Joe Rohde announces retirement from WDI

the.dreamfinder

trainplane3

I wonder if Colglazier poached him. Joe being at retirement age and can't do much more at WDI. WDI also in a big state of flux too. Colglazier obviously well aware of Rohde working in the parks segment for a number of years. Joe Rohde up and moved from the LA area too.
Michael Colglazier, CEO of Virgin Galactic said, “As soon as I joined Virgin Galactic, I knew there was one person we just had to work with to help shape the incredible experience we are developing – and that person was Joe Rohde. Joe has a methodology that is unique, inspired, and truly effective. His track record for keeping authenticity central to the design and creating deeply transformative experiences aligns perfectly with our mission. I couldn’t be more pleased to see Joe choose Virgin Galactic for his first encore!’’

I feel like that's the case from the article plus the Instagram post with the same thing:

Rteetz

Michael Colglazier, CEO of Virgin Galactic said, “As soon as I joined Virgin Galactic, I knew there was one person we just had to work with to help shape the incredible experience we are developing – and that person was Joe Rohde. Joe has a methodology that is unique, inspired, and truly effective. His track record for keeping authenticity central to the design and creating deeply transformative experiences aligns perfectly with our mission. I couldn’t be more pleased to see Joe choose Virgin Galactic for his first encore!’’

I feel like that's the case from the article plus the Instagram post with the same thing:
This makes the state of WDI look even worse I think.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This has nothing to do with the state of WDI..

This is yet another clear sign that the money is tied off and will be for a long period.
It’s just economics...we are just entering a period where it makes zero sense for Disney to build. Not at all.

Which means it’s gonna get boring on these boards...and we’ll start to eat our young.

...at least we have that canal from
Riviera to the back of world showcase to look forward to 👍🏻

DVCakaCarlF

Of course it does.

WDI is just a toy maker now churning out branded product.

Virgin Galactic is poised to be the FIRST major space tourism company that will take tens of thousands of guests off this rock to see their home from a new vantage point.
I do agree with @Sirwalterraleigh that his departure from WDI has nothing to do with him working at Galactic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom