Reopening Disneyland

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiratesMansion

Okay, that's fine. But just because he may change his stance on some things, does not mean that he will change his stance on everything.

If what some have said here is an indication, it would seem to me that not everything will reopen, even in part, as long as Newsom is around; hence, my support for the recall.

Also, I believe that Dr. Fauci wants to keep schools closed.
It really seems like you just want your absolute worst case scenario fears confirmed when that is a very unlikely long term scenario.

It's important to remember that "this is a scenario I don't like" does not equal "this is the worst case scenario or the worst case scenario will happen."

Biden made the reopening of schools one of his priorities within the first 100 days of his term, and it seems like he is carrying that out. That said, if schools aren't comfortable opening up than I support those schools' right to do so. If parents really want their kids in a building, I'm sure they can find one that's open.

And while I'm not a Californian, I do think some of the vitriol at Newsom is undeserved. Sure, he had his hypocritical moments (see: every modern politician). Sure, he has theme park policies that almost everyone thinks are excessive and bunk. But some people here carry on as if was one of the worst political crooks of all time and I just don't see that at all.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Once everyone has both doses of the vaccine then everything should re-open like normal. No more masks, or distancing, or plexi glass. We were not meant to live like this. We can't survive like this. All of it needs to go back once everyone has the vaccine in them.

Is anyone advocating for that?

And what happens if only 50% of the population gets the vaccine. I think if we wait for everyone to get the vaccine it'll never happen. I think once everyone has the ability to get the vaccine then we go back to normal.

Disstevefan1

Absence of proof is not proof of absence. Outbreaks would be hard to detect if they are spread out across the country, and around areas that don't have adequate contact tracing.
Agreed. There is no proof either way. Some say the only solution is to shutdown totally, some say to open, but to open with safety precautions.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Okay, that's fine. But just because he may change his stance on some things, does not mean that he will change his stance on everything.

If what some have said here is an indication, it would seem to me that not everything will reopen, even in part, as long as Newsom is around; hence, my support for the recall.
First of all just because someone posts their opinion here about Newsom doesn't mean that is the reality. I have the opinion that you own me a Million dollars, doesn't mean that is the reality. So just because someone has the opinion that Newsom wants to keep everything closed forever doesn't mean that is the reality. That is an opinion based on emotion not facts.

Fact is that Newsom just like every other Governor wants to reopen their state, but Newsom wants to do it safely and more cautiously than most. And that unfortunately rubs some people from the other side of the political spectrum the wrong way who rather just throw open the doors like some states. We all have different opinions on how this pandemic should have gone, but that doesn't mean those opinions are right.

The larger issue is that this pandemic became highly political, it never should have been. And you're getting swept up in the "recall" because your favorite place in the world is closed right now. Take emotion out of it, stop buying into the hype.

Also, I believe that Dr. Fauci wants to keep schools closed.
Actually not true at all. Fauci has said he wants schools reopened within Biden's timeline of the 1st 100 days in office:

In fact Fauci has said since last July he wants schools reopened as fast and as safe as possible.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I agree, there is no perfect solution. You talked about opening up everything. That’s the other extreme. DLR for example, could have been opened many moths ago using the proven, safe procedures WDW is using.

it feels like to me, Newsom does not care about DLR workers or businesses surrounding DLR.
Just because that is your feeling doesn't mean that is the reality.

I understand this is a Disney Fan Site and this section of the forum focuses on Disneyland, but there is more to the state of California than just Disneyland and its surrounding area. Newsom has to focus on the entire state not just DLR. Making sure 40M people don't get sick from a highly contagious virus is his number one priority. Luckily we're now on the tail end of this hopefully with the vaccinations. Its just a bit longer and things will get back to relative normality.

disneycp

I understand this is a Disney Fan Site and this section of the forum focuses on Disneyland, but there is more to the state of California than just Disneyland and its surrounding area. Newsom has to focus on the entire state not just DLR. Making sure 40M people don't get sick from a highly contagious virus is his number one priority. Luckily we're now on the tail end of this hopefully with the vaccinations. Its just a bit longer and things will get back to relative normality.

man if I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard “just a bit longer....” over the past year

disneycp

Except we really are "just a bit longer" as the vaccinations are what get us back to a sense of normality. To quote a recent popular movie, "We're in the end game now".

Vaccinations getting us back to normal (I noticed you said “a sense of normality,” as if the thought of actual normal is still far off...) means a different timeline depending on who you ask. Is it when the people who are most likely to get seriously ill/die are vaccinated? When everyone 16+ has a chance to be vaccinated? When everyone, including kids, has been vaccinated? All of these options mean entirely different things - the first could be within a month or two, the last could be another year

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Vaccinations getting us back to normal (I noticed you said “a sense of normality,” as if the thought of actual normal is still far off...) means a different timeline depending on who you ask. Is it when the people who are most likely to get seriously ill/die are vaccinated? When everyone 16+ has a chance to be vaccinated? When everyone, including kids, has been vaccinated? All of these options mean entirely different things - the first could be within a month or two, the last could be another year
If your normal is when will things like Disneyland open back up even if its with masks and other social distancing measures for a sense of normality, then we're looking at a couple months from now, likely in May.

If your normal is when will things go back to like it was pre-COVID days with no masks at all, well you're looking at sometime in 2022.

disneycp

If your normal is when will things like Disneyland open back up even if its with masks and other social distancing measures for a sense of normality, then we're looking at a couple months from now, likely in May.

If your normal is when will things go back to like it was pre-COVID days with no masks at all, well you're looking at sometime in 2022.

yikes. I can only hope you’re wrong.

el_super

All of these options mean entirely different things - the first could be within a month or two, the last could be another year

Even as the population gets vaccinated, there will still need to be distancing and mask requirements, as the general public will have no knowledge of who has beem vaccinated or not. Confidence to travel and "return to normal" will only be gained, after the infection rates decrease and fall out of the news cycle, probably weeks after herd immunity is reached.

This is exactly why Chapek doesn't see a lifting of park restrictions until 2022. Even if you think they are technically unnecessary, they will be needed to boost visitor confidence of a safe experience.

Stevek

man if I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard “just a bit longer....” over the past year

the office thats GIF

rangerbob

Even as the population gets vaccinated, there will still need to be distancing and mask requirements, as the general public will have no knowledge of who has beem vaccinated or not. Confidence to travel and "return to normal" will only be gained, after the infection rates decrease and fall out of the news cycle, probably weeks after herd immunity is reached.

This is exactly why Chapek doesn't see a lifting of park restrictions until 2022. Even if you think they are technically unnecessary, they will be needed to boost visitor confidence of a safe experience.
Possibly 2023. WDW has their reservation system out to Jan 2023.

Disstevefan1

I understand this is a Disney Fan Site and this section of the forum focuses on Disneyland, but there is more to the state of California than just Disneyland and its surrounding area. Newsom has to focus on the entire state not just DLR. Making sure 40M people don't get sick from a highly contagious virus is his number one priority. Luckily we're now on the tail end of this hopefully with the vaccinations. Its just a bit longer and things will get back to relative I have never been to CA or to DLR and probably will never, so the closure of DLR does not affect me at all.
You are right about feelings not being reality. Just ask Newsom.

I have never been to CA or to DLR and probably will never, so the closure of DLR does not affect me at all. I was just thinking of all the folks out of work and now crushed businesses in CA.

I just gave DLR as one example. DLR could have opened months ago using the proven procedures used in WDW.

Having said that, Florida does have something California does not. Hospital beds.

The states of Washington, Oregon, and California rank at the bottom in the US for the number of total hospital beds available for their populations irrespective of COVID.

So that is one reason to keep CA locked down...

This is all moot anyway, CA is going to get big federal bailout from taxpayers like in Florida who didn’t shutdown. Somebody gotta pay the bills..

Communicora

Premium Member

I have never been to CA or to DLR and probably will never, so the closure of DLR does not affect me at all. I was just thinking of all the folks out of work and now crushed businesses in CA.

I just gave DLR as one example. DLR could have opened months ago using the proven procedures used in WDW.

Having said that, Florida does have something California does not. Hospital beds.

The states of Washington, Oregon, and California rank at the bottom in the US for the number of total hospital beds available for their populations irrespective of COVID.

This is all moot anyway, CA is going to get big federal bailout from taxpayers like in Florida who didn’t shutdown. Somebody gotta pay the bills..
In recent years, California got $12 in federal funding per resident, compared to Florida's $2,187.

Like you, I don't live in California but I wouldn't begrudge additional federal funding if it's needed in California, just like I'm not upset if there is a bad hurricane season in Florida and they get more help.

It feels like you are using this thread to vent about your general political beliefs instead of discussing Disneyland's eventual reopening.
If you don't intend to visit Disneyland why post? I am really looking to my next Disneyland trip. California is near the top of the list of places I will visit when I am ready to travel again in part because I'm more confident California's safety measures will make it a more healthy and pleasant place to visit. WDW seems to be handling many things relatively well but it's an island in a state with few restrictions.

Emmanuel

B01C9EC5-EEE0-4D74-AE47-67C6700F0671.jpeg

Some NorCal Counties have moved to the Red Tier

74B91EB0-674B-43DC-B2D0-C3AF9D4A5853.jpeg

SoCal ICU capacity is now above 15%

AED91626-3F24-4FB9-BE9D-62E4145430D3.jpeg

Orange County is close to going to Red. They meet the positivity rate and Health Equity metrics for Red. All that’s needed is the case rate to be at 7.0

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Lets be real here, that bailout you claim is for CA is for the entire US irrespective of political affiliation or lockdown status. So we in CA are also paying for FL, and every other state. So its not isolated to just CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom