Reasons to ride the monorail

ELG13

Our son loves the monorail and our last trip was too short and didn't give us the chance to ride it since the poly stop is was not open. We considered chef mickey's but since they arent open past noon that's not going to happen. Where else could we ride it? We didn't enjoy the grand floridian dinner last time and since the band isn't even playing I don't know if shopping in the shops would be half as enjoyable (if they are open?). I mean, I assume we could ride it for fun but I would like something fun-ish to do along the way lol.

nickys

Premium Member
Our son loves the monorail and our last trip was too short and didn't give us the chance to ride it since the poly stop is was not open. We considered chef mickey's but since they arent open past noon that's not going to happen. Where else could we ride it? We didn't enjoy the grand floridian dinner last time and since the band isn't even playing I don't know if shopping in the shops would be half as enjoyable (if they are open?). I mean, I assume we could ride it for fun but I would like something fun-ish to do along the way lol.
I would ride it for fun. Riding it through the Contemporary is something fun, looking up at all the floors of rooms and going in and out of a hotel. What could be more fun than that for a monorail fan? But also stopping in the Contemporary to look at Mary Blair’s mural and the shops, which are all on the same floor, could be worthwhile. So that means one complete loop and then back to get off there. And I would still stop at the GF, you could walk from there to the Poly or MK if you wanted to. Or do it in the evening to watch a movie under the stars at one of the resorts.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Theres not a lot to do because its a transportation mode from resort to resort and to MK. Other than stopping to dine or shop or visit a resort you want to look through, ride it for fun. We will be riding the Monorail as part of our usual things to do at Disney. We like hearing the Monorail speil, hearing the dings of the door closing chime, we enjoy looking out the windows to get some different above views of the sights surrounding us. I look forward to seeing Cinderella Castle from a distance as we pass the place that offers that sight and get a lofty view of a section of Bay Lake.
Back years ago (prior to the horrific accident), DS and I got to ride in the front car with the Pilot, got a Pilots license and had some amazing views gliding along the way to EP.

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

I certainly don't need a reason to ride the monorail, but since you are looking for one, what about a little scavenger hunt? You could get off at each stop to do something like hunt for hidden Mickey's or get pressed pennies or get a picture of a cast member wearing the new aprons (with permission of course!)

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Ok good to know we can still ride it for fun. We do that normally but I guess since we have more free time with this trip than usual I was just looking for something we could add to it. Any good bars along the way? We could get a beverage and stroll while the kids explore a little??

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
I certainly don't need a reason to ride the monorail, but since you are looking for one, what about a little scavenger hunt? You could get off at each stop to do something like hunt for hidden Mickey's or get pressed pennies or get a picture of a cast member wearing the new aprons (with permission of course!)
I am a sucker for a pressed penny 😂 my husband still fails to understand the allure

Upvote 0

Zé_Carioca

Ok good to know we can still ride it for fun. We do that normally but I guess since we have more free time with this trip than usual I was just looking for something we could add to it. Any good bars along the way? We could get a beverage and stroll while the kids explore a little??
For the grand the Enchanted Rose bar is open. For the contemporary Trade Sam's isn't open but Tambu (Ohana's bar is open) and for the Contemporary, there is the wave bar, Cali Grill lounge or outer rim.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Who needs a reason? ;) But if you do....For kids buy a pin at each resort stop. With adults grab a libation at each resort stop. Can't do the Poly right now of course..but hey!

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
For the grand the Enchanted Rose bar is open. For the contemporary Trade Sam's isn't open but Tambu (Ohana's bar is open) and for the Contemporary, there is the wave bar, Cali Grill lounge or outer rim.
Oh isn't there spot at contemporary that has an outdoor area and people get good pictures of MK from there?????

Upvote 0

Snails

Chef Mickey’s is not open past noon? It’s hard to believe we were there 15 months ago before everything... I rode the Skyway for fun, not sure why you wouldn’t ride the monorail for fun, especially with kiddos. Looking forward to booking another trip with grandkids!

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Chef Mickey’s is not open past noon? It’s hard to believe we were there 15 months ago before everything... I rode the Skyway for fun, not sure why you wouldn’t ride the monorail for fun, especially with kiddos. Looking forward to booking another trip with grandkids!
No it isn't. I guess because of the new way they are doing the characters and family style instead of buffett. We plan on riding it for fun!! We can't wait. I was just looking for ideas for fun things to do along the way 🙂

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom