and willed myself to be strong. You are an athlete. You can do this. Nothing lasts forever. Nothing lasts forever. Nothing lasts...

I felt my way to my bedroom door, opened it quietly so not to wake M asleep in the living room, made a sharp right and opened the bathroom door, shutting it behind me. Nothing lasts forever. Then a left to open the door to the toilet. No time to clorox wipe anything. I fell to my knees, keeping my eyes closed and my face as far as I could I released the demons trying to escape my stomach. I sat on the floor gasping for breath. Nothing lasts forever. Again and again I forcefully ejected the contents my stomach found objectionable. Eyes still closed I flushed it down then uprighted myself and stumbled to the sink. I was shaking as I washed and dried my hands.

I opened the bathroom door and there was M.
ā€œDid I wake you?ā€
ā€œNo.ā€

I retreated into my bedroom and my half of the bathroom, the half with the tub and the gorgeous sink and the stupid closet that should be a second toilet! I fumbled around for my toothbrush, put some toothpaste on it and brushed my teeth. It felt as if there were something lodged in my throat. Oh my throat, it burned. It felt like road rash with a chunk of asphalt still embedded in it.

With trepidation I took a small sip of water. Mistake. Bed. I needed to lie down. But the bed was so far away. Nothing lasts forever. Nothing lasts forever.

Sleep was elusive and fitful. My body lay still but my mind raced. What the heck is this? Did I drink too much? No, thatā€™s not it. I felt fine before bed. FOOD POISONING! Who? What? Where? What time is it? RotR BG in a few hours. Nothing lasts forever. Sleep. Sleep damn it sleep.

Several times over the next couple hours in my semi sleep state I could hear M get up and make his way to the restroom. Just after 6:00am my stomach woke again, and was still angry albeit not as angry as before. M was in the bathroom and even if he wasnā€™t there was no way I was sticking my face near that bowl again. Nothing lasts forever.

Willpower was the answer. You will not throw up. I grabbed my phone and hustled into my half of the bathroom grabbing the brand new, never been used trash can and sat on the floor leaning against the tub. My body heaved a few times trying to dismiss every last poisonous crumb, but there was none remaining.

Shivering I checked the time. Boarding groups would be dropping in about 10 minutes. I had trained for this and even compromised I could do it. I restarted my phone and switched off wifi. Waiting for My Disney Experience to load I started to burn up. Sweat beaded up around my hairline, my heart thumped audibly, blood swished within my ears. I lay down on the cold tile floor nestling my cheek into the cool comfort. Nothing lasts forever.

Time check: 6:58.
What happens if I get an early boarding group? Can I do this? I donā€™t want to disappoint M. What is worse? Sorry I didnā€™t get it or I got it but I canā€™t go?
7:00
With trembling hands I pushed the join now button then the next join button. I had trained for this. It circled, then it circled again I knew it was too late before the red screen appeared telling me the groups were full. Relief washed over me but it was quickly replaced by nausea. I sat on the floor leaning against the tub with the trash can between my legs.

I needed to tell M so he didnā€™t get up and start getting ready. But I could not stand. My muscles were too weak, my body shaking, switching between shivers and sweats. I crawled to the bedroom door and opened it from the floor. Exhausted I slumped over to regain my strength.
ā€œM???ā€, I called quietly, my throat burning with every syllable.
ā€œI didnā€™t get the boarding group.ā€

M walked over to where I was sprawled on the floor.
ā€œYou okay?ā€ he asked.
ā€œI think I have food poioning and I feel like sh..ā€
ā€œMe too,ā€ he responded, ā€œI have been in the bathroom all night. But I feel a little better now. Can I get you anything?ā€

I must have felt a little better too. I asked for a bag from our groceries so I could line the trash can in case I got sick again. I did not want to ruin a brand new trash can. Even ill I have priorities.

ā€œLets sleep another hour and see how we feel. We donā€™t have a boarding group so we can head to Hollywood anytime we want.ā€

Nothing lasts forever
OMG, I feel for you. During out last trip in January we made it a point to get to the Regal Eagle BBQ in Epcot because we're big fans of good BBQ. Well, we got there around 8:30; right before closing. We all ordered something different. The food was kind of dry but tasted "OK". About 2 hrs later when we got back to our room my daughter and I were each using the bathroom for the next 4 hours. It's a terrible feeling. The same thing happened to me at the Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom back in July. Tuna poke. Yes, that tuna really "poked me."

macefamily

Monday February 8 cont

View attachment 535464
I wanted to like it but it was bland. Oddly enough, it needed salt. But the presentation was šŸ‘

View attachment 535463
I laughed when I saw it because I knew he would not eat any of it!!!šŸ˜‚ It was not like the platter at Baseline thatā€™s for sure. He kept asking me ā€œwhatā€™s this? Whatā€™s this?ā€ It hould come with a roadmap! I told him, ā€œdonā€™t worry what it is, try it, if you like it great! If not, move on.ā€

He left there hungry...

One thing I knew for certain he would like, Molten Chocolate cake from the France booth.
View attachment 535462
View attachment 535461

View attachment 535465
Big!
Beautiful!
So.
So.
Dirty!!!
View attachment 535466
View attachment 535468
It looks like Lumiere!
View attachment 535467
Monday February 8 cont

View attachment 535464

View attachment 535463

He left there hungry...

View attachment 535462
View attachment 535461

View attachment 535465
Big!
Beautiful!
So.
So.
Dirty!!!
View attachment 535466
View attachment 535468
It looks like Lumiere!
View attachment 535467

Awesome. Boy, it sounds like we have the same tastes. We got the steak tartare and charcuterie plate as well last trip. Looking forward to the Flower and Garden in a few weeks to see what they have to offer. We get the soft pretzel and charcuterie plate along with a few beer flights at Baseline too.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Monday February 8 cont

It was just after 5:00 and we decided to take a friendship back to HWS. Our main goal was Slinky at night. We love it all lit up and think it ups the fun factor.

But first things first.
MMRR was a 20 minute wait so we rode that. They loaded us in a different spot. I assume it is where they load/unload guests in wheelchairs or who may need more time or what not. I tried to get some pix of the area but they are not great.
08171C65-836E-432C-B9BD-01BC72D0B9F9.jpeg

2ABAE2F0-0B9D-442A-8222-D3117BCEB754.jpeg

7C433104-5EC8-4DF4-8EB4-C102194CFE1D.jpeg

I never noticed this sign before. I love it.
(Disclaimer: @Tuvalu might have pointed it out to me when we road together in August but my brain did not process it then)
2B0EE206-B41A-4BCE-98D2-A82682076BFD.jpeg

Slinky was posted at 55 minutes, and had been all afternoon. I told M, ā€œif it is it is. Letā€™s get on line.ā€
I knew immediately from where the line started that it was NOT 55 minutes. I assume they were trying to scare people off? It probably worked too because we waited 15.

00D99F5A-603C-4E42-ABCA-2FF3A06F6A9B.jpeg

FEBC03EE-FD0A-49B0-AB6B-C1426A00FADA.jpeg

We had time to go again as the line was still short (all contained within the queue proper) but we decided to head out and beat the ā€œcrowdā€šŸ˜‚ (not crowded)

One last picture on the way out...
145C1FF7-00EE-42C8-9C95-D378A0D9A8A9.jpeg

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
OMG, I feel for you. During out last trip in January we made it a point to get to the Regal Eagle BBQ in Epcot because we're big fans of good BBQ. Well, we got there around 8:30; right before closing. We all ordered something different. The food was kind of dry but tasted "OK". About 2 hrs later when we got back to our room my daughter and I were each using the bathroom for the next 4 hours. It's a terrible feeling. The same thing happened to me at the Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom back in July. Tuna poke. Yes, that tuna really "poked me."
It really is the worst feeling.
How do you feel about tuna today?
scale tuna GIF

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Awesome. Boy, it sounds like we have the same tastes. We got the steak tartare and charcuterie plate as well last trip. Looking forward to the Flower and Garden in a few weeks to see what they have to offer. We get the soft pretzel and charcuterie plate along with a few beer flights at Baseline too.
I was looking at F&G menus yesterday and it looks like they have really stepped up their game. I have a lot of ā€œmust tryā€ dishes! Also, I noticed a big violet and hibiscus presence in the menus. Which makes since seeing how they are flowers.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Tuesday February 9th, 2021

Departure dayšŸ˜ž

We had done most of our packing the night before but still we were up early to finish and get our bags to Bell services.

After showers it was time for breakfast:
64C0D6D8-B73B-4CFC-9A2F-21B87FBB2A48.jpeg

I had X leave us two beers, he left three and they were still in the fridge. Oatmeal and beer. Yum!

Instead of calling Bell services we walked to the Carriage House as it was across the street from our room. We left our bags with them and headed back to the bus stop.
There was a nice CM from Elizabeth NJ who was washing the concrete at the Springs bus stop.
I had no idea they did this.
C7A644FE-4C92-4ABE-B023-6113FB09871F.jpeg

F7793FC6-A176-425A-9F60-74CD147B0F09.jpeg

C0F7C013-3661-4CB0-86FF-7E94173C9986.jpeg

His glasses kept fogging up and his mask kept falling down and he apologized to us.
ā€œNo need to apologize. The place looks great! Thank you!ā€

The bus came at 7:25 and we were on our way to Animal Kingdom. Yay!
We arrived shortly after and took our time walking in.
5D9DBDAB-2AA7-431B-8F51-251F966BDC94.jpeg

CBFA4258-D3E2-4719-B959-267807017403.jpeg

First stop was Navi River Journey. I had been watching wait times before our trip and the wait for Navi had been the longest in the park, usually over 60 minutes from an hour after open until close. Flight of Passage peaked first thing then tapered off about lunch time while everything else was 5 minutes for the first hour or two.
9BD9C976-9D94-49D7-AF9E-98870256DAB0.jpeg

05A7A43A-A1B3-4674-ACDC-4AE485F25B66.jpeg

Navi done, we just had to follow the game plan and we would see and do what we wanted in this, our last and shortest day.

mimefan

I was looking at F&G menus yesterday and it looks like they have really stepped up their game. I have a lot of ā€œmust tryā€ dishes! Also, I noticed a big violet and hibiscus presence in the menus. Which makes since seeing how they are flowers.
I'm headed out to Epcot next Thursday, second day of F&G, hoping to beat the spring break crowds. Temps here near 90 (!) until a cooldown late next week. That reminds me-- time to order another Disney gift card from Target.

slipperalwaysfits

So.
Dirty!!!
What a bummer! And nobody is ever there yet!
I never noticed this sign before. I love it.
(Disclaimer: @Tuvalu might have pointed it out to me when we road together in August but my brain did not process it then)
What a cool tribute! I'll have to look for it on my next trip!

Glad you got some time in AK and made it on NAVI!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom