Trip Report The ONE with the Bowl that was not so Super šŸš½ 2/5-2/9, 2021*COMPLETED*

giphy.gif

HA HA HA!!!
Hello everybody! I returned yesterday from a last minute long weekend to WDW.
How? Who? Why? You ask. Well my Magical friends, here is everything you want to know, and maybe some things, you donā€™t.

It all began a few weeks ago at work when my bff/boss suggested we go to Disney for his birthday. I took him last year and we had a great time. We looked at dates and flights and room rates and hemmed and hawed for a couple days. We decided we would go Presidentā€™s weekend. But my kids would be out of school and they would want to go. Then, texting with @Tuvalu she said ā€œyouā€™re going presidentā€™s weekend!?!?šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³ā€

Ok, she didnā€™t say it like that but that is how I heard it in my mind. I said to my friend, M, ā€œwhat the heck are we thinking? Letā€™s go the weekend before.ā€ His sister/business partner/my other boss gave her blessing (then promptly booked a whole week in Florida for herself at the end of the month) and we started looking at rooms.
Pop was cheap with the AP discount so I booked.

We picked out our flights, then added a day and picked out new flights. Friday came, my day off and two weeks before departure and we had decided on everything. All we had to do was book the flights, which were $69 each way. Then I looked again and the flights were down to $49 each way. I texted M, ā€œBOOK BOOK BOOK! This is not a drill!!!ā€

Then Saturday came and I canceled Pop and booked a studio at Saratoga Springs Resort using my DVC points. Bought Mā€™s park ticket and made park reservations and some ADRā€™s. I also filled out the Magical Express request form and ordered a couple t-shirts.

13 days to go and we were all set.

fractal

Monday February 8, 2021

I woke up at 6:50. I had been able to get a good nights sleep (yay!) and felt great! Except I had BG stomach!
I did a restart on my phone and this time kept the wifi on. I hit the first join button (on the home screen) and waited on the second screen for that join button to turn blue. I hit that at 7:00 then hit the continue button without even checking if the party was correct.
View attachment 534065
I ran out into the living room to tell M. He said, ā€œokā€.
OK?!?
OK!?!
Is he kidding me with ā€œokā€???
I posted the result to the RotR thread. They would be more supportive than M!
Then I got a text from the lovely and talented @Tuvalu with some uplifting and congratulatory gifs. šŸ˜€
I needed those. Thanks!!!

I gave X a kiss good bye and told him to take all but two beers with him. And to take the mini bottles of Prosecco too.

He and his friends were going golfing on the way back to school. They were going to go at SSR but it was not in their budget and in order to get the DVC price I would have to be with them. No way! I had a date with the Resistance!

At 8:30 I was saying hello to my beautiful friend.
View attachment 534066

View attachment 534067
View attachment 534068

I had been watching wait times and ToT always seems to be the longest all day long so we planned on doing that first. Aaaah! It wasnā€™t open.
Rock n Roller coaster it is. It was a walk on. I took my phone out of my pocket to put in my bag for the ride and I saw X had called me. Twice. My mom radar went off. I called him back.
ā€œMom, I lost my wallet.ā€
ā€œWhat? You never took your wallet out! Germany, you paid in Germany with a gift card.ā€
ā€œI had it in France.ā€
ā€œI am climbing into my rock n roll limo right this second, I will call you back.ā€

Another attraction not enjoyed. There was TT the previous night where I was fighting with my seat belt the entire time and now RnR where all I could think about was Xā€™s wallet.
View attachment 534069

We got off, hit the bathroom and walked to ToT. I called X. I told him to call the front desk and ask about the lost and found. He did not have any cash in it (typical) but had a credit card. I told him to call his Dad and have the CC put on hold.

M and I continued through the ToT line.
ā€œWait!ā€ I took pictures last night as we were leaving.ā€

We examined the pictures. He clearly had his wallet in his pocket as we left the park. I had taken a picture of him sitting at the bus stop...there was no wallet on the ground. If he dropped it in the bus I would have seen it as I was the last one off the bus.

I sent the pix to X and told him the wallet had to be in that room and he had to tear it apart.
Sherlock Holmes Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

I got an alert:
View attachment 534072
M and I entered the elevator.
View attachment 534071
View attachment 534070

My phone rang.
ā€œMom, I found it.ā€
ā€œGreat, where was it?ā€
ā€œUnder the microwave.ā€
darling in the franxx GIF by mannyjammy

ā€œWell, good thing I took all those annoying pictures!ā€
ā€œThatā€™s exactly what J said!ā€
šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

@Darstarr The Sleuth.

MegRuss626

Weā€™ve had a similar coffee table in our family room for 10+ years. The ā€œcoolā€ factor sold us. The reality is we hardly ever use the desk feature. :facepalm:

EDIT: I thought you had put up the birthday banner for M! :cool:

We have one too! We bought it when we bought our first house about 13 years ago....the guy at the furniture store lifted it up and we were SOLD! We used it a good bit but at our new house thereā€™s no good ā€œspotā€ for a coffee table so it has been converted into a TV stand in our family room šŸ˜‚šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Yeah, I'm kind of a Hermione that way...I'm a total nerd. There's just something about holding an actual book and be able to smell the pages. It never runs out of batteries either.

While that may be true about the batteries, you never have to wait to get home to start a new book šŸ˜‰ (plus it is lighter and smaller in my bag)
My next door neighbor works at the library so he set up Libby on my phone for me and a lady at work showed me how to use it. Thanks goodness for the new phone and the battery life!!!
Although I do prefer a real life book, this has been great and convenient. Snow storm? Download a book. Flight to Disney? Download a book.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Monday February 8 cont

We had left Hollywood. Galaxyā€™s Edge was packed and the line for RotR was spilling out onto the walkways. I later learned it was because this guy was joining the resistance:
AA2AB0A5-D89B-40F4-8EAF-11B55F0EC8CD.jpeg

Clearly not my photo!
What is more scary? Gronk or a whole lot of Storm Troopers???

We took the skyliner to Epcot.
What was our first stop???
Everyone say it together!!!
Happy North America GIF by BBC America

Moosehead from Cana duh!
00D822B9-C596-4E3A-B8A1-D0222BF120E5.jpeg

Sent to X who was still golfing...
3C1F1229-0991-42F1-B457-CC3DE0C27BA0.jpeg

D407C6AB-D9B9-4FAD-A8AE-B6E136990E6E.jpeg

Then we headed to Frozen. The wait times had been low between around 2:00 (I had been watching) so I wanted to go while the wait was 20 minutes.

Here we go! I knew a took a picture of one of the new signs forbidding eating and drinking on line.
04BCA716-D842-4EBF-8B00-4707B700E6F5.jpeg

And because some things never change, even with a new phone, some blurry photos:
0350AB5F-84A7-419F-92F6-8968A867B0FE.jpeg

5867CD35-6D3B-4A64-9977-760BE5DAE9F2.jpeg

5E68BE19-F85A-419D-99C6-39BA01C5E94A.jpeg

4E90E0BF-CC99-40E7-BAF8-EC3E34B815F6.jpeg

Last edited:

mimefan

Can't view the photo attachments! Hope it's not just me. I can still see the ones on the previous page.

"Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom